Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Except for the fact if they do that, he’s unrestricted after next year. I doubt they do that
    they can accept then extend, it's like a Mitch deal, Mav's have control

The difference, is Ball wants out, and NO won’t match a big offer. Dallas will likely match anything but a ridiculous offer
    Yea but idk if ball is worth the max 15 mill might get Brunson who actually attacks the paint

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    they can accept then extend, it's like a Mitch deal, Mav's have control
    Not really. They then risk him just leaving. Just like we do if we don’t extend

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Yea but idk if ball is worth the max 15 mill might get Brunson who actually attacks the paint
    You was all Lonzo or bust a few days ago. Depending on the size of deals perhaps a stab for a Lowry for a two year deal may turn out to be the most reasonable outcome. We shall see. Or maybe a TJ Mcconnell to replace Peyton and you go with Rose and whoever else you trade for or draft. Maybe give IQ more time at the 1 after the off-season and keep Burks and use him there as well.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-17-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Fax but who would've thought that before we traded kp
    Well bro I was one of the few who didn't mind the KP trade and started a thread about signing Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell that summer they were both free agents. Can you imagine how good we would be right now with DLo instead of Payton?

A lot of people here thought I was crazy and didn't want to pay DLo. Also thought Julius was over paid...lol. What a joke

Moving forward I'm not excited about paying Ball 20 mil per when DLo is better and we could have had him for near the same money.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Well bro I was one of the few who didn't mind the KP trade and started a thread about signing Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell that summer they were both free agents. Can you imagine how good we would be right now with DLo instead of Payton?

A lot of people here thought I was crazy and didn't want to pay DLo. Also thought Julius was over paid...lol. What a joke

Moving forward I'm not excited about paying Ball 20 mil per when DLo is better and we could have had him for near the same money.
    I was initially cool with Randle if you remember. I then completely soured on him. But I’m glad to be wrong right now

DLo would have been a nice get for us no doubt, I would have signed him in a second. People were saying he wouldn’t get anything near max

I love Brunson, for the money I'm taking him over Ball. Brunson reminds me of a little taller Kyle Lowry who wasn't as good earlier on in his career as well. I think Brunson is a Thibs type of player. He is only 24 so he fits the time line as well. He is being held back in that role with the Mavs.

Ball is not worth max. I’ve wanted him all along, but that’s crazy talk

Dallas would 100% match that, if they let him be a RFA

I was initially cool with Randle if you remember. I then completely soured on him. But I’m glad to be wrong right now

DLo would have been a nice get for us no doubt, I would have signed him in a second. People were saying he wouldn’t get anything near max
    Thing is we ended up with nothing (Payton) and holding big time cash 15-18 million under the cap when we could have spent it on DLo back then and not have a PG problem. DLo does everything we need from a PG next to Julius.

Knicks fans and FO was too busy Star hunting when young up and coming stars were there for the taking.

Hopefully Leon Rose understands that a Star is born every year in the NBA so go out and find those guys instead of wishing on a star which never works out for our organization (Kyrie & KD)

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Thing is we ended up with nothing (Payton) and holding big time cash 15-18 million under the cap when we could have spent it on DLo back then and not have a PG problem. DLo does everything we need from a PG next to Julius.

Knicks fans and FO was too busy Star hunting when young up and coming stars were there for the taking.

Hopefully Leon Rose understands that a Star is born every year in the NBA so go out and find those guys instead of wishing on a star which never works out for our organization (Kyrie & KD)
    Agree. It was ridiculous that we weren’t really after him hard.

Every offseason, I’ve been baffled how we didn’t go after certain guys, that were there for the taking, and then watch them look good elsewhere. It just keeps repeating

And it’s funny to think we are “star hunting”, and don’t want a 22 year old allstar that fills our biggest hole
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-17-2021 at 12:09 PM.

I was totally against Randle for 5 years but ok with 3 year 3rd team option. Imagine we had this Randlle locked up on this contract for another 3 years. That would be sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I really wanted DLo too but my guess is he had no interest in coming here

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I really wanted DLo too but my guess is he had no interest in coming here

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I don’t believe that. Why wouldn’t he? He seemed to like Brooklyn just fine. He wouldn’t have taken a max deal to stay right here, and stick it to them?

Agree. It was ridiculous that we weren’t really after him hard.

Every offseason, I’ve been baffled how we didn’t go after certain guys, that were there for the taking, and then watch them look good elsewhere. It just keeps repeating

And it’s funny to think we are “star hunting”, and don’t want a 22 year old allstar that fills our biggest hole
    His name wasn't big enough for Knicks fans. Brainwashed by the media hype. Even though DLo had just had a season that was better than Kyrie's in Boston that year.

Knicks and Lakers are the only 2 organizations who do that but it works out for the Lakers. Although it's no way I'm trading Ingram and Hart because I don't want to give up Kuzma. Wish the Knicks could have gotten Ingram some how. He is a rising star.

Ball is not worth max. I’ve wanted him all along, but that’s crazy talk

Dallas would 100% match that, if they let him be a RFA
    I don’t know if Dallas would. They need to get a max type guy around Luka. I don’t think they want to get too cute giving role players sizeable contracts. If they don’t give Luka a legit Robin they are entering shaky territory.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast