Rays at Yankees 4 /16-18

Fri, Apr 16 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

Rays
    TBD

vs

Yankees
    TBD.
    While not announced it sounds like King will get his 1st start of the year. With no one currently in the 5th spot and Kings last dominate 6IN relief performance, he has a chance to grab that rotation spot he wants so badly.

I hope they give him a look, his improved stuff looks much better and honestly how much worse could he really be than any of our other Non Cole starters.

Sat, Apr 17 • 1:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: Bally Sports Sun, YES, MLBN (out-of-market only)

Rays
    TBD

VS

Yankees
    Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    1-0, 3.27 ERA, 11 SO
    In his last start (also against the Rays), Montgomery permitted four runs on five hits and two walks over five-plus innings. Montgomery also hit Austin Meadows two times; the first prompted warnings for both teams.

I hoping Monty shows us something in the middle of his other starts
    Sun, Apr 18 • 1:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: WPIX, Bally Sports Sun

Rays

TBD

VS

Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    2-0, 1.47 ERA, 29 SO
    In his last start, Cole settled in after a rocky beginning to retire the final 15 batters he faced in a 3-1 win over the Blue Jays. Keep in mind that Cole has a 1.52 ERA in nine starts with catcher Kyle Higashioka, including the playoffs, if that is the pairing.

We really need to get the offense going and win this series

With Monty and Cole staring 2 of 3 , they should win atleast 2 of the 3 games .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Day, do you know the last time Devi pitched? Is there a chance he gets a start?

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Deivi García: 4.2 ip, 4 h, 0 r, 0 er, 1 bb, 5 k. Threw 76 pitches. Got 14 swings and misses.

He pitched yesterday. This was his line.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He started a game at the ALT site 2 days ago and i believe he went 5 or 6 so its not going to be Devi tomorrow. I was actually kinda surprised they didn't give Devi this start, i thought with the ST he had he deserved a shot.

Everything i've read is that its likely going to be King tomorrow. I'm actually really excited to see how he does after that 6IN 0R0H 1BB performance he had his last time out. Even though it was in relief, He's one of the few pitcher we've had throw 6IN in one game. If u kinda looked like it as a start or however, Kings outing was the best non Cole multi inning performance we've had this yr. With as Questionable as Kluber, Taillon and German have looked so far i think King has a real chance to grab a rotation spot.

With Kings much improved stuff/velo i think he could actually prove to be an impact pitcher in our rotation, more than the spot starter/ long reliever people where hoping he would be coming into the yr.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He started a game at the ALT site 2 days ago and i believe he went 5 or 6 so its not going to be Devi tomorrow. I was actually kinda surprised they didn't give Devi this start, i thought with the ST he had he deserved a shot.

Everything i've read is that its likely going to be King tomorrow. I'm actually really excited to see how he does after that 6IN 0R0H 1BB performance he had his last time out. Even though it was in relief, He's one of the few pitcher we've had throw 6IN in one game. If u kinda looked like it as a start or however, Kings outing was the best non Cole multi inning performance we've had this yr. With as Questionable as Kluber, Taillon and German have looked so far i think King has a real chance to grab a rotation spot.

With Kings much improved stuff/velo i think he could actually prove to be an impact pitcher in our rotation, more than the spot starter/ long reliever people where hoping he would be coming into the yr.
    I think monty’s first start was better . I believe he threw 7 shut out innings . As for tomorrow it’s gonna be started by king or be a bullpen game . I really hope it’s king
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-15-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Fri, Apr 16 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

Rays
    TBD

vs

Yankees
    TBD.
    While not announced it sounds like King will get his 1st start of the year. With no one currently in the 5th spot and Kings last dominate 6IN relief performance, he has a chance to grab that rotation spot he wants so badly.

I hope they give him a look, his improved stuff looks much better and honestly how much worse could he really be than any of our other Non Cole starters.

Sat, Apr 17 • 1:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: Bally Sports Sun, YES, MLBN (out-of-market only)

Rays
    TBD

VS

Yankees
    Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    1-0, 3.27 ERA, 11 SO
    In his last start (also against the Rays), Montgomery permitted four runs on five hits and two walks over five-plus innings. Montgomery also hit Austin Meadows two times; the first prompted warnings for both teams.

I hoping Monty shows us something in the middle of his other starts
    Sun, Apr 18 • 1:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: WPIX, Bally Sports Sun

Rays

TBD

VS

Yankees
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    2-0, 1.47 ERA, 29 SO
    In his last start, Cole settled in after a rocky beginning to retire the final 15 batters he faced in a 3-1 win over the Blue Jays. Keep in mind that Cole has a 1.52 ERA in nine starts with catcher Kyle Higashioka, including the playoffs, if that is the pairing.

We really need to get the offense going and win this series
    If they lose this series the buzzard’s should be circling Boone.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

So Girardi was too harsh on Gary.. Boone is then hired..

What has Sanchez done since?

Just fire Boone and get it over with now....
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So Girardi was too harsh on Gary.. Boone is then hired..

What has Sanchez done since?

Just fire Boone and get it over with now....
    There is no point in firing Boone as long as cashman is gm . Cashman will just hire another lapdog .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    There is no point in firing Boone as long as cashman is gm . Cashman will just hire another lapdog .
    I think your disdain for Cashman has distorted your sense of reality. Was Torre a lap dog? How about Girardi?

Imo part of the problem is the growing influence of the anal dept in the decision making process, both on field as well as player development and acquisition. I wouldn't shed a tear if Boone was fired. But realize anyone brought in will have to buy the entire analytics program already in place.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Klown i just read on twitter that they might go with a Devi, King piggy back start , so maybe Devi will get into this series

I think monty’s first start was better . I believe he threw 7 shut out innings . As for tomorrow it’s gonna be started by king or be a bullpen game . I really hope it’s king
    You could easily go with Monty's start as the 2nd best, Either way Kings 6IP was right up there with easily one of the best non Cole outings though.. IMO Kings outing has for sure been better than any outing Kluber, Taillon or German have had being my main point

You could easily go with Monty's start as the 2nd best, Either way Kings 6IP was right up there with easily one of the best non Cole outings though.. IMO Kings outing has for sure been better than any outing Kluber, Taillon or German have had being my main point
    I was mistaken , Monty went 6 in his first start but struck out 7 batters , that was slightly better than king who also went 6 but struck out 3 batters .

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I think your disdain for Cashman has distorted your sense of reality. Was Torre a lap dog? How about Girardi?

Imo part of the problem is the growing influence of the anal dept in the decision making process, both on field as well as player development and acquisition. I wouldn't shed a tear if Boone was fired. But realize anyone brought in will have to buy the entire analytics program already in place.
    I agree that anyone brought in now would have to completely buy into the system they already have in place so it really doesn't make sense to can Boone in season, plus our choices wouldn't be that great in season either.

I do think if they stay mostly healthy and don't atleast get to the WS, there need to be some serious changes made to this team and somebody needs to be heald accountable. The problem is Hal cut 65m out of the payroll and expected Cashman to work miricles with the little money he had. I'm not crazy about any of the moves Cashman made this winter but i do think he got the most talent he could with the money available. He was expected to retool the 2nd and 3rd spots in the rotation, resign there best player in DJ and fill out the rest of the team for less than 30m this yr... hard to do IMO

Cashman brought in Boone, has pushed for this anals heavy approach and made a bunch of other questionable moves but i just don't fault him for this yr because Hal said 210 or less.

Unfortunately i just don't see them getting rid of Cashman but maybe Boone if they don't perform this yr or severly under perform .

Do you really think Hal could hold Cashman accountable for this yr when he was the one who gave Cash so little to work with ? If Cashman would have had even half of what Hal cut out of the budget i think this is a completely different looking team, IMO

I was mistaken , Monty went 6 in his first start but struck out 7 batters , that was slightly better than king who also went 6 but struck out 3 batters .
    but King only gave up 1BB and O hits

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast