Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Cashman has changed from building title teams to profitable ones. That's what I see. As long as the team makes money, he's safe. To do that they need the playoffs or to be close. As long as that is accomplished he will be the GM.

Yankees fans are effectively held hostage by him and him alone. That is why I respectfully disagree with the idea of promoting or "adjusting" his position. As long as he has a say, he is trouble.
    I don't disagree, but who is directing that edict and change in direction? Could it be ownership?

Did George (for all his faults) but profit above success? Not a chance. Winning is all that mattered and profit would surely follow. A philosophy he lived.

I don't hear a cry for ownership to sell.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I don't disagree, but who is directing that edict and change in direction? Could it be ownership?

Did George (for all his faults) but profit above success? Not a chance. Winning is all that mattered and profit would surely follow. A philosophy he lived.

I don't hear a cry for ownership to sell.
    There is no cry for ownership to sell because everyone knows that is not happening anytime soon . Best we can hope for is cashman to be fired and replaced with a more flexible GM . And that isn’t even likely .

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Jay Bruce is 4 for 34. Looks like DJL will be playing 1B for now. Mike Tauchman is taking early work at 1B again today and Mike Ford is eligible to return on Tuesday. It appears Bruce’s days are numbered. And Odor might not have far to go either.

- Sweeny

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I can't imagine they won't bring Ford up form the Braves series. That SHOULD be the end of Bruce and Odor. We shall see.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    But not Ford?????

Ford isn't eligible to be brought back up yet.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    how you know? if the yanks don't score they could lose tomorrow game 2-1 or 1-0

You expect him to know that? He thinks Cole will go 30 - 0.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    The only way they lose with cole starting is if they get shutout , and they won’t get shut out tomorrow . Don’t you remember what I said before cole’s last start ?

I remember what you said before every series and you haven't been right yet.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    How does a successful team build from within? Losers get highest draft picks, winners don't. Successful teams must trade and use free agency. Yankees missed the postseason only once between 1995 and 2012.

Prior to Cashman, Stick was the longest tenured GM, holding the position from 1990-95. Most others served one to two year stints and were gone. Stick deserves credit for the early championship run (mostly for protecting Jete and Mo from Georges wrath while convincing him building the core was the road to success...don't mess with it. ) , but Cashman had a hand in it as well. Cashman was lucky in some respect, George was pulling back a bit during his initial years. as the GM.

"....he never built a title team without free agency to bail him out" Didn't I once warn you about speaking in absolutes? They have a nasty way of coming back to bite you in the butt!

Cashman does deserve some credit for the Yankees postseason success, some smart trades NOT free agent signings instrumental to that success:

David Wells, Graeme Lloyd for Roger Clemens (1999)

Ricky Ledee for David Justice (2000)

Alfonso Soriano, Joaquin Arias for Alex Rodriguez (2004)

C.J. Henry for Bobby Abreu (2006)

Wilson Betemit for Nick Swisher (2009) Also signed CC , Teixeira and A.J. Burnett

..and who can forget Shane Greene for Didi Gregorius (2015)

I absolutely hate playing a Cashman apologist / defender. But certain erroneous assumption need clarity and /or correction.
    No comment Jorge? I am surprised you seem to respond to every post whether directed to you or not. I reposted just in case you missed this one.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I hope we finish in last to get better draft picks...

And maybe Boone gets canned.

As well as Cashbox.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. You're a terrible fan. TERRIBLE!!! You want your so called favorite team to finish last. That's insane.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

This where King George rallied the troops. Problem was they played good for 10 games after George hollered at them but you can’t shine turds and the obvious returned.

This team is going to be fine folks.

All teams have 5-9 stretches during a 162 game season...We just happened to get it now.

But that would ruin your season. You want them to finish last.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

If I was the GM Sanchez would be at the alternate site to rot.

Higgy is the Yankees true catcher. Send that stiff packing! The man is always hurt.

If you were the GM, I'd seriously consider jumping ship. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Well I just read this is Jay Bruce's last game as a major league ball player,he's retiring after today's game

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Well I just read this is Jay Bruce's last game as a major league ball player,he's retiring after today's game
    If that doesn't get Ford brought up for Yanks' next game, nothing will. Thank goodness Bruce finally seeing writing on the wall, a bit late, but bettef late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    With that bat speed he should have never been on the 26 man roster
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Just for those that do watch the games, game on Pix 11 today, not YES.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree, there is something going on in that clubhouse. There has to be something going on internally to be effecting this team this much.

Boone getting " mad" obviously had no impact, so whats next? how long can a team that has this much talent play this badly? So does Cashman have to get mad and yell at this group to have an effect?

Its like the players have bought into all the anals projections and forgot that the games aren't played on paper. at this point this team would have to get better to be bad ...unbearably boring to watch
    They didnt look good last year either, so it seems like this is a continuation. Whatever the coaching staff is preaching it clearly isn't working. It seems like they aren't pissed off enough when they lose.... and Boones "we put up some good at bats but overall we need to get better" crap is creating a bunch of complacent kool aid drinkers...

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast