Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Gio should bat higher.

I think Gary has been a pleasant surprise. . His at bats, body language and defense have been much better. I like him at 5.
    Pleasant surprise are you sure ? Sanchez is hitting about 20 points lower than judge is right now . Is he doing better ? Yes but he has not been a pleasant surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah is not a very well assembled team and on top of that they are trying turn certain players into what they are not . Hicks a contact good obp hitter that walks a lot into an Everyday power hitter , Torres who was more of a contact hitter into another homerun hitter swinging out of his shoes , Frazier who was more known for speed into a power hitter swinging at everything , and then there is all the on field shuffling in a bad attempt at trying to solidify the defense . And don’t get me started on bringing a guy like odor in . It seems to me cashman and co want 9 power hitters hitting home runs all year .
    Gleyber is drinking his own kool aid, he ran into some in 19 and thinks he's a hr hitter now. He swung out of his shoes in the 9th with 2 strikes...

They should at least see what they have in Gittens. Get DJ back to 2nd and Odor on the bench.

Gleyber is drinking his own kool aid, he ran into some in 19 and thinks he's a hr hitter now. He swung out of his shoes in the 9th with 2 strikes...

They should at least see what they have in Gittens. Get DJ back to 2nd and Odor on the bench.
    Torres is drinking his own koolaud because the coaches and front office are trying to turn him into something he is not . He is only trying to do what the coaches want. Gittens should have been on the roster over Bruce since opening day imo

Pleasant surprise are you sure ? Sanchez is hitting about 20 points lower than judge is right now . Is he doing better ? Yes but he has not been a pleasant surprise
    Yeah, I mean, he's still not the good Gary but his at bats have looked much better more consistently and his D is noticeably better. We'll see where it goes but it's been a good start...

Yeah, I mean, he's still not the good Gary but his at bats have looked much better more consistently and his D is noticeably better. We'll see where it goes but it's been a good start...
    That being said and all , I still am not convinced it would be a great idea to extend him beyond next season

I think they are really missing Voit right now..

Overall I think this is a clubhouse problem or a lack or leadership problem. They obviously dont respect Boone much if he got "mad and yelled" and the last 2 games are the results?

This group of players is way to talented to be playing this badly for this long if there wasn't something going on with the team. DJ, Judge and Gardner, who are supposed to be our veteran leadership obviously aren't doing there jobs either.

They might have to fire or trade someone to shake this team up. Something needs to happen to bond and rally this team together. Obviously the idea of just winning isn't motivation enough.

They struggled with leadership and playing flat last yr also and it was written off because of the messed up season. Has this team really played with fire since CC left?

If i'm Hal i'm looking around to see what coaches might be available.... Hell i'd gladly take Beltran at this point

Torres is drinking his own koolaud because the coaches and front office are trying to turn him into something he is not . He is only trying to do what the coaches want. Gittens should have been on the roster over Bruce since opening day imo
    . I would think they would rather have him as high avg guy considering all the other power guys but Idk man, with some of their decisions I wouldn't be surprised... one things for sure, they haven't been trying to make him into a good situational hitter...

That being said and all , I still am not convinced it would be a great idea to extend him beyond next season
    If he looks good at the plate all year, then absolutely. It won't be a big contract cuz of the last few years. Give him 3 years and work in Austin.

. I would think they would rather have him as high avg guy considering all the other power guys but Idk man, with some of their decisions I wouldn't be surprised... one things for sure, they haven't been trying to make him into a good situational hitter...
    I honestly don’t think they care if they get good batting averages as long as they get power . I mean the fact that they are still with Sanchez , proves that . They care more about launch Angles , and exit velocity that the balls are hit with , than getting in base through walks or base hits .

If he looks good at the plate all year, then absolutely. It won't be a big contract cuz of the last few years. Give him 3 years and work in Austin.
    He will likely ask for atleast 4 years since that’s the going rate for catchers these days . And I still wouldn’t resign him . What do you think will happen once he gets his big contract ? He will have nothing to play hard for after that since he already got his money .

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I think they are really missing Voit right now..

Overall I think this is a clubhouse problem or a lack or leadership problem. They obviously dont respect Boone much if he got "mad and yelled" and the last 2 games are the results?

This group of players is way to talented to be playing this badly for this long if there wasn't something going on with the team. DJ, Judge and Gardner, who are supposed to be our veteran leadership obviously aren't doing there jobs either.

They might have to fire or trade someone to shake this team up. Something needs to happen to bond and rally this team together. Obviously the idea of just winning isn't motivation enough.

They struggled with leadership and playing flat last yr also and it was written off because of the messed up season. Has this team really played with fire since CC left?

If i'm Hal i'm looking around to see what coaches might be available.... Hell i'd gladly take Beltran at this point
    Totally agree on Voit, would like to see gittens.

I think Thames goes first if anything...

I agree he has been a pleasant surprise. He hasn't been a K Machine this yr, He's shown some ability to shorten up and go the other way and he's been doing a good job drawing walks.

The defense has absolutely been noticeably improved, he's actually doing a good job moving his body and blocking balls in the dirt. His receiving and framing has been whats really shown improvement and the arm has always been strong. He's been atleast good enough defensively he's not a negative. A GG he will never be but he atleast look league average defensively

He's already been worth a whole win more than he was last yr

Hell no don't extend him. I would hope he has a solid season to rebuild value and as soon as they can get something of value back, trade him.

Unless he turn into vintage Gary at the plate he way to similar of a hitter to what they already have in the lineup. Get something for him and move on after the yr.

They said there will be major changes if they don't win it this year, so....
    While I truly wish that that were the case, nothing will change.

Hal and Brian will continue to blow massive amounts of hot air with proclamations about utilizing every resource to get better, all-the-while dumpster diving for cost effective ‘appear-to-be-active and ‘pretend-to-contend’ piddling moves as a placebo to the base to keep the brand money flowing.

Hal will even talk the big talk in softball framed interviews about getting mad and throwing stuff at the TV in order to appear to find conflated common ground with the average joe.

And the Cashmanites will continue to blindly defend their boy with florid flourished of fealty to their wunderkind who has been on the job for 24 seasons with exactly one championship to lay claim to.

As the world turns.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

He will likely ask for atleast 4 years since that’s the going rate for catchers these days . And I still wouldn’t resign him . What do you think will happen once he gets his big contract ? He will have nothing to play hard for after that since he already got his money .
    I don't think that's the case with Gary. Read a good article about him and management a little while back. Gary's problem was he was always doing what was asked, never really putting his 2 cents in when he didnt agree with something. You can tell confidence is everything with him. They all sat down, Boone, Blake, Thames and Cash and hashed some things out. Blake said his relationship with Gary has been much better since. Seems like he's in a better place mentally and wouldn't be surprised if he has a good year ...

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    While I truly wish that that were the case, nothing will change.

Hal and Brian will continue to blow massive amounts of hot air with proclamations about utilizing every resource to get better, all-the-while dumpster diving for cost effective ‘appear-to-be-active and ‘pretend-to-contend’ piddling moves as a placebo to the base to keep the brand money flowing.

Hal will even talk the big talk in softball framed interviews about getting mad and throwing stuff at the TV in order to appear to find conflated common ground with the average joe.

And the Cashmanites will continue to blindly defend their boy with florid flourished of fealty to their wunderkind who has been on the job for 24 seasons with exactly one championship to lay claim to.

As the world turns.
    The cashmanites are really dug into their defense of cashman . I mean explain to me how people can trash Boone on a daily basis and blame Hal and the anal team but defend the guy who put that roster together over the last 5 years , who put that anal team in place and who brought in Boone .
    And yes while cashman can lay claim to that championship it was mainly because he had free agency to bail him out of the mistakes he made the previous 4 seasons .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-18-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast