Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 438
  1. #421
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    51,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    What are you saying here? The Nets traded Crabbe, #17, and a protected 2020 1st for Taurean Prince and a 2nd.

    And in doing so, they opened up enough cap space to sign both Kyrie and KD. This happened just before free agency started.

    The Brooklyn Nets make this trade 100 times out of 100. What are you tryinf to prove?
    read my post to Shady........I'm not disagreeing with that, and we are not discussing the Nets, we are discussing that the Knicks tried for over a year to move those two contracts, and failed.

    I'm sorry but that tells me Crabbe is better all around than Timmy since he did get traded, tells me people actually don't want our trash since we are a bottom feeder and Nets made the playoffs, or that not matter?

    Nets also got rid of 4 vet players on expirings , Dlo who made the allstar game and Crabbe and had Dinwidde on min contract at the time...........the nets played their cards better than anyone could have played their cards, congrats to them.

    Is that the discussion or the KP trade and why we gave up Timmy and Lee and the trade? Lets stick to facts, we seem to divert from it for some reason

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    no go back to history, LOL LOL lol..........Knicks said they would not include a pick to unload contracts they wanted to maintain their assets. What did the Nets do differently hence my post and facts.

    We are both stubborn lol but at least i bring in facts, just making statements is opinions and feelings that as fans we all have.
    Yeah they said that AFTER we already lost out on KD and Kyrie, and had to settle for low level free agents.

    You really think we wouldn’t use a 1st or two to trade away THJ and Courtney Lee if KD and Kyrie said they wanted to sign with us?! Lmao. C’mon Still, use your brain.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,928
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    no go back to history, LOL LOL lol..........Knicks said they would not include a pick to unload contracts they wanted to maintain their assets. What did the Nets do differently hence my post and facts.

    We are both stubborn lol but at least i bring in facts, just making statements is opinions and feelings that as fans we all have.
    Yes. They did operate differently. They made the move when they knew, not when they hoped.

    And technically, we did give up possible picks, or a good/better player, by making them eat the contracts. You have to give to get, right? They took that money on for free? You think we couldn’t have gotten more from Cuban if we say made them take only Lee, and asked for another pick, or maybe Brunson who we wanted. It’s crazy, and illogical to say making them take 2 bad deals didn’t hurt the return.

    We all know how tough it is to shed bad contracts. It’s strawman to say I didn’t bring facts in, or it’s not true. Years of seeing how the league works, how important cap is, and how trades go down are all the facts you need
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2021 at 11:17 AM.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    read my post to Shady........I'm not disagreeing with that, and we are not discussing the Nets, we are discussing that the Knicks tried for over a year to move those two contracts, and failed.

    I'm sorry but that tells me Crabbe is better all around than Timmy since he did get traded, tells me people actually don't want our trash since we are a bottom feeder and Nets made the playoffs, or that not matter?

    Nets also got rid of 4 vet players on expirings , Dlo who made the allstar game and Crabbe and had Dinwidde on min contract at the time...........the nets played their cards better than anyone could have played their cards, congrats to them.

    Is that the discussion or the KP trade and why we gave up Timmy and Lee and the trade? Lets stick to facts, we seem to divert from it for some reason
    Yes, highly coveted Allen Crabbe who isn’t even in the league anymore, meanwhile THJ is one of the better 6th men in the league.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    51,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    This.

    Again, this is not hard to understand. We were so convinced KD and Kyrie were coming that we used the KP trade to try to open up cap space. If we just focused on getting the best return for KP, and then waited to confirm KD/Kyrie were coming closer to FA (like the Nets did), then we could’ve opened up cap space later on in separate deals. Simple as that.
    You do realize Knicks would have had no chance, no conversations, nothing to even be rumored about with cap space and made the trade?

    And with who can you fill us all in? You know the three trade offers that were all rejected for KP prior to the season, so tell me who this trade bringing back all these assets were going to be with?


    Honestly i'll say this and i'm done, the trade stunk at the time, but let's not add things that are not true. The trade is not over and hopefully everything keeps going our way, who knows we may trade those picks and get a stud, the fat lady has not sung yet on the trade.

    I'm not sure why the posters even brought it up to be honest, its now ancient history i'll be more inclined to discuss when the fat lady does sing.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    You do realize Knicks would have had no chance, no conversations, nothing to even be rumored about with cap space and made the trade?

    And with who can you fill us all in? You know the three trade offers that were all rejected for KP prior to the season, so tell me who this trade bringing back all these assets were going to be with?


    Honestly i'll say this and i'm done, the trade stunk at the time, but let's not add things that are not true. The trade is not over and hopefully everything keeps going our way, who knows we may trade those picks and get a stud, the fat lady has not sung yet on the trade.

    I'm not sure why the posters even brought it up to be honest, its now ancient history i'll be more inclined to discuss when the fat lady does sing.
    Still, the Nets did the very thing that you’re claiming was impossible. They didn’t have enough cap space. They needed to find a team to take on one of their terrible contracts.

    And yet, when it came down to it, KD and Kyrie forced their way there and the Nets pretty easily made a deal to open up enough cap space to make it happen.

    The trade isn’t over, but even if we draft the next Lebron James with the Mavs pick in the 20s, that doesn’t mean it was the result of good process. It just means we got lucky. That’s what some of you have a lot of trouble understanding.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    51,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Yes, highly coveted Allen Crabbe who isn’t even in the league anymore, meanwhile THJ is one of the better 6th men in the league.
    Bubba you need to stop and do more homework my friend, Crabbe was an expiring, hopefully you understand that Atlanta wanted cap space and wanted to unload prince and then let Crabbe expire for cap space.

    How is one franchise trading and expiring the same as another freeing up cap for multi year contracted player making 18m and 13m?

    You do realize both contracts had 3 and 2 years left right? Crabbe was expiring, and aren't expirings a bit easier to move lol?

    Can we end this now please, it's meaningless unless you have more facts to throw at us?

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Bubba you need to stop and do more homework my friend, Crabbe was an expiring, hopefully you understand that Atlanta wanted cap space and wanted to unload prince and then let Crabbe expire for cap space.

    How is one franchise trading and expiring the same as another freeing up cap for multi year contracted player making 18m and 13m?

    You do realize both contracts had 3 and 2 years left right? Crabbe was expiring, and aren't expirings a bit easier to move lol?

    Can we end this now please, it's meaningless unless you have more facts to throw at us?
    Crabbe had a whole year left on his deal. It’s not like three weeks later when FA started he was off the books. Atlanta took on his deal for the next year, at $19M.

    No I don’t think Crabbe was easier to move than THJ, to get to your point. THJ was still a useful player on a not terrible contract.

    Courtney Lee was tougher, but only making $12M. I’m sure a 1st could have gotten him off the books.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    51,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Still, the Nets did the very thing that you’re claiming was impossible. They didn’t have enough cap space. They needed to find a team to take on one of their terrible contracts.

    And yet, when it came down to it, KD and Kyrie forced their way there and the Nets pretty easily made a deal to open up enough cap space to make it happen.

    The trade isn’t over, but even if we draft the next Lebron James with the Mavs pick in the 20s, that doesn’t mean it was the result of good process. It just means we got lucky. That’s what some of you have a lot of trouble understanding.
    good because i'm not arguing any of that and I remain to say posters for good or bad in both directions really need to stop because it means nothing for moving forward you can't change the past for good or bad.

    But i'm just stating some facts that seem to be missed in arguments that others chime in and say are when they aren't.

    And I'll repeat this and no one has answered my question in the trade thread. Pro and against KP, would anyone trade for him back for their two picks, Obi, and I think I posted if Mitch needed to be included because we can resign Noel behind KP?

    I'd love it, we stretch the court from the center position, have KP play backup at PF for Randle and start at Center and have either Mitch or Noel off the bench

    We can then give KD 12 min at PF and 20 min or more at center depending if it's Mitch or Noel. If it's mitch we can give KP around 20 or even 18 pending how the game and matchups go.

    Can Dallas get better than that? I'm not sure, would the Knicks take KP back, I doubt it, but I think he fits the roster and covers multiple glaring needs.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,002
    I think I agree with everyone lol.

    I think the trade didn’t end up hurting the Knicks.

    I think the structure of the trade was fine, but agree that they ultimately targeted the wrong player (DSJ) and could’ve gotten more or someone better had they not prioritized cap space. I don’t think they’d get more draft picks though because at the time that was pretty normal for a player like KP.

    I think KP has been disappointing in terms of expectations, but he’s still good and I’d gladly take him back on the Knicks.

    I think he would be an amazing fit with team right now, but I don’t think they’d have this team had they not traded him.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    listen we can bring back the KP thread and i was the front runner on saying at the time it was a good trade for the Knicks because KP and his brother made demands. Things leaked out later that didn't make KP the only bad one in this, Knicks FO had their hands in the cookie jar as well.


    That said i'd take KP back for Dallas two picks and Obi and if had to Detroit's 2nd. If you read the above what we will still have from the trade that would be fantastic.
    Nah
    Rather keep Obi a NYer who is not going to betray his hometown over KP who loves himself so much he can't get along with the best young player in this league. Dude is a pre-Madonna.

    Again no thanks to KP on the Knicks. It would be the equivalent of getting an ugly divorce then remarrying the same person from that ugly divorce. The resentment might get buried in the beginning but the minute things don't go well or according to plan all that resentment will unearth and destroy the locker room only to get a divorce again.

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,928
    I guess this is the game thread

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Facts. I don’t understand the resistance to this. It’s just common sense. It’s why there’s zero need to keep talking about it.
    Bubba and Shady the boards not too dynamic duo. Where one is the other is sure to follow with the shared enabling view points. You two think your Lennon and Mccartney but your more Mills and Perry.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Bubba and Shady the boards not too dynamic duo. Where one is the other is sure to follow with the shared enabling view points. You two think your Lennon and Mccartney but your more Mills and Perry.
    Except Shady and I disagree on plenty of things. We just don’t go running to Stuna when we lose an argument.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Bubba you need to stop and do more homework my friend, Crabbe was an expiring, hopefully you understand that Atlanta wanted cap space and wanted to unload prince and then let Crabbe expire for cap space.

    How is one franchise trading and expiring the same as another freeing up cap for multi year contracted player making 18m and 13m?

    You do realize both contracts had 3 and 2 years left right? Crabbe was expiring, and aren't expirings a bit easier to move lol?

    Can we end this now please, it's meaningless unless you have more facts to throw at us?
    Their opinions are facts, you cannot challenge their opinions cause their facts.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •