Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I see Judge, Hicks, and Stanton are donating their JRD salary to the Players Alliance. Well, since they certainly aren't earning their salaries, especially Hicks and Stanton, I would suggest they donate them back to the Yankees instead.
    See? That I applaud whole heartedly . Itís game disrupting actions like kneeling and refusing to play that I donít agree with because it is bringing politics into the game itself .

I really hate to say this,as it sounds insulting, but for tonight at least, the Yankees are looking as bad as my other team, the Cubs. Thus far, it seemed that only the Cubs were hitting worse than the Yanks, but now I can't even say that. I guess my two teams are now tied for worst of the worst, at least thus far.

Can we end the Odor experiment now?, .125 batting average and two errors tonight. Dump him and Bruce, then bring up Ford for first till Voit returns.

Can we end the Odor experiment now?, .125 batting average and two errors tonight. Dump him and Bruce, then bring up Ford for first till Voit returns.
    I didnít understand the odor experiment before it started and I understand it even less now if thatís possible

I really hate to say this,as it sounds insulting, but for tonight at least, the Yankees are looking as bad as my other team, the Cubs. Thus far, it seemed that only the Cubs were hitting worse than the Yanks, but now I can't even say that. I guess my two teams are now tied for worst of the worst, at least thus far.
    Unlike the Cubs , the Yankees will start hitting again eventually . With the exception of dj, hicks, odor and Bruce , I think the offense is just too good to keep hitting like this . And btw I am calling dj an exception because I expected him to have a down year after getting his big contract .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-16-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Early Slump

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Unlike the Cubs , the Yankees will start hitting again eventually . With the exception of dj, hicks, odor and Bruce , I think the offense is just too good to keep hitting like this . And btw I am calling dj an exception because I expected him to have a down year after getting his big contract .

Better the Yanks in an early slump and finish strong. The bats will come alive at some point, but what worries me the most is there starting pitching. Other than Cole, I really don't see the other starters having quality starts too many times. Unless they can acquire one or two quality starters, they may not make the post season.

They have to get someone with some fire in that dugout. These guys just got their azz whipped by the Rays again, with another starter they picked up off the scrap pile. Its amazing they wanted both Kluber and Taillon and only moved on to Wacha after they didn't get the 2 guys we ended up with...unbelievable

They tried to out Tampa , Tampa tonight by using the opener idea again, since it worked so well the last time they did it

This is hardly on Nelson or the rest of the BP, they have been over used already. I think this was on the anals team and Boone for this pitching mess.

That said this whole team lineup looks like crap, awful. I'm not sure i saw us put together more than 5 or 6 good Abs tonight among the whole team. Their is just way to much talent for it to go on for the entire season but my goodness they are playing badly.

I don't know if its a chemistry thing, a club house thing, a lack of leadership, whatever it is they need get it fixed soon. There is just absolutely no life to this team and i think any idea that they were going to run away with the division and the AL is over.

Tampa and the Jays seem to be the two teams in the AL that give us the most problems and maybe well come to life when we start playing someone else , who knows but this is becoming almost unwatchable. It doesn't even look like they are putting up MLB at bats .... ugly, just ugly tonight hopefully tonight is the low point of the season and it only gets better from here

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Nick Nelson says he was informed Thursday night that he would be starting Friday night's game.

He said he had to think back to when he was a starter (2019 and earlier) to remember the routine he used to prepare for those outings.

Described it as "difficult."

My lord this team has become unbearable. This is almost as bad as having Happ open for Deivi last post season.

Whoever is making these decisions should immediately be reassigned as a ball-boy/girl.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 04-16-2021 at 11:26 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    They have to get someone with some fire in that dugout. These guys just got their azz whipped by the Rays again, with another starter they picked up off the scrap pile. Its amazing they wanted both Kluber and Taillon and only moved on to Wacha after they didn't get the 2 guys we ended up with...unbelievable

They tried to out Tampa , Tampa tonight by using the opener idea again, since it worked so well the last time they did it

This is hardly on Nelson or the rest of the BP, they have been over used already. I think this was on the anals team and Boone for this pitching mess.

That said this whole team lineup looks like crap, awful. I'm not sure i saw us put together more than 5 or 6 good Abs tonight among the whole team. Their is just way to much talent for it to go on for the entire season but my goodness they are playing badly.

I don't know if its a chemistry thing, a club house thing, a lack of leadership, whatever it is they need get it fixed soon. There is just absolutely no life to this team and i think any idea that they were going to run away with the division and the AL is over.

Tampa and the Jays seem to be the two teams in the AL that give us the most problems and maybe well come to life when we start playing someone else , who knows but this is becoming almost unwatchable. It doesn't even look like they are putting up MLB at bats .... ugly, just ugly tonight hopefully tonight is the low point of the season and it only gets better from here

They passed up on kluber because they felt he wasnít worth 11 mill , remember they donít like spending a lot on players . And the reason why they passed up on tailon might have something to do with the fact that he has had two TJ surgeries before age 30 . If that isnít a big enough red flag then I dunno what is .

As for the jays, they showed last season that they arenít a bad team . And their pitching might be better than people thought .

But I will agree with one thing , things can only get better from here . And they will since cole is pitching tomorrow and Monty the day after tomorrow .

They passed up on kluber because they felt he wasnít worth 11 mill , remember they donít like spending a lot on players . And the reason why they passed up on tailon might have something to do with the fact that he has had two TJ surgeries before age 30 . If that isnít a big enough red flag then I dunno what is .

As for the jays, they showed last season that they arenít a bad team . And their pitching might be better than people thought .

But I will agree with one thing , things can only get better from here . And they will since cole is pitching tomorrow and Monty the day after tomorrow .
    they absolutely didn't pass on either Kluber or Taillon, they offered Kluber an extra yr and most of the salary had performance incentives, Kluber choose us.. Tampa put together a very strong offer and were their to the end on both Taillon and Musgrove... They very much wanted both of them, they didn't pass

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    they absolutely didn't pass on either Kluber or Taillon, they offered Kluber an extra yr and most of the salary had performance incentives, Kluber choose us.. Tampa put together a very strong offer and were their to the end on both Taillon and Musgrove... They very much wanted both of them, they didn't pass
    Backing you up.

Heard Rays were also in on Jameson Taillon before the Yankees snagged him as just said on @MLBNetwork. TB had success with a previous big trade with Pirates (Glasnow, Meadows).
    - Heyman

Heard Kluber had multiple offers, including for yr and option with #RedSox. Plus less than $11M #Yankees paid from #Rays. #Bluejays believed in too. In end Kluber liked that 1) NYY had chance to win a title. 2) That his rehab leader Eric Cressey works for the NYY.
    - Sherman

https://yanksgoyard.com/2021/02/01/r...lting-yankees/

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Well I can understand why they wanted kluber but they still passed up on tailon or they would have made a better offer than the yanks did . I mean the Yankees didnít give up a lot for tailon . And keep giving a pass to cashman for decisions like tonight , when Boone is no longer manager and the next guy is not very different than Boone donít wonder why things didnít change that much . Because the answer is right in front of you but you refuse to see it

Mush all you can see to do lately is drop by say how bad we are and something about how good the Rays, Dodgers or some other team is. Starting to sound alot like trolling
    So Day, how about that angry fan base at the Stadium tonight?

Day, the yanks are the worst team in the League.. Are we supposed just sit there and rave about Gerit Cole?

Glad it is not just me that is mad about this stinking team.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Well I can understand why they wanted kluber but they still passed up on tailon or they would have made a better offer than the yanks did . I mean the Yankees didnít give up a lot for tailon . And keep giving a pass to cashman for decisions like tonight , when Boone is no longer manager and the next guy is not very different than Boone donít wonder why things didnít change that much . Because the answer is right in front of you but you refuse to see it
    there is a huge difference between passing on someone and not putting in the best offer.

You wanna blame Cashman for yrs past or any of his many blunders i'd probably agree with you but not for this yr. Hal cut 65m out of the budget from last yr and expected Cashman to fill the 3 rotation spots, resign their best player in DJ and rebuild the BP all for less than 30m. I think Cashman did a hell of a job putting together the Talent he did with the budget he had.

I guarantee you that if he would have had 25%of what Hal cut out of the budget that rotation would look way different. If you really think Cashman would have targeted either of those 2 as more than a flyer had he not been under s super strict budget.

You can blame and be 100% right about Cashman on alot of things, even in the last few yrs, but this offseasons mess IMO is squarely on Hal

Hal got scared and played this off season as safely as he possibly could instead of going for like his old man would have. If the Dodgers can handle a payroll this yr of 245m, there is no reason the Yanks couldn't also

there is a huge difference between passing on someone and not putting in the best offer.

You wanna blame Cashman for yrs past or any of his many blunders i'd probably agree with you but not for this yr. Hal cut 65m out of the budget from last yr and expected Cashman to fill the 3 rotation spots, resign their best player in DJ and rebuild the BP all for less than 30m. I think Cashman did a hell of a job putting together the Talent he did with the budget he had.

I guarantee you that if he would have had 25%of what Hal cut out of the budget that rotation would look way different. If you really think Cashman would have targeted either of those 2 as more than a flyer had he not been under s super strict budget.

You can blame and be 100% right about Cashman on alot of things, even in the last few yrs, but this offseasons mess IMO is squarely on Hal

Hal got scared and played this off season as safely as he possibly could instead of going for like his old man would have. If the Dodgers can handle a payroll this yr of 245m, there is no reason the Yanks couldn't also
    Yeah the rays didnít put in the best offer because they knew that a pitcher coming back from his second TJ surgery before 30 is reason enough to not to give up much for .

And Stop moving the goal posts , I was talking about who is to blame for hiring Boone and for making day to day decisions on the line up before games and the starting pitching for the upcoming games like who was behind the decision to start Nelson instead of king . I wasnít the one who brought up last off season , that was you .

As for cashman being so limited on funds , he was limited to close to 40 mill not less than 30 mill . Second it was cashman who made the decision to wait 3 months on dj and then spend 15 mill on him instead of on Tanaka . It was cashman that spent 11 mill kluber and another about 3 mill on tailon instead of using that money plus the money that could have been saved on not bringing back on Gardner to get another pitcher or trade for Castillo who would have cost less than 10 mill .

Then there is the money he wasted on Bruce for no reason at all since he had planned on bringing back Gardner . Then there is the fact that he could have instead at worst case scenario given a rotation spot to either king or Garcia . There were other better options cashman had this off season that wouldnít have sent him over the 30 to 40 mill limit he had but he didnít take them and that is on cashman period .

Heck he could have atleast not brought in Bruce , tailon or kluber and used it on tanaka instead since thatís about 15 mill right there and still brought back dj . Worst case scenario he wouldnít have been able to get both Wilson and oday .

And btw here is the basic math of what cashman did spend this off season , 15 mill on dj , 2.8 mill on Gardner , 11 mill on kluber , 2,2 mill on tailon , 2.8 mill on Wilson and 1.75 mill on Oday . That is about 35 mill that cashman spent this past off season and that doesnt include whatever he gave Bruce . And last I saw the yanks payroll was still below the 210 mill limit that Hal put on cashman . So yeah cashman had more than 30 mill to spend not less than 30 mill like you said
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-17-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast