Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

WWE releases 9 Superstars, including Samoa Joe, Peyton Royce, and Billy Kay

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...-chelsea-green

WWE has issued the following statement about several superstars being released:

“WWE has come to terms on a release of Billie Kay, Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto and Wesley Blake as of today April 15, 2021.

We wish them the best in all of their future endeavors.”

UPDATE: WWE’s list appears to be a work in progress. Here is the current list of superstars who have been released, which includes several more names in addition to those from the original announcement:

Billie Kay
    Mickie James
    Chelsea Green
    Tucker
    Kalisto
    Wesley Blake
    Samoa Joe
    Bo Dallas
    Peyton Royce

There are a few surprising names on this list of roster cuts. Billie Kay stands out as a superstar who received the most television time from this group, and she also is the only one who just competed on the main card of WrestleMania 37. Her primary gimmick has involved giving out her resume looking for work.

Samoa Joe is arguably the biggest name of them all. He was recently removed from the Raw commentary team.
    Eichel Tower

I'm sorry this is BS. Their saying its due to budget cuts? Yeah ok.

Vince to Gronk

I figured this was coming for Billie Kay and Peyton Royce once they broke them up.

I wish they would have put Bo with Bray. it would have been so easy because of Bray's cult leader personality to find Bo sulking in a corner about his continuous losing and Bray convinces him to follow the buzzards.

Samoa Joe is a bit of a shock but his injuries have hampered any kind of push he got.

No losses really, most of them weren't being used. Joe is the only one that sucks, but he is always hurt anyway.

Joe will probably have a open contract with aew/impact. The rest I could care less about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Joe will probably have a open contract with aew/impact. The rest I could care less about

So what are you saying? Because others you didn’t like or care for shouldn’t be able to work for other promotions?

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    So what are you saying? Because others you didn’t like or care for shouldn’t be able to work for other promotions?
    No I just don’t care what they do.

I always feel bad when someone loses their job in a big company like WWE. I understand they have to consider long term expenses so it is what it is. Aside from Joe, none of them are big losses like has been previously mentioned.

The WWE's roster is still way too bloated. They could probably afford to cut even more wrestlers if they wanted to.