Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 379
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    how you know? if the yanks don't score they could lose tomorrow game 2-1 or 1-0
    The only way they lose with cole starting is if they get shutout , and they won’t get shut out tomorrow . Don’t you remember what I said before cole’s last start ?

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,335
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    how you know? if the yanks don't score they could lose tomorrow game 2-1 or 1-0
    Gotta love the healthy optimism.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,575
    I blame the pitching as much as the offense today, can’t expect any offense to have to score 7 runs to win a ball game
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-17-2021 at 04:58 PM.

  4. #154
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,251
    Gary Sánchez suffered a contusion to his right index and middle fingers. X-rays were negative and he is day-to-day.

    - Yanks PR

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Gary Sánchez suffered a contusion to his right index and middle fingers. X-rays were negative and he is day-to-day.

    - Yanks PR

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Glad to know he is fine and it’s not serious . He will get the day off tomorrow .

  6. #156
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,251
    Gerrit Cole and Jordan Montgomery this season: 6 G, 35.1 IP, 10 ER, 2.55 ERA

    All other Yankees starting pitchers: 8 G, 26.2 IP, 22 ER, 7.43 ERA

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    10,457
    Ugly, Ugly baseball. Goes to show you what this team thinks of Boone, he got mad last night and yelled, lol .....and they still came out flat.

    I don't know whats going on at the plate with these guys but they all look like they are a second behind everything at the plate. As bad as Stanton has been, with his 11 rbi's he's been our most productive offensive player, especially with RISP.

    Seems like they all have been off since they got there Covid shots towards the end of ST/ start of the season... maybe Boone or somebody will start using that as an excuse lol. They just aren't playing good baseball.

    I feel bad for Cole, he's one of the few guys that has showed fir, leadership and an intensity to win, he came here to compete for championships and we've already wasted one of his prime yr. I wonder how many more they are willing to risk

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Ugly, Ugly baseball. Goes to show you what this team thinks of Boone, he got mad last night and yelled, lol .....and they still came out flat.

    I don't know whats going on at the plate with these guys but they all look like they are a second behind everything at the plate. As bad as Stanton has been, with his 11 rbi's he's been our most productive offensive player, especially with RISP.

    Seems like they all have been off since they got there Covid shots towards the end of ST/ start of the season... maybe Boone or somebody will start using that as an excuse lol. They just aren't playing good baseball.

    I feel bad for Cole, he's one of the few guys that has showed fir, leadership and an intensity to win, he came here to compete for championships and we've already wasted one of his prime yr. I wonder how many more they are willing to risk
    Now you are blaming COVID shots ? The rest of mlb got those same shots and most of them aren’t doing as bad as the Yankees offense . The main problem with the offense are hicks and Stanton . How do you expect a line up to get things going when those two guys take up two spots in the heart of the order ?

    Here is a symptom of the inmates running the asylum , gittens, Estrada and Ford were the three hottest yankee hitters at the end of spring training . What do they do ? They trade estrada , leave gittens in the minors and leave Ford in the alternate site while instead using Bruce and trading for odor.
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-17-2021 at 05:10 PM.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    10,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Now you are blaming COVID shots ? The rest of mlb got those same shots and most of them aren’t doing as bad as the Yankees offense . The main problem with the offense are hicks and Stanton . How do you expect a line up to get things going when those two guys take up two spots in the heart of the order ?
    Here is an interesting and a symptom of the inmates running the asylum , gittens, Estrada and Ford were the three hottest yankee hitters at the end of spring training . What do they do ? They trade estrada , leave gittens in the minors and leave Ford in the alternate site while instead using Bruce and trading for odor.
    did you not see the LOL after i said that, it was a joke. They, particularly the offense has been playing horrible baseball. zero excuses , ugly, ugly baseball

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,438
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Ugly, Ugly baseball. Goes to show you what this team thinks of Boone, he got mad last night and yelled, lol .....and they still came out flat.

    I don't know whats going on at the plate with these guys but they all look like they are a second behind everything at the plate. As bad as Stanton has been, with his 11 rbi's he's been our most productive offensive player, especially with RISP.

    Seems like they all have been off since they got there Covid shots towards the end of ST/ start of the season... maybe Boone or somebody will start using that as an excuse lol. They just aren't playing good baseball.

    I feel bad for Cole, he's one of the few guys that has showed fir, leadership and an intensity to win, he came here to compete for championships and we've already wasted one of his prime yr. I wonder how many more they are willing to risk
    dj is the table setter he is not hitting like he did his first 2 seasons..his bat seems slow.. torres is having so far as bad a year as he did last year.. hicks stanton hitting very bad this has always been a feast or famine lineup..maybe the famine will be here more then the feast. it' still early to turn the season around but i starting to think the year will be a struggle for the yanks. i said they will win 92 games this year i may have been to generous..

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,583
    Well the troops tried.

    They get an A for effort.

    Small steps people....Eventually we will pick up the pieces.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth


  12. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,335
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Ugly, Ugly baseball. Goes to show you what this team thinks of Boone, he got mad last night and yelled, lol .....and they still came out flat.

    I don't know whats going on at the plate with these guys but they all look like they are a second behind everything at the plate. As bad as Stanton has been, with his 11 rbi's he's been our most productive offensive player, especially with RISP.

    Seems like they all have been off since they got there Covid shots towards the end of ST/ start of the season... maybe Boone or somebody will start using that as an excuse lol. They just aren't playing good baseball.

    I feel bad for Cole, he's one of the few guys that has showed fir, leadership and an intensity to win, he came here to compete for championships and we've already wasted one of his prime yr. I wonder how many more they are willing to risk
    Ugly? It's approaching Fugly!

    What does it mean when a team meeting is called, Boone yells at the troops and they still come out flat? Is it possible he's lost the clubhouse this early in the season? Has the person brought in to communicate with the "young" guns lost the ability?

    Or....are they all not listening because they have no respect for him and his ability to lead?

    Something is clearly not right in the Yankee clubhouse. This team is NOT this bad. Maybe Gardy needs to speak up.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,583
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    dj is the table setter he is not hitting like he did his first 2 seasons..his bat seems slow.. torres is having so far as bad a year as he did last year.. hicks stanton hitting very bad this has always been a feast or famine lineup..maybe the famine will be here more then the feast. it' still early to turn the season around but i starting to think the year will be a struggle for the yanks. i said they will win 92 games this year i may have been to generous..
    Big contracts slow down the bat for some reason.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth


  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,583
    I hope we finish in last to get better draft picks...

    And maybe Boone gets canned.

    As well as Cashbox.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth


  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,583
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Ugly? It's approaching Fugly!

    What does it mean when a team meeting is called, Boone yells at the troops and they still come out flat? Is it possible he's lost the clubhouse this early in the season? Has the person brought in to communicate with the "young" guns lost the ability?

    Or....are they all not listening because they have no respect for him and his ability to lead?

    Something is clearly not right in the Yankee clubhouse. This team is NOT this bad. Maybe Gardy needs to speak up.

    This where King George rallied the troops. Problem was they played good for 10 games after George hollered at them but you can’t shine turds and the obvious returned.

    This team is going to be fine folks.

    All teams have 5-9 stretches during a 162 game season...We just happened to get it now.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth


Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •