Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LaMarcus Aldridge retires

https://twitter.com/aldridge_12/stat...684444161?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocking but health first. Great career he had. HOFer?

Holy cow, wow man. Hope he's okay, in the long run.

Didn't see that coming but he's gotta do what is best for him. And at 35 he is probably secure from the monetary side of things.

Just got the news wow!

Pretty sad

Guess it'll be interesting to see how they fill that spot too.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Guess it'll be interesting to see how they fill that spot too.
    Who's left?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Who's left?
    Devin Kurant

Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    bref has him at 50%. this might be controversial, but honestly I don't think he should get in. unfortunately the NBA hall of fame is by far the weakest in all sports. he also only made one WCF

While he could be a liability on defense, I really think this causes a lot of problems for Brooklyn in the post season because he could at least body some big guys (like Embiid and Randle). Now they are going to have to rely heavily on trapping and doubling bigs, meaning Kyrie and Harden will have to be really active. And they’ll have to be spot on with rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Who's left?
    Doesn't seem like anyone, maybe they can pull a PJ Brown and lure some center outta retirement.

It might be time to bring over Nemanja Dangubic, or call up Tariq Owens lol

I bet they're counting their blessing they didn't grant DJ his buyout now.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    That was the first question I had, too. My gut reaction was "yes." Not much playoff success, but had a long career and was certainly in the conversation of top 10-15 players in the league at his peak with seven All-Star appearances, five All-NBA teams and three top 10 MVP finishes.

I was surprised to see, though, his Hall of Fame probability on BR was a coin flip at 50.9%, which seemed low to me. That being said, a number of players around him in that 40%-60% range are Hall of Famers (Cheeks, Unseld, Yao, DJ, Moncrief, Mullin, Westphal).

In terms of career points, it's a shame he came up only 49 shy of 20,000, which is a pretty exclusive club (50 total players). Of those 50 players, 46 are either already in the Hall or are locks to make the Hall, IMO. The four guys who are borderline guys or aren't likely to make it are Vince Carter, Joe Johnson, Tom Chambers and Antawn Jamison.

I think VC gets in on the strength of his peak, athletic prowess and longevity. I don't think the other three do. JJ is a good comp for LMA, because although they played different positions, their HOF probability is practically identical, they both made 7 All-Star games, and they played in the same era. But Aldridge was a much better player at his peak statistically than JJ. Gun to my head, I think Aldridge gets in eventually (not a first-ballot guy), but Johnson doesn't.

I think theyll be fine. They have Jordan & Claxton... and they can go small. I mean at this stage LMA is not a big loss. Doesnt move or drop the needle much.

With that said, I hope hes ok. If I were him Id play it safe too. He had a good career and made his money. Why risk his health.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    bref has him at 50%. this might be controversial, but honestly I don't think he should get in. unfortunately the NBA hall of fame is by far the weakest in all sports. he also only made one WCF
    This is tough. There are several HOFers who had less of a case than Aldridge, who I also don't think should be in the NBA Hall of Fame. It'd be great if they could remove players who are no longer deserving — including several Celtics — but everyone would get in a tiffy.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Doesn't seem like anyone, maybe they can pull a PJ Brown and lure some center outta retirement.

It might be time to bring over Nemanja Dangubic, or call up Tariq Owens lol

I bet they're counting their blessing they didn't grant DJ his buyout now.
    DJ just became the starting C...again...

Glad he knows about this and is taking care of it before it’s too late. Always loved his Roman looking arm tattoo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast