Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    The Yankees entered this game 23rd in the majors in on-base percentage, 24th in runs, 25th in total bases and 28th in OPS, and they responded with a grand total of two runs on three hits in the 4-2 defeat. “When we get a pitch to hammer,” Boone said, “you’ve got to take advantage of it. … And we’re not doing that enough right now.”

Worse yet, the Yankees’ amateur-hour play in the outfield did nothing to support the idea that Boone’s team was mentally prepared to compete at the highest level. Hicks, the expert golfer, committed a double bogey on one play and a bogey on another, costing his starting pitcher, while Clint Frazier once inexplicably threw the ball to Cole instead of to second base. That’s why most of the 10,606 fans in the stands booed loudly after the final out was made. They weren’t just unhappy with the loss, but with the way the home team carried itself during the loss.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/18/aaron-...-yankees-mess/
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Wow, that was a fast 1st inning, 20 pitches(8 by Cole, 12 by Kittredge) in about 12 minutes. Looks like this could be a 2-hour, complete game by both pitchers, very low-scoring game.

Based on ONE inning? LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    the offense will pick up once the weather gets hotter, it happens every year, now they are pressing cause our pitchers arent that dominant and plus the cold weather. it will fall in place

Last time Yanks started this poorly, they finished 30 games over 500. Some of you need to take a deep breath and relax. Let the season play out.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    This may sound unreasonable but Cole needs to take some heat today if they lose. Yes he’s been great but there are times when your 300 million dollar man needs to step up and have a signature immortal moment. That was today, Stanton’s home run should have stuck. Needed an A+ performance today and he came up short.

That's more than unreasonable. It's ridiculous.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    That’s game. Gotta fire Boone after the game.

LOL Can you people just stop with your nonsense? Boone isn't being fired.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    so he almost gave up a home run to zunino that went 10 feet foul you are trollin..

Now we're blaming pitchers for giving up foul balls. What's next? Get a grip.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rog09 View Post
    Did I see Stanton was 0 for 4, with three whiffs..? Did he get his *** booed off?

No you didn't. You made that up. Stanton was 1 - 3 with a home run.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I said they would lose 4-3

Called it again, I know the score was 4-2 but......

LOL. Why do you always think you're right even when you're wrong? Too funny.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    This lineup combined with the YES broadcast has got to be the most boring baseball i’ve ever experienced. It’s almost unwatchable.

Game wasn't on YES, but what's wrong with their broadcast And no one forces you to watch if you don't like it.
    Last edited by YANKSGUY; 04-19-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Does Judge not learn as he goes? He struck out all 3 times on the very same pitch which was low and off the plate. How about a little patience at the plate?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The thing is its not about how many marquee names you have on the roster, its about where the money is spent. The Yankees have an excellent 3rd baseman in Urshela. Thy don't need Machado unless they were going to move him to SS. Same with a guy like JD Martinez. They have Voit who led MLB in homers last year.

The Yankee's problems come from not identifying their weaknesses particularly well. You could make a case they could have made additions to the lineup but their offense is good enough to win a WS. What has hurt them is their lack of SP and their inability to produce in high leverage spots. The bullpen struggled with that, specifically Chapman, the last couple of years as well.

Cashman's biggest problem imo has been his inability to build a WS caliber rotation. You can't just invest in Gerrit Cole and call it a day. It's not enough because Kluber is old, Taillon is injury prone, Severino is coming off a major injury. There are some good young arms there but not established ones.

The Dodgers won a WS and what did they do? Add the NL Cy Young winner from last year and put David Price in their bullpen.
    I am well aware of the Yankees' multitude weaknesses.

The point was that Cashman continuously shies away from marquee talent and thinks that he, the illustrious Brian Cashman, along with his merry band of data-miners, are going to shine gold out of excrement and defy what 29 other executive teams, all of similar training and proficiency, avoid.

Paxton was an injury question mark from Day 1 as he had never thrown over 170 IP in a single season. Cashman's media spin at the time was that they were going to tweak his workout routine to circumvent this repeated weakness with increased durability through physical fitness.

Pineda was another injury concern who's lack of pitch versatility and questionable mechanics (most notably his arm angle were huge red flags from the outset. Only reason Cashman got away with that one was because Montero was even worse.

Kluber was two years removed from any semblance of quality with a major injury history.

Taillon is a never-was who never panned out to his perceived ceiling.

This is but a fragment of Brian Cashman's long and humiliating resume of absolute horror-show to mediocrity level market engagement that, when called to fulfill their perceived role, played exactly to their market value.

I can post the list yet again if you wish.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Yankees wRC+ last 10 days:

236 Kyle Higashioka (11 PA)
    147 DJ LeMahieu (34)
    100 Gio Urshela (31)
    96 Aaron Judge (33)
    82 Gary Sanchez (25)
    67 Aaron Hicks (32)
    57 Gleyber Torres (33)
    50 Brett Gardner (18)
    45 Giancarlo Stanton (32)
    27 Rougned Odor (16)
    -45 Clint Frazier (16)

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Yankees wRC+ last 10 days:

236 Kyle Higashioka (11 PA)
    147 DJ LeMahieu (34)
    100 Gio Urshela (31)
    96 Aaron Judge (33)
    82 Gary Sanchez (25)
    67 Aaron Hicks (32)
    57 Gleyber Torres (33)
    50 Brett Gardner (18)
    45 Giancarlo Stanton (32)
    27 Rougned Odor (16)
    -45 Clint Frazier (16)

They are doing great as a team if it was golf.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    They are doing great as a team if it was golf.
    Sadly, tmml.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Disregard.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 04-19-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast