Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I am well aware of the Yankees' multitude weaknesses.

The point was that Cashman continuously shies away from marquee talent and thinks that he, the illustrious Brian Cashman, along with his merry band of data-miners, are going to shine gold out of excrement and defy what 29 other executive teams, all of similar training and proficiency, avoid.

Paxton was an injury question mark from Day 1 as he had never thrown over 170 IP in a single season. Cashman's media spin at the time was that they were going to tweak his workout routine to circumvent this repeated weakness with increased durability through physical fitness.

Pineda was another injury concern who's lack of pitch versatility and questionable mechanics (most notably his arm angle were huge red flags from the outset. Only reason Cashman got away with that one was because Montero was even worse.

Kluber was two years removed from any semblance of quality with a major injury history.

Taillon is a never-was who never panned out to his perceived ceiling.

This is but a fragment of Brian Cashman's long and humiliating resume of absolute horror-show to mediocrity level market engagement that, when called to fulfill their perceived role, played exactly to their market value.

I can post the list yet again if you wish.
    Because it's worked for him. The Yankees found guys like Urshela and Voit in holes in the wall. That data mining has its value. You dont need marquee stars everywhere. In fact, a couple of marquee stars the Yankees have acquired have underperformed and or been hurt. That was your original point was it not? That they haven't acquired guys like Machado or JD Martinez. Two guys they clearly don't need given who they currently have.

The biggest issue is clearly the rotation. Its Cole and a bunch of question marks. Some higher ceilinged than others but either non established arms or guys who have had injury problems.

Chapman sucking wind in important playoff spots hasn't helped either. That lineup is very good. That bullpen is very good and you could always improve it. That rotation is a huge question mark. Its been a consistent bugaboo since the Yankees started having excellent regular season success again in 2017. You look at that 2019 team and they had no business winning 103 games with that rotation for example.

Yes its not the sole issue. The playoffs are a crapshoot because the competition gets exponentially harder. The Yankees rotation needs to get better. That's on Cashman. The point about trying to find value isn't a big deal. All teams do it. Its a matter of where you allocate funds and if Cashman can fix this rotation. You do that and they are suddenly a lot more formidable.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-20-2021 at 04:42 AM.

I am well aware of the Yankees' multitude weaknesses.

The point was that Cashman continuously shies away from marquee talent and thinks that he, the illustrious Brian Cashman, along with his merry band of data-miners, are going to shine gold out of excrement and defy what 29 other executive teams, all of similar training and proficiency, avoid.

Paxton was an injury question mark from Day 1 as he had never thrown over 170 IP in a single season. Cashman's media spin at the time was that they were going to tweak his workout routine to circumvent this repeated weakness with increased durability through physical fitness.

Pineda was another injury concern who's lack of pitch versatility and questionable mechanics (most notably his arm angle were huge red flags from the outset. Only reason Cashman got away with that one was because Montero was even worse.

Kluber was two years removed from any semblance of quality with a major injury history.

Taillon is a never-was who never panned out to his perceived ceiling.

This is but a fragment of Brian Cashman's long and humiliating resume of absolute horror-show to mediocrity level market engagement that, when called to fulfill their perceived role, played exactly to their market value.

I can post the list yet again if you wish.
    Man that was perfectly said and right on point . I couldn’t agree more with it .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    In a weird way, this year's rotation reminds me of a bad version of 2009 and is more evidence of Cashman not getting it done.

CC-Pettite-Burnett-Joba and then a mix of Hughes, Wang, Mitre...

To me CC=Cole in this rotation. The guy. Joba and Hughes=German/Sevy. Home grown talent that struggles.
    Pettite= Kluber or rather what Cahsman want Kluber to be. Established vet who can handle things and grind. Big difference is Pettite wasn't recovering from a shoulder injury and hand't missed significant time because of it.
    Burnett= Tallion - a guy with great stuff but who was an uncertainty. Again, big difference, injury

Cashman's mistake, year after year has been the rehabilitation projects with the hope they will turn out to be great pitchers. He never acquires a legit #2 and a legit mid rotation guy before taking those risks. That was what they were doing in years previous. If you have Clemmons, Cone and Pettite you can take your chances on other guys.

Also if you look at the lineup from 2009, there are 2, 300+ hitters, 4 guys over 285 and Posada was the K king but at only a 20% clip.

They were balanced lineups They hit the ball.

Cashman has lost the concept. He is all about the anal

Ignorance is bliss

Last edited by Posada20; 04-20-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Pettitte = kluber? Really ? Compare pettitte ‘s post season numbers to kluber’s and get back to me . And pettitte was a work horse . This rotation reminds me of the rotation of 2008
    Mussina was cole , wang was kluber cause he got hurt and was never the same again , pettitte was Monty , joba and Hughes were German and tailon . Cashman’s big problem is that as of now , he has never been able to put together a championship caliber rotation without the help of free agency . .
    but I do agree that cashman has lost the concept of a balanced lineup and went completely analytical just a year later when he thought he could fix the line up by getting rid off both Damon and matsuri and replacing them with the great nick johnson and Curtis granderson lol
    1-Read.
    2-Comprehend
    3-Consider responding.
    4-Rethink and ask yourself, do I sound like a moron?

If yes, which it surely will be, Repeat steps 1-4 until your answer is a sound, no. Then respond

Ignorance is bliss

^^ Yep. Simply think before you hit reply. Better yet read what you wrote and ask yourself does it make sense? Is it a logical response? Am I contributing to the dialogue?

I believe Jorge is post padding.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ^^ Yep. Simply think before you hit reply. Better yet read what you wrote and ask yourself does it make sense? Is it a logical response? Am I contributing to the dialogue?

So now agreeing and trying to have a dialogue with someone is post padding? You know what forget it I am just gonna delete that post . I am done responding to you two .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-20-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because it's worked for him. The Yankees found guys like Urshela and Voit in holes in the wall. That data mining has its value. You dont need marquee stars everywhere. In fact, a couple of marquee stars the Yankees have acquired have underperformed and or been hurt. That was your original point was it not? That they haven't acquired guys like Machado or JD Martinez. Two guys they clearly don't need given who they currently have.

The biggest issue is clearly the rotation. Its Cole and a bunch of question marks. Some higher ceilinged than others but either non established arms or guys who have had injury problems.

Chapman sucking wind in important playoff spots hasn't helped either. That lineup is very good. That bullpen is very good and you could always improve it. That rotation is a huge question mark. Its been a consistent bugaboo since the Yankees started having excellent regular season success again in 2017. You look at that 2019 team and they had no business winning 103 games with that rotation for example.

Yes its not the sole issue. The playoffs are a crapshoot because the competition gets exponentially harder. The Yankees rotation needs to get better. That's on Cashman. The point about trying to find value isn't a big deal. All teams do it. Its a matter of where you allocate funds and if Cashman can fix this rotation. You do that and they are suddenly a lot more formidable.
    Yep..........I now stand reprobate and corrected.

I shall now take these next few moments to endeavor to sit in solemn reflection amidst the sackcloth and ashes and attempt to game some small measure of consolation whilst I polish my 2010 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2011 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2012 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2013 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2014 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2015 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2016 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2017 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2018 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2019 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

And then my 2020 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 04-20-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    So now agreeing and trying to have a dialogue with someone is post padding? You know what forget it I am just gonna delete that post . I am done responding to you two .

How they always make you look foolish, I don't blame you.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

This is funny
    Sadly he doesn’t understand the joke

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    How they always make you look foolish, I don't blame you.
    If you can’t beat em, run and hide or lie your way out

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    but King only gave up 1BB and O hits
    But...but....but.....oh never mind.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I shall now take these next few moments to endeavor to sit in solemn reflection amidst the sackcloth and ashes and attempt to game some small measure of consolation whilst I polish my 2010 commemorative Yankees World Series Trophy.

TMML

I will however bet that they have the prototypes for all of them

Ignorance is bliss

I don't understand the point in complaining about value pick ups that have succeeded. To your point, you are paying guys like Voit and Urshela essentially the league minimum to be really productive players. You do realize how much Martinez and Machado make a year, right?

Roster construction is not solely about finding value either. Its part of it and I wasn't go back to 2010. None of those players are on this current incarnation of the team aside from Brett Gardner. Everyone praised Cashman after the 2017 season about how great of a job he did with keeping the team competitive while rebuilding, putting together all this young talent, etc.

And it has been successful to a point. I dont think its indicative of anything you have mentioned besides missing on certain guys which happens to every GM. I'm saying to you that this team the last 3 or 4 years has been the victims of bad SP and random probability with stiffer competition. If there was a formula to always win in the playoffs, someone would have found it already. That said, its pretty obvious what the flaw is with this team predominantly.

The Rays threw 2 CY Young caliber SPs at you last year and that was a major factor in why you lost the series in 5 games. Meanwhile, after Cole, the Yankees threw Devi Garcia out there in game 2 and not ironically he struggled. That's not a guy the Yankees should be starting a playoff game with their room for payroll.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-20-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Rays threw 2 CY Young caliber SPs at you last year and that was a major factor in why you lost the series in 5 games. Meanwhile, after Cole, the Yankees threw Devi Garcia out there in game 2 and not ironically he struggled . That's not a guy the Yankees should be starting a playoff game with their room for payroll.
    Wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast