Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    the issue i have with playing time is more IQ, and it's precisely the reason I was against bringing Rose in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    No one is saying the Knicks have a hidden gem on their bench that isn't be allowed to shine. I'm going to say this once again so please pay attention.

Playing Burks, Bully, and crew is like putting lipstick on a pig. Good players see through that nonsense. You don't think that the NO's team could put together a MUCH better team than the Knicks if they wanted?? Al they need to do is sign the one yr vets we signed, and they're much better in a summer BECAUSE THEY HAVE YOUNG HORSES.

Play your draft picks and if they suck, you're in position for better more impactful draft picks. It's very difficult to find your franchise player in FA.
    That is just a losing mentality. You would think the fans would be sick of losing and welcome this surprise season that's actually fun to watch. I surely don't need to see Knox again, or see Obi looking like a deer in the headlights as a ROOKIE. I want to win games want the playoffs! I want more. Obi will be just fine. But now it's not the time, that's what summer Ball and next year are for. Lets keep winning. Stars will want to be here.

Finally got over that 4th win in a row hump! It's kind of crazy how big and muscular Zion is. He made Randle look small lol. But Randle is way more skilled. Kudos to Randle for taking it to him. I continued to be amazed at his improvement from last season.

And kudos to Burks. Shocking that he leads the league in 4th quarter scoring this month. It just sucks he's not consistent. We're a different level team when we have a 20 ppg perimeter scorer to help out Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    the issue i have with playing time is more IQ, and it's precisely the reason I was against bringing Rose in.
    Yet Rose and Gibson have mentored these young guys so well that they will be even better. I'm sick of playing the season for next year's draft. I actually count down the minutes until the next game. I love this team and what Thibs has done. Last night the pelicans announcers had more good to say about Elfrid Payton than all of us combined. IQ will blossom into a star. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Finally got over that 4th win in a row hump! It's kind of crazy how big and muscular Zion is. He made Randle look small lol. But Randle is way more skilled. Kudos to Randle for taking it to him. I continued to be amazed at his improvement from last season.

And kudos to Burks. Shocking that he leads the league in 4th quarter scoring this month. It just sucks he's not consistent. We're a different level team when we have a 20 ppg perimeter scorer to help out Randle.
    Fun game to watch. Zion is s beast

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Attracting stars should be the absolute last thing on the Knicks mind. This mindset IS the problem. Build from within and stop the nonsense. FA plays a role but it should be used to augment what you have, not become the only hope you have.
    I'm not even thinking offseason or star chasing right now. I haven't had this much fun with this franchise since 2013. But if we are looking ahead, getting a star to sign here will continue to be tough imo. Who is even out there? I personally do not want to trade the farm for Beal. And I cannot see Anthony Davis signing here as a FA either. I think our best course is to stay the course and keep adding and improving. If we can somehow land a better PG like Lonzo, Conley or Schroder and a more consistent perimeter scorer like Norman Powell or Gary Trent Jr. I think we can take that next step. I also really want to bring back Noel, Taj, Burks and Bullock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    That is just a losing mentality. You would think the fans would be sick of losing and welcome this surprise season that's actually fun to watch. I surely don't need to see Knox again, or see Obi looking like a deer in the headlights as a ROOKIE. I want to win games want the playoffs! I want more. Obi will be just fine. But now it's not the time, that's what summer Ball and next year are for. Lets keep winning. Stars will want to be here.
    Build your own star and stop waiting for one to be disgruntle enough to come here. That's a dreamers mentality Knick fans have had your entire life. Mgt has done a lot of good things in regards to patience but when you're rebuilding, it's not about winning and losing, it's about who's winning and losing. We have a bunch of 1 yr vets competing and winning against teams truly trying to rebuild (half the league), and we should be jumping for joy in the Garden..lol I'm as happy as the next guy about RJ coming along and even the wins we get, but lets be honest about who and why we're getting here and it aint the youth on this team.

I forgot AD signed his extension, not like we were getting him anyway lol. So who exactly is this star we are going to sign? Besides Kawhi, who isn't coming here either, who else is out there? DeRozan? Oladipo?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Burks and Bullock don't play RJ's position?

How did Miami treat Bam?

Do you honestly think Thibs is just gonna doghouse IQ and Obi and keep them on 10 minute leashes the rest of their career? If that was the case he wouldn't even be playing them at all right now. I think he believes he's coaching them hard to turn them into winning players but playing them enough to get them rookie reps. Next year they will get more reps. The year after that more.

RJ is 20 and a favorite horse of Thibs in his second year, despite plenty of young player mishaps and mistakes. I see no reason at all these rooks don't follow suit next year with much bigger roles. Mitch is young and still raw yet is the starter and a big minute guy.

Thibs completely benched Knox so I don't really think he's playing RJ for any reason other than he likes RJ. Your last point doesn't really hold up.

If Thibs will play heavily play young guys he inherited in their 2nd/3rd year and not as rooks, why wouldn't he heavily play IQ and Obi in their 2nd/3rd years? Do you think because he got them as rookies that is going to change how he views them next year vs 2nd year RJ or 3rd year Mitch?
    Bullock and Burks, especially Burks are undersized at the SF position and no coach was coming in here and benching RJ. He was the player that the team identified as their franchise moving forward.

Bam wasn't good, that's why he didn't play. He was a good defender at the time and that's how they used him. Again, look at last year. Nunn, Herro and Robinson all were able to establish themselves as key pieces as rookies, with two of them being undrafted, because they were good. It didn't matter that they were rookies. Herro's role also continued to expand as the year went on.

You're too stuck on RJ and using him as an example. His status with the franchise is not the same as the other players. You can't compare.

Since when was Knox identified as a major piece? He barely played last year and has barely played since his rookie season. I don't understand how you view them as having a similar standing.

Even you pointing out 2nd and 3rd year in terms of playing is proving the point that players aren't playing just because they are rookies. How Thibs treats younger players is well documented. Go read about his time in Minnesota. Look at how he brought along players in Chicago also.

I'm not sure why you're so adamant about defending this aspect of Thibs. It doesn't mean he's terrible. He doesn't have to be perfect and this is clearly a flaw of his.

GT#55 Santísimo Knicks (28-27) @ NOLa Pelicans (25-29): Rumble in the Big Easy!

I remember an interview with Tony Parker, where he basically talked about how he was Pop's whipping boy. Pop would yell at Parker even when someone else screwed up in practice. I do think Thibs treats vets with more respect in terms of not making examples out of them, not chewing them out, not yanking them out of games. I think it's a common "old school" approach. Maybe not so much in the new school of coaching and coddling. We'll see how it shakes out long term. I do think IQ and Obi are going to be playing big mins next year as long as they are here. And then there will be new rookies to take the brunt of it. This is rookie treatment by an old school coach. It seems like many here believe this is permanent for Obi and IQ. Rose got this treatment from Thibs at one point of his career too.

http://www.thepostgame.com/tony-park...uncan-ginobili
    I guess a just never cared if others wanted it as much. I didn't get girls, smoke, have friends off the court, do school work, I really did nothing but ball when I was real young. It never brothered me if the guys I played with we're different. knowingly treating some kid like **** so you can get to other guys is ****ed up- even when Pop does it. Ive always liked Pop a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-15-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I remember an interview with Tony Parker, where he basically talked about how he was Pop's whipping boy. Pop would yell at Parker even when someone else screwed up in practice. I do think Thibs treats vets with more respect in terms of not making examples out of them, not chewing them out, not yanking them out of games. I think it's a common "old school" approach. Maybe not so much in the new school of coaching and coddling. We'll see how it shakes out long term. I do think IQ and Obi are going to be playing big mins next year as long as they are here. And then there will be new rookies to take the brunt of it. This is rookie treatment by an old school coach. It seems like many here believe this is permanent for Obi and IQ. Rose got this treatment from Thibs at one point of his career too.

http://www.thepostgame.com/tony-park...uncan-ginobili
    Tony Parker played 30 min per game as a rookie and he's another example of a player whose role increased as the season went along. Who cares if he was yelled at more? That's not what we're discussing at all. Good players deserve to play regardless of their tenure in the league.

GT#55 Santísimo Knicks (28-27) @ NOLa Pelicans (25-29): Rumble in the Big Easy!

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Tony Parker played 30 min per game as a rookie and he's another example of a player whose role increased as the season went along. Who cares if he was yelled at more? That's not what we're discussing at all. Good players deserve to play regardless of their tenure in the league.
    He was responding to me. I said the rooks might be whipping boys. The whip is a whatever punishment coach decides to use. Punishing one guy to keep another in line is the idea.

Bullock and Burks, especially Burks are undersized at the SF position and no coach was coming in here and benching RJ. He was the player that the team identified as their franchise moving forward.

Bam wasn't good, that's why he didn't play. He was a good defender at the time and that's how they used him. Again, look at last year. Nunn, Herro and Robinson all were able to establish themselves as key pieces as rookies, with two of them being undrafted, because they were good. It didn't matter that they were rookies. Herro's role also continued to expand as the year went on.

You're too stuck on RJ and using him as an example. His status with the franchise is not the same as the other players. You can't compare.

Since when was Knox identified as a major piece? He barely played last year and has barely played since his rookie season. I don't understand how you view them as having a similar standing.

Even you pointing out 2nd and 3rd year in terms of playing is proving the point that players aren't playing just because they are rookies. How Thibs treats younger players is well documented. Go read about his time in Minnesota. Look at how he brought along players in Chicago also.

I'm not sure why you're so adamant about defending this aspect of Thibs. It doesn't mean he's terrible. He doesn't have to be perfect and this is clearly a flaw of his.
    RJ isn’t playing SF, he’s playing SG. RJ, Burks, and Bullock are all listed at 6’6” with 6’10” wingspans. Burks and RJ are listed at the exact same height and weight actually at 214 lbs with Bullock at 205 lbs.

Just like we saw last night, Burks and Bullock closed out the game on the wings with Rose at PG and RJ on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    RJ isn’t playing SF, he’s playing SG. RJ, Burks, and Bullock are all listed at 6’6” with 6’10” wingspans. Burks and RJ are listed at the exact same height and weight actually at 214 lbs with Bullock at 205 lbs.

Just like we saw last night, Burks and Bullock closed out the game on the wings with Rose at PG and RJ on the bench.
    No coach was going to come in and bench RJ. I don't understand the purpose of even suggesting that it could've happened. He was their highest draft pick in 35 years. It wasn't happening unless he completely bombed this season.

No coach was going to come in and bench RJ. I don't understand the purpose of even suggesting that it could've happened. He was their highest draft pick in 35 years. It wasn't happening unless he completely bombed this season.
    Agreed.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast