Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 438
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,993
    I didn't think KP wanted to be here and didn't think he was worth the max. So I was fine with the trade regardless. Just sad we took DSJ instead of another first

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Some fans like to, constantly complain about things that have already transpired for years if possible because I guess they like to play in their minds that they are " The most knowledgeable fan, if only they were the GM " and then let that bias everything for as long as people listen to them. I disagree with decisions but after a quick complaint move on. I wanted the Knicks to make more noise at the deadline, I have wanted the Knicks to draft other players, but to make those complaints my reason to post non stop is not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I understand all that. But if they don’t come to an agreement, he’s UFA after the year. Who says a guy definitely wants to stay where he is? Or that the team pays what he wants? Once it goes into the last year with the situation not settled, the team lost leverage

    In this case, if they take the option, he’s not a FA but is UFA the year after, and is RFA right now if they decline, right?
    Also applies to the Knicks and KP when he demanded a trade back in the day.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    I swear this is my last post on the subject (in this thread and today anyway). Your assumption of a better deal (which you call reality) aside, you ignore the creation of the cap space that has everything to do with this season's upswing and flexibility and assets going forward. As well as not having the millstone of KP's max contract round our necks. To claim all we got was DSJ and two "late" firsts (we'll see) is disingenuous at best.
    That is quite literally all we got. Oh and excuse me, Wes Matthews and Deandre Jordan.

    You want to talk about cap space? We signed Randle for less than $20M. Do you want to know how much cap space we would have had if we just kept THJ and Courtney Lee? A lot more than $20M.

    What did we actually use the cap space on from trading THJ and Courtney Lee away? Marcus Morris, Bobby Portis, Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton, Reggie Bullock.

    We didn’t need the additional cap space. And if we needed more, we could have moved Lee and THJ in a separate deal, like a smart front office would have done.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,928
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Been saying luka is overrated
    Dude didn’t shoot a ton. But he still had 22 points, 19 assists, and 8 rebounds. That’s overrated?

    How often do you see a 20/20 game. He’s a beast. Top 5 in the league

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Some fans like to, constantly complain about things that have already transpired for years if possible because I guess they like to play in their minds that they are " The most knowledgeable fan, if only they were the GM " and then let that bias everything for as long as people listen to them. I disagree with decisions but after a quick complaint move on. I wanted the Knicks to make more noise at the deadline, I have wanted the Knicks to draft other players, but to make those complaints my reason to post non stop is not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    That is quite literally all we got. Oh and excuse me, Wes Matthews and Deandre Jordan.

    You want to talk about cap space? We signed Randle for less than $20M. Do you want to know how much cap space we would have had if we just kept THJ and Courtney Lee? A lot more than $20M.

    What did we actually use the cap space on from trading THJ and Courtney Lee away? Marcus Morris, Bobby Portis, Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton, Reggie Bullock.

    We didn’t need the additional cap space. And if we needed more, we could have moved Lee and THJ in a separate deal, like a smart front office would have done.
    Smart front office like you run in your imagination. If only the teams owner read your posts and hired you. Then everyone would know the depth of your basketball knowledge. Revising and editing past events are not facts. It's just your imagination. It's just safety rewriting history which can't be disproven cause it's all safely conjecture. So when you do this you can always claim to be right and everyone is wrong.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-17-2021 at 10:02 PM.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,928
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Dude didn’t shoot a ton. But he still had 22 points, 19 assists, and 8 rebounds. That’s overrated?

    How often do you see a 20/20 game. He’s a beast. Top 5 in the league
    What about defense luka just bkuz he's overrated don't mean he's not great but id take kawhi over him all day **** id take Randle over luka too

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,557
    Watching the Warriors Celtics game and Van Gundy was just raving about Julius Randle and his improvement, said he should be in the mvp consideration, and said hes clearly the most improved player this year.

    Good to see a Knick getting talked up for once on national tv.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    56,515
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Watching the Warriors Celtics game and Van Gundy was just raving about Julius Randle and his improvement, said he should be in the mvp consideration, and said hes clearly the most improved player this year.

    Good to see a Knick getting talked up for once on national tv.
    He told Breen to start the MVP chants while broadcasting tomorrow’s Pel game lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Smart front office like you run in your imagination. If only the teams owner read your posts and hired you. Then everyone would know the depth of your basketball knowledge. Revising and editing past events are not facts. It's just your imagination. It's just safety rewriting history which can't be disproven cause it's all safely conjecture. So when you do this you can always claim to be right and everyone is wrong.
    If you could kindly point out what I was wrong about or maybe just keep to yourself, that would be great.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Some fans like to, constantly complain about things that have already transpired for years if possible because I guess they like to play in their minds that they are " The most knowledgeable fan, if only they were the GM " and then let that bias everything for as long as people listen to them. I disagree with decisions but after a quick complaint move on. I wanted the Knicks to make more noise at the deadline, I have wanted the Knicks to draft other players, but to make those complaints my reason to post non stop is not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Watching the Warriors Celtics game and Van Gundy was just raving about Julius Randle and his improvement, said he should be in the mvp consideration, and said hes clearly the most improved player this year.

    Good to see a Knick getting talked up for once on national tv.
    Great to see. Let them talk up Julius and RJ. Let them talk up IQ and our cap space and picks in future drafts. Let KL take note. Leonard can come to a team with two supporting young stars and Mitch, IQ and veterans like Burke, Rose, and a youngster like Obi and first rounders galore. Come on down KL.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-17-2021 at 10:29 PM.

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,928
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Watching the Warriors Celtics game and Van Gundy was just raving about Julius Randle and his improvement, said he should be in the mvp consideration, and said hes clearly the most improved player this year.

    Good to see a Knick getting talked up for once on national tv.
    if we finish top 4 he definitely should especially if we end up 10 games over .500

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Richard Jefferson sucks!!

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,928
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    What about defense luka just bkuz he's overrated don't mean he's not great but id take kawhi over him all day **** id take Randle over luka too
    Kawhi, ok. Randle, no way

    Dude is only 3rd year. He’s among the top handful of players in the league, already made first team all-pro. He’s rated exactly where he should be

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    If you could kindly point out what I was wrong about or maybe just keep to yourself, that would be great.
    It's a deal when you stop going off on your vendetta posts of what you know the team could have done in the past better and confuses your opinions as facts. Like when you do about what the Knicks could have traded so and so for cap space years ago. Like I said when playing alternative history your always right in your view, and that is all that matters to you as well as riding intoa discussion on a dead horse ! No one gets more use out of dead horse then you. I know your going to respond with " You can't dictate what I post about '" but judging from this past conversation I am not the only one who identifies the common themes of your posts, which are complaining for no other purpose but to complain and make you feel like the ultimate authority. That's cool. I even see you setting up the foundation for complaining next year on an other thread. On an other thread your already going to say who the Knicks should draft and watch if they are not drafted ( which more then likely they won't ) you will spend a season saying " I knew they should have drafted so and so. Yep, it's rinse and repeat for you. Predictable, Knicks Forum ground hog day.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-18-2021 at 08:51 AM.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,223
    Whatever homer medical Marijuana you guys are smoking, pass it along.

    You can't compare What Luka has done with Randle. Luka has produced at an all time high coming into the league. Randle is starting to reach that level, but doesn't play at that level consistently.

    If you ask me, since Luka came into the league, Randle has expanded his game to be more Luka-like.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •