Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    . Sorry I never meant to do that post .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-17-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What the heck does cashman ‘s “ accomplishments “ from over ten years ago have to do with what he has been doing over the last 5 plus years ???? The discussion is about how he works since he got a lot more control after Hal took over full time , not how he did in the late 90s to 2009 , especially since George had his hands in everything cashman did until atleast around 2007 . I mean talk about moving goal posts here
    No Jorge it's basic logic which you fail to grasp. You made a blanket absolute statement "Only way I would have no problem with Boone being fired is if cashman goes too . If not then things won’t change" I demonstrated clearly there is ample evidence to prove the statement false. Now you want to throw in a qualifier "in the last five years" ....well talk about moving goal posts.

Look. I don't love Cashman. I hate appearing as an apologist and defender. He's done some good and some bad, I see both and am willing to admit to both. I do feel the need to correct the erroneous assumptions you draw.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No Jorge it's basic logic which you fail to grasp. You made a blanket absolute statement "Only way I would have no problem with Boone being fired is if cashman goes too . If not then things won’t change" I demonstrated clearly there is ample evidence to prove the statement false. Now you want to throw in a qualifier "in the last five years" ....well talk about moving goal posts.

Look. I don't love Cashman. I hate appearing as an apologist and defender. He's done some good and some bad, I see both and am willing to admit to both. I do feel the need to correct the erroneous assumptions you draw.
    He thinks goalposts are utensils

Personally, I think if Cashman handed over the team to a guy with some baseball knowledge, sack and some disciplinary aptitude, things would change.

Ignorance is bliss

What ample evidence proves that statement false ? Even a mets fan came here earlier and said cashman had to go and pointed out his short comings as Gm over the years . What evidence have you given that proves things would change if only Boone was fired ? All you have done is brag about what cashman “ accomplished “ over ten years ago after inheriting a team that had just won a World Series . How does that justify all the mistakes he made in his tenure and the lack of even an AL pennant since 2009 ?

I mean professional sports is all about what have you done for me lately , not what you did over ten years ago . That’s how big stars get their huge contracts and how GMs and managers don’t get fired . I never said that cashman never did anything right . I have praised some of his moves , like kluber and trading ottavino . Heck the best trade I have seen him do as Gm was trade tor David justice in 2000, that move won the yanks their third world title in a row . If the Yankees win it all this year I will be the first to praise cashman for doing what he did to make it a championship team and be fine with him getting an extension .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-17-2021 at 09:48 AM.

When u subtract the 9m they got rid of by trading Otto the total amount spent was less than 30m like I said

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Personally, I think if Cashman handed over the team to a guy with some baseball knowledge, sack and some disciplinary aptitude, things would change.
    Well that’s where you are mistaken , cashman would never just step aside and hand the team to someone else unless they subscribed to his way of thinking .

End of discussion. We will just agree to disagree.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    When u subtract the 9m they got rid of by trading Otto the total amount spent was less than 30m like I said
    It’s still at 30 mill since the Yankees are still under the 210 mill limit not less than 30 mill like you claimed . And it doesn’t change the fact that cashman spent 36 mill . Doesn’t matter how he got that spending money , the point is he spent more than you said he was allowed to spend .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-17-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Nick I have to agree with Day. Lately it seems you parachute in with a few comments to rip the team and leave. To a casual observer it can resemble trolling.

I always considered you a valued contributor even if some (many) disagreed with your perspective at times.
    What a bunch of snowflakes!
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Well that’s where you are mistaken , cashman would never just step aside and hand the team to someone else unless they subscribed to his way of thinking .
    ...and of course you are absolutely correct in your assessment.

Simply. Cashman endorses the anal dept. no question, they have some of the brightest minds assembled. The 29 other MLB teams also employ huge anal teams / dept. The calls to which you refer ( game 2 starter) are made collectively by a number of people in the FO. Boone is given the collective thought and then makes a decision.
    Last edited by drt1010; 04-17-2021 at 10:08 AM.

...and of course you are absolutely correct in your assessment.

Simply. Cashman endorses the anal dept. no question, they have some of the brightest minds assembled. The 29 other MLB teams also employ huge anal teams / dept. The calls to which you refer ( game 2 starter) are made collectively by a number of people in the FO. Boone is given the collective thought and then makes a decision.
    It’s more like Boone is given the collective thoughts of a number of people ( including cashman’s ) and Boone goes along with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Clown I agree. Boone might be a nice guy, he may have some BB IQ.....but he is the wrong guy for the job. This team needs a more disciplined aggressive approach. Early on we discussed Buck as the potential replacement, would be a good choice imo. His problem is his intolerance with young players learning curve and preference to go with vets.

Clown I agree. Boone might be a nice guy, he may have some BB IQ.....but he is the wrong guy for the job. This team needs a more disciplined aggressive approach. Early on we discussed Buck as the potential replacement, would be a good choice imo. His problem is his intolerance with young players learning curve and preference to go with vets.
    Cashman would likely never hire buck because he is his own man and doesnt think the same way as cashman does . We would more likely see another young inexperienced manager take boone’s place

If they do lose this series it’s on you since you made a negative prediction even if it was sarcasm

WHAT? YOU made the prediction. I didn't PREDICT ANYTHING. I don't understand how you always get so confused about things.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

It’s more like Boone is given the collective thoughts of a number of people ( including cashman’s ) and Boone goes along with it .
    OK. Please name one manager in the MLB who DOES NOT take input from the anal dept.? I'll wait.

Just a thought to ponder, why do you believe the shift became so prevalent?
    Why do you think they instituted the 3 batter rule this year?
    Why are K's up and BB down over the last 10+ yrs?
    When was the last time you saw a bunt?
    How about small ball in generaL?

In 2017 (according to Forbes Magazine) the MLB teams with the lowest valuations were the Rays, A’s, Reds, Indians, and Brewers. Yet three out of those five teams made the playoffs in 2018 and four finished with a winning record. So how are these relatively low budget teams competing with large market teams such as the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox? In a word, analytics.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast