Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    DJ just became the starting C...again...
    Round of applause!

smart to do that... don't want to end up like Reggie Lewis.

I will always remember LMA as a Blazers.

I wonder what he felt. I wonder if he regrets leaving Portland. As much as I hate KD, it would've been fun to see how much LMA contributed to winning a chip.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That was the first question I had, too. My gut reaction was "yes." Not much playoff success, but had a long career and was certainly in the conversation of top 10-15 players in the league at his peak with seven All-Star appearances, five All-NBA teams and three top 10 MVP finishes.

I was surprised to see, though, his Hall of Fame probability on BR was a coin flip at 50.9%, which seemed low to me. That being said, a number of players around him in that 40%-60% range are Hall of Famers (Cheeks, Unseld, Yao, DJ, Moncrief, Mullin, Westphal).

In terms of career points, it's a shame he came up only 49 shy of 20,000, which is a pretty exclusive club (50 total players). Of those 50 players, 46 are either already in the Hall or are locks to make the Hall, IMO. The four guys who are borderline guys or aren't likely to make it are Vince Carter, Joe Johnson, Tom Chambers and Antawn Jamison.

I think VC gets in on the strength of his peak, athletic prowess and longevity. I don't think the other three do. JJ is a good comp for LMA, because although they played different positions, their HOF probability is practically identical, they both made 7 All-Star games, and they played in the same era. But Aldridge was a much better player at his peak statistically than JJ. Gun to my head, I think Aldridge gets in eventually (not a first-ballot guy), but Johnson doesn't.
    Wasn't he consistently making All-NBA teams over the likes of Chris Bosh too? Crazy how playing with Bron and Wade is going to make Bosh a no brainer HOF'er but LMA may have the more decorated individual career.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I wonder what he felt. I wonder if he regrets leaving Portland. As much as I hate KD, it would've been fun to see how much LMA contributed to winning a chip.
    We'd have had Lillard, LMA, and CJ. Would have been an interesting trio.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    We'd have had Lillard, LMA, and CJ. Would have been an interesting trio.
    Big 3. His best years are with Portland.

I wanted him to go back to Portland after he was bought out to run it back.

Too bad as he still probably had a few more years of productivity. Hope he stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That was the first question I had, too. My gut reaction was "yes." Not much playoff success, but had a long career and was certainly in the conversation of top 10-15 players in the league at his peak with seven All-Star appearances, five All-NBA teams and three top 10 MVP finishes.

I was surprised to see, though, his Hall of Fame probability on BR was a coin flip at 50.9%, which seemed low to me. That being said, a number of players around him in that 40%-60% range are Hall of Famers (Cheeks, Unseld, Yao, DJ, Moncrief, Mullin, Westphal).

In terms of career points, it's a shame he came up only 49 shy of 20,000, which is a pretty exclusive club (50 total players). Of those 50 players, 46 are either already in the Hall or are locks to make the Hall, IMO. The four guys who are borderline guys or aren't likely to make it are Vince Carter, Joe Johnson, Tom Chambers and Antawn Jamison.

I think VC gets in on the strength of his peak, athletic prowess and longevity. I don't think the other three do. JJ is a good comp for LMA, because although they played different positions, their HOF probability is practically identical, they both made 7 All-Star games, and they played in the same era. But Aldridge was a much better player at his peak statistically than JJ. Gun to my head, I think Aldridge gets in eventually (not a first-ballot guy), but Johnson doesn't.
    It feels so wrong to me for LMA to get in if Chris Webber isnít. Webber was flat out better and he led his team farther.

Sad to see a career end like this. Still can't believe the Raps took Primo Pasta over him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    bref has him at 50%. this might be controversial, but honestly I don't think he should get in. unfortunately the NBA hall of fame is by far the weakest in all sports. he also only made one WCF
    *Basketball Hall of Fame

Yeah he'll probably get in, but I agree that he really shouldn't be in. Had a solid, All NBAish peak (which could honestly be debatable), but his offense didn't really scale in the playoffs, which isn't super surprising given how he got his points along with his mediocre passing ability. Defense generally mediocre as well.

His 3 year scoring peak in the playoffs is 24.2 per 75 on -4.1% rTS (i.e. 4% lower than league average TS%)

Bummer about the 20,000 points thing though, genuinely wished he got it lol. Also gotta respect his decision, hoping for the best in terms of his health, huge bummer.

That sucks he had a real chance to win a ring this year.

Even worse, he opt'd OUT of several million dollars to go to Brooklyn just to chase that ring.

He literally gave up millions (I understand he'll be just fine) and he has nothing to show for it.

I guess the question to ask now, is...Is LaMarcus Aldrige a Hall of Famer.

He has a WS over 120, 7xAll-Star, 5xAll-NBA, nearly 20k points (top 50 All-Time) he's 62nd in rebounds, 68th in blocks, 36th in field goals and 71st in minutes all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Wasn't he consistently making All-NBA teams over the likes of Chris Bosh too? Crazy how playing with Bron and Wade is going to make Bosh a no brainer HOF'er but LMA may have the more decorated individual career.
    They would have been team mates if Toronto didn't **** up and take that big *** guido instead of LaMarcus.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Sad to see a career end like this. Still can't believe the Raps took Primo Pasta over him.
    I know imagine pairing him with prime Bosh as your 4/5.

Looks like if rumors are to be believed they went with a guard to replace Aldridge.

Could always waive someone to make room, if needed, before the playoffs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12