Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Aside from Didi and EE (DH 44 games) the starters are essentially the same.

The pitching staff has seen the majority of change. Time will tell if it's a net + or -. I would have liked to see Tanaka return, but that is about it. Betances, Ottovino.....meh. CC's arm was about to fall off. Paxton, Happ? again meh. I wish them well.

Did I miss anyone?
    I think at best when it comes to the starting pitching it’s neither a + or a - . Remember in 19 they had German so it wouldn’t be a + or - there since it’s the same pitcher .

I know he hit a HR today, but there's a bad Odor in the clubhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I know he hit a HR today, but there's a bad Odor in the clubhouse.
    That’s what they got him for , an occasional homerun . That’s it

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Aside from Didi and EE (DH 44 games) the starters are essentially the same.

The pitching staff has seen the majority of change. Time will tell if it's a net + or -. I would have liked to see Tanaka return, but that is about it. Betances, Ottovino.....meh. CC's arm was about to fall off. Paxton, Happ? again meh. I wish them well.

Did I miss anyone?
    Romine had a few good games back then, not a lot, but a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Romine had a few good games back then, not a lot, but a few.
    True. Is he missed with Higgy backing up? Imo not really.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Rays vs Yankees in 2021:
    4-1, +14 run differential

Rays vs rest of MLB in 2021:
    3-7, -29 run differential

- Matt Snyder CBS

Inwyw

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed. Cashman should go but I don't think he ever will. I think he's too tight with Hank and it will be like losing another member of his family. The only way Cashman goes is if the Yankees have 2 disastrous seasons or he retires.
    The thing is you don't have to fire him imo. You could promote him to more of an executive capacity but with less emphasis on roster decisions. That could placate both sides. I know i'm being critical of a man that puts together 90+ win teams seemingly every year but sometimes you just need a new voice. That happens sometimes where a team hits a proverbial ceiling they can't get over.

That's what I see when I see the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    3,runs in 5 innings was actually pretty good , not great but pretty good .,

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The thing is you don't have to fire him imo. You could promote him to more of an executive capacity but with less emphasis on roster decisions. That could placate both sides. I know i'm being critical of a man that puts together 90+ win teams seemingly every year but sometimes you just need a new voice. That happens sometimes where a team hits a proverbial ceiling they can't get over.

That's what I see when I see the Yankees.
    Cashman has changed from building title teams to profitable ones. That's what I see. As long as the team makes money, he's safe. To do that they need the playoffs or to be close. As long as that is accomplished he will be the GM.

Yankees fans are effectively held hostage by him and him alone. That is why I respectfully disagree with the idea of promoting or "adjusting" his position. As long as he has a say, he is trouble.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Cashman has changed from building title teams to profitable ones. That's what I see. As long as the team makes money, he's safe. To do that they need the playoffs or to be close. As long as that is accomplished he will be the GM.

Yankees fans are effectively held hostage by him and him alone. That is why I respectfully disagree with the idea of promoting or "adjusting" his position. As long as he has a say, he is trouble.
    That is exactly what I have been saying about cashman all this time And it isn’t hard to make the richest team in mlb a profitable one . Especially when most if not all the ws caliber teams are in the NL . Things will never change as long as cashman is in the front office period , regardless of his role.

And he never built a title team without free agency to bail him out so he wasn’t really a title team builder . He inherited a championship team and his first 4 years all he had to do was tweak it .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-18-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Gary Sánchez suffered a contusion to his right index and middle fingers. X-rays were negative and he is day-to-day.

- Yanks PR

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    If I was the GM Sanchez would be at the alternate site to rot.

Higgy is the Yankees true catcher. Send that stiff packing! The man is always hurt.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Cole is going to feel like he has to throw a no hitter.

My prediction today is that he will struggle with command and we lose 4-3. The troops rally late but fall short.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

The only way this team starts winning is to slug their way out of this slump.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    That is exactly what I have been saying about cashman all this time And it isn’t hard to make the richest team in mlb a profitable one . Especially when most if not all the ws caliber teams are in the NL . Things will never change as long as cashman is in the front office period , regardless of his role.

And he never built a title team without free agency to bail him out so he wasn’t really a title team builder . He inherited a championship team and his first 4 years all he had to do was tweak it .
    How does a successful team build from within? Losers get highest draft picks, winners don't. Successful teams must trade and use free agency. Yankees missed the postseason only once between 1995 and 2012.

Prior to Cashman, Stick was the longest tenured GM, holding the position from 1990-95. Most others served one to two year stints and were gone. Stick deserves credit for the early championship run (mostly for protecting Jete and Mo from Georges wrath while convincing him building the core was the road to success...don't mess with it. ) , but Cashman had a hand in it as well. Cashman was lucky in some respect, George was pulling back a bit during his initial years. as the GM.

"....he never built a title team without free agency to bail him out" Didn't I once warn you about speaking in absolutes? They have a nasty way of coming back to bite you in the butt!

Cashman does deserve some credit for the Yankees postseason success, some smart trades NOT free agent signings instrumental to that success:

David Wells, Graeme Lloyd for Roger Clemens (1999)

Ricky Ledee for David Justice (2000)

Alfonso Soriano, Joaquin Arias for Alex Rodriguez (2004)

C.J. Henry for Bobby Abreu (2006)

Wilson Betemit for Nick Swisher (2009) Also signed CC , Teixeira and A.J. Burnett

..and who can forget Shane Greene for Didi Gregorius (2015)

I absolutely hate playing a Cashman apologist / defender. But certain erroneous assumption need clarity and /or correction.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast