Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Big contracts slow down the bat for some reason.
    Thatís why I prefer spending money on pitching. more often than not, hitters who get big contracts have off years soon after .

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Ugly? It's approaching Fugly!

What does it mean when a team meeting is called, Boone yells at the troops and they still come out flat? Is it possible he's lost the clubhouse this early in the season? Has the person brought in to communicate with the "young" guns lost the ability?

Or....are they all not listening because they have no respect for him and his ability to lead?

Something is clearly not right in the Yankee clubhouse. This team is NOT this bad. Maybe Gardy needs to speak up.
    How do you expect them to care when they know that no matter how bad they do they will still be in the line up ? I know I wouldnít , especially if I was getting paid millions a season

Ugly? It's approaching Fugly!

What does it mean when a team meeting is called, Boone yells at the troops and they still come out flat? Is it possible he's lost the clubhouse this early in the season? Has the person brought in to communicate with the "young" guns lost the ability?

Or....are they all not listening because they have no respect for him and his ability to lead?

Something is clearly not right in the Yankee clubhouse. This team is NOT this bad. Maybe Gardy needs to speak up.
    I completely agree, what does it say about Boone's leadership when he calls a team meeting and we come out and play like that? Sanchez, who's been one of the bigger contributors this yr already had a decent game going until he got hurt but everyone else came out pretty flat again.

Monty was pretty good early going but it has to be frustrating to be getting 0runs support and the added pressure to be that much better because you know your probably not getting any help

I think its quite possible that Boone has lost the clubhouse or else something else is going on big time behind the scenes. I don't think Boone has ever faced adversity like this in his coaching career, he's had it pretty easy atleast in the regular season. I wouldn't be surprised if you start hearing or reading articles about if its time to move on from Boone or not.

If i'm Boone i'm praying to the baseball gods like never before that Cole has a monster game tomorrow and they win. I think if they loose again tomorrow, especially if Cole pitches well, I think thats when things start to get really ugly.

Yes it early, yes were less than 10% of the way into the season so there is plenty of time to turn things around. Some guys take longer to get started ect. All of that is true but there is something going on with this team that far bigger than just a slow start or a couple key guys not doing well. The entire lineup just looks like they don't want to be there or even playing. Zero energy, or excitement its like all the chemistry this team has had over the last few yrs is gone..

Stanton is hitting .167 and he's been our most productive offensive player.... really after you realize that what else is there left to say about how bad its been

I donít think Boone has ever really had the clubhouse since he was hired . I think they walked all over him from day one . With that being said I am not worried yet . They will turn it around and do well

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I completely agree, what does it say about Boone's leadership when he calls a team meeting and we come out and play like that? Sanchez, who's been one of the bigger contributors this yr already had a decent game going until he got hurt but everyone else came out pretty flat again.

Monty was pretty good early going but it has to be frustrating to be getting 0runs support and the added pressure to be that much better because you know your probably not getting any help

I think its quite possible that Boone has lost the clubhouse or else something else is going on big time behind the scenes. I don't think Boone has ever faced adversity like this in his coaching career, he's had it pretty easy atleast in the regular season. I wouldn't be surprised if you start hearing or reading articles about if its time to move on from Boone or not.

If i'm Boone i'm praying to the baseball gods like never before that Cole has a monster game tomorrow and they win. I think if they loose again tomorrow, especially if Cole pitches well, I think thats when things start to get really ugly.

Yes it early, yes were less than 10% of the way into the season so there is plenty of time to turn things around. Some guys take longer to get started ect. All of that is true but there is something going on with this team that far bigger than just a slow start or a couple key guys not doing well. The entire lineup just looks like they don't want to be there or even playing. Zero energy, or excitement its like all the chemistry this team has had over the last few yrs is gone..

Stanton is hitting .167 and he's been our most productive offensive player.... really after you realize that what else is there left to say about how bad its been
    They will get hot and everyone will be happy.
    The issue is that Boone has no idea what to do when they are playing like this But because the teams stats will catch up with then, Boone is safe for the foreseeable future.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    They will get hot and everyone will be happy.
    The issue is that Boone has no idea what to do when they are playing like this But because the teams stats will catch up with then, Boone is safe for the foreseeable future.
    In hicks case his stats say he will still hit below .250 and hit less than 20 hrs ......

I think Torres , judge , voit and maybe dj will be the ones carrying the offense for most of this season .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-17-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Judging by body language, idk man, the team looks terrible, alarmingly so. They looked nothing different than the last game after Boones antics. That, is very not good.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Judging by body language, idk man, the team looks terrible, alarmingly so. They looked nothing different than the last game after Boones antics. That, is very not good.
    I agree, there is something going on in that clubhouse. There has to be something going on internally to be effecting this team this much.

Boone getting " mad" obviously had no impact, so whats next? how long can a team that has this much talent play this badly? So does Cashman have to get mad and yell at this group to have an effect?

Its like the players have bought into all the anals projections and forgot that the games aren't played on paper. at this point this team would have to get better to be bad ...unbearably boring to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I donít think Boone has ever really had the clubhouse since he was hired . I think they walked all over him from day one . With that being said I am not worried yet . They will turn it around and do well
    You mean the same guy who had them one win away from a WS? That guy?

I do think he has some issues at the moment. I think there may be unrest in the clubhouse. That may not have always been the case....the honeymoon is over.

Wow I canít believe how bad the offense is today . Monty wasnít that bad today . Btw why was Sanchez pulled today after less than 3 at bats ?
    Now that the Cubs scored 13 runs today, almost triple their previous high (of just 5 runs), the Yanks are now challeging those Cubs for the worst offense in MLB.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    In hicks case his stats say he will still hit below .250 and hit less than 20 hrs ......

I think Torres , judge , voit and maybe dj will be the ones carrying the offense for most of this season .
    So, Hicks can't get hot?

I meant the team as a whole, genius

Ignorance is bliss

You mean the same guy who had them one win away from a WS? That guy?

I do think he has some issues at the moment. I think there may be unrest in the clubhouse. That may not have always been the case....the honeymoon is over.
    Yankees were never one win away from the ws under Boone, they lost the alcs in 6 in 2019 , 2018 they were destroyed by the Red Sox in the first round inn4 games , same series where Boone and his coaches couldnít find sevy just hours before game 2 . And last season they lost in 5 to Tampa in the alds . It was girardi that brought them within one win of the World Series in 2017 . And he got fired after that ...

The Yankees won over 100 games in 2019 despite Boone because the offense would always bail him out after making questionable bullpen moves . I mean no matter what line up was put out that year, that team would hit atleast 1 or 2 hrs a game most of the time . No matter what player they used , hit atleast 10hrs that season
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-17-2021 at 08:05 PM.

My bad I was thinking Girardi not Boone as I wrote that. I'm old LOL

You are correct, they did win 100 games and lost to Astros 4-2. A very good effort but they were not quite there. This is essentially the same team + or - a few pieces. I think they will be just fine.
    Last edited by drt1010; 04-17-2021 at 08:12 PM.

My bad I was thinking Girardi not Boone as I wrote that. I'm old LOL

You are correct, they did win 100 games and lost to Astros 4-2. A very good effort but they were not quite there. This is essentially the same team + or - a few pieces. I think they will be just fine.
    I Agree they will be fine . But they are - a few pieces that they had in 19 .

Aside from Didi and EE (DH 44 games) the starters are essentially the same.

The pitching staff has seen the majority of change. Time will tell if it's a net + or -. I would have liked to see Tanaka return, but that is about it. Betances, Ottovino.....meh. CC's arm was about to fall off. Paxton, Happ? again meh. I wish them well.

Did I miss anyone?

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast