Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    After filtering out garbage time the Grizzlies have a +2 offense relative to league average with JV on the court, and a -2 team offense with him off the court, which...sounds about right. I think you guys are mistaking having a positive impact for being an all star or above league average player. His offense is floor raising sure, but the way he generates value on offense doesn't scale very well in a playoff context. To me that screams league average starter.

https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy-combos...,High,VeryHigh

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    After filtering out garbage time the Grizzlies have a +2 offense relative to league average with JV on the court, and a -2 team offense with him off the court, which...sounds about right. I think you guys are mistaking having a positive impact for being an all star or above league average player. His offense is floor raising sure, but the way he generates value on offense doesn't scale very well in a playoff context. To me that screams league average starter.

https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy-combos...,High,VeryHigh
    Who said all star? You said replacement level and that is what weíre debating. Care to define that?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Dang, JV's win shares and estimated wins added are both leading the team by a wide margin.

Surprising to me but I don't watch him or the Grizzlies.
    I literally watch any team. Fantasy leagues got me to watching even bottom feeders. Maybe I have sickness I dunno lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I literally watch any team. Fantasy leagues got me to watching even bottom feeders. Maybe I have sickness I dunno lol
    All you would have to do was watch both your favorite teams to achieve that.

LOL complete joke, don't come for my neck!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    All you would have to do was watch both your favorite teams to achieve that.

LOL complete joke, don't come for my neck!
    Lol all good. It hasnít been my year man. I knew before the season even started both my teams were gonna reset this year.. especially with how Harden wasnít showing up for training camp. It started off as ugly as itís ending. Iím just looking forward to the post season and draft.

I havenít watched Val this year, but he always just seemed like a big body who sometimes couldnít even be on the floor against Lebron led teams because he was just to slow. Drummond always seemed like he was more of a problem for the league to deal with than Val. Val never seemed like a difference maker to me at all, where as Drummond always seemed like a fringe Allstar player. 100% eye test here no looking into any stats, just my outside looking in reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I havenít watched Val this year, but he always just seemed like a big body who sometimes couldnít even be on the floor against Lebron led teams because he was just to slow. Drummond always seemed like he was more of a problem for the league to deal with than Val. Val never seemed like a difference maker to me at all, where as Drummond always seemed like a fringe Allstar player. 100% eye test here no looking into any stats, just my outside looking in reaction.
    You donít watch Val but based on the eye test you donít like him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You donít watch Val but based on the eye test you donít like him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíve only watched him in series against Lebron, while on Toronto and heís been a weak link and unplayable several times in those series so...

I donít know, but I like my players to be playable

I like Demar Derozen because in the same amount of time he proved he could ball out

Val was a liability more often than he was a force against a Lebron lead team...sorry if this hurts you...
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 04-18-2021 at 07:20 PM.

How come we always go with these empty stat arguments? Does drum only get his stats the final minute of the game when they are down by 20 or something?

Iíve only watched him in series against Lebron, while on Toronto and heís been a weak link and unplayable several times in those series so...

I donít know, but I like my players to be playable

I like Demar Derozen because in the same amount of time he proved he could ball out

Val was a liability more often than he was a force against a Lebron lead team...sorry if this hurts you...
    JV was just entering the league those times while Derozan was entering his prime. Also Demar was terrible in those seriesí

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    JV was just entering the league those times while Derozan was entering his prime. Also Demar was terrible in those seriesí
    Derozen balled out a lot in those series. He was better than anyone else on the squad and was unguardable at times. His midrange was awesome. Nobody did more in those series for Toronto than him. He got outplayed by Lebron but who doesnít

Derozen balled out a lot in those series. He was better than anyone else on the squad and was unguardable at times. His midrange was awesome. Nobody did more in those series for Toronto than him. He got outplayed by Lebron but who doesnít
    No he really didnít. Go back and check the numbers. Iím a Raptors fan I think I remember our players getting spanked and Derozan shrinking in the post season. I would love to agree with you here but I donít sugar coat anything even if it benefits the perception of our team and players at the time. Derozans biggest criticism was that he shrinks in the post season and didnít play any defence. For me to say other wise would be a flat out lie.

And again Jonas was a baby back then. Your sample size of seeing him play doesnít reflect what he is today as a player. He was still developing in those years youíre talking about. He wasnít nearly in his prime. Heís just entering his prime now. Allís Iím saying is that big men take a few years to develop and to only consider his development years to judge him as a player is just a little weird. Why not look at who he is now as a player? Also he was never bad in those playoffs series, coach Casey just had him on a very short leash.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 04-19-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Valanciunas is the easy choice here.

Drummond is one of the worst centers in the league. I heard he has a small dick too.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Bruh ^ why LOL you're hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Valanciunas is the easy choice here.

Drummond is one of the worst centers in the league. I heard he has a small dick too.
    lolz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast