Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    NOLA with Zion and Ingram, really hard to believe they aren't better, that might be the best young duo in the league. And Lonzo in theory should be a nice 3 & D piece for them, but his passing is a bit wasted with those 2 playmakers.

I think putting Adams next to Zion was a huge mistake, they'd probably be better with someone even like Noel who can roam and is more mobile.
    They don't play defense there perimeter defense is even worse then RJ.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Knicks win but Is it in our best interest to be playing Rose, Bully, Burks, Randle, and Taj vs a bunch of kids? Is this what we call development? Are we really excited that our vets beat these kids? Whats is the end game here, playoffs with Taj and company? Why?

New Orleans should be doing what the Knicks are doing. They have 2 young all star center pieces to build around with vets. Knicks have done the opposite. We try and win games with vets then hope we can find a young star. Go figure.

GT#55 Santísimo Knicks (28-27) @ NOLa Pelicans (25-29): Rumble in the Big Easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Knicks win but Is it in our best interest to be playing Rose, Bully, Burks, Randle, and Taj vs a bunch of kids? Is this what we call development? Are we really excited that our vets beat these kids? Whats is the end game here, playoffs with Taj and company? Why?

New Orleans should be doing what the Knicks are doing. They have 2 young all star center pieces to build around with vets. Knicks have done the opposite. We try and win games with vets then hope we can find a young star. Go figure.
    Its a shame we can't have one or two guys that were bigger question marks coming in getting 20 minutes a night. Last night Quickley and Toppin combined for 16 mins. That said we are a component team that plays together.

Hopefully Q and Toppin can come back better next year. Toppin’s going run the floor and get some dunks. Q will look to microwave and have a game where he plays real mins here and there. I think Frank and Knoxs are dead. Other then some reps I think development is over for the this season. Lets try and win some games and build on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-15-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Its a shame we can't have one or two guys that were bigger question marks coming in getting 20 minutes a night. Last night Quickley and Toppin combined for 16 mins. That said we are a component team that plays together.

Hopefully Q and Toppin can come back better next year. Toppin’s going run the floor and get some dunks. Q will look to microwave and have a game where he plays real mins here and there. I think Frank and Knoxs are dead. Other then some reps I think development is over for the this season. Lets try and win some games and build on it

Right but what exactly are we building if we would rather play vets instead of youth and win nonessential games, only to get a ****** draft pick and once again, NOT LAND A YOUNG STAR. What is the end game? What are we trying to do? New Orleans and every other rebuilding team, plays their kids and lose like NOLA is, just so they can once again add a stud next yr....

Knicks are in NO MANS land...mediocrity is the worst place to be in the NBA unless it's your kids that got you there.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    NOLA with Zion and Ingram, really hard to believe they aren't better, that might be the best young duo in the league. And Lonzo in theory should be a nice 3 & D piece for them, but his passing is a bit wasted with those 2 playmakers.

I think putting Adams next to Zion was a huge mistake, they'd probably be better with someone even like Noel who can roam and is more mobile.
    One of the worst defensive teams in the league and they are one of the worst teams in terms of spacing. Despite that, they are a very good offensive team, but it makes it easier for teams to play them like the Knicks did.

Right but what exactly are we building if we would rather play vets instead of youth and win nonessential games, only to get a ****** draft pick and once again, NOT LAND A YOUNG STAR. What is the end game? What are we trying to do? New Orleans and every other rebuilding team, plays their kids and lose like NOLA is, just so they can once again add a stud next yr....

Knicks are in NO MANS land...mediocrity is the worst place to be in the NBA unless it's your kids that got you there.
    I agree with you in terms of their approach and completely understand your point. I'm also sure some people will still jump in and deny the impact of the vets, despite guys like Obi and IQ playing less and less regardless of performance.

I think it's clear they want to continue to play the free agency/trade game. We just have to hope it finally works after trying it for almost all of the last 21 years.

We are building on Barrett, Randle, and Mitch. They will be more attractive to second trier free agents next year (the Balls and Trent Jr. of the league), Barrett will be a year older.... Do I think Thibs should have found a role for Quickley? Yes. Should Toppin seen 20 mins more then once or twice this year? I think that or Frank or Knox should gotten some run but we did elevate our stature and I think that matters

It's all about attracting stars to MSG. The more you win the more attractive the destination is.

Lmao at anything who thinks obi should be getting more minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Lmao at anything who thinks obi should be getting more minutes.
    He should. He a terrible week/10 days. Before and since he was about 15 per 36, 30% from 3, and 50% from two with better then expected defense while making a major adjustments, not being used in the way he accustomed to, and being coached hard. Given that performance and what we invested in taking him he should get a more opportunities. The hate some have for the kid is crazy

Last edited by ewing; 04-15-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Could not disagree more. To build respectability, you have to become respectable. Outside of Philly, NJ, and Milwaukee the Knicks could possibly win a playoff series. That gives you street cred in the NBA world. That is what forces a star player to demand s trade to your city. It's what makes other FA players actually want to play here. You can use that stockpiled draft capital to get exactly what you need.
    The Knicks could actually be one star away from being really really good.
    I know Steph Curry is not leaving GSW but you put him on this team and we can play with anyone.
    That is a foundation with building, and watching OBi grow doesn't do that for you.
    You need to show that you can win and compete to attract talent. If this team existed in 2018-19 Kevin Durant would be winning games at the Garden right now, not across town .
    We are on the cusp of greatness. It's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He should. He a terrible week/10 days. Before and since he was about 15 per 36, 30% from 3, and 50% from two with better then expected defense while making a major adjustments, not being used in the way he accustomed to, and being coached hard. Given that performance and what we invested in taking him he should get a more opportunities. The hate some have for the kid is crazy

None of that means he should get more minutes, he can get coached and practice without wasting our minutes away while we chase a playoff spot.

I think the Knicks believe they are developing their rookies every day whether or not they get a bunch of rookie year minutes. I think we ignore that many good organizations take this same approach with their rookies. We act like this treatment is permanent for Obi and IQ. This is rookie treatment. They will be involved heavily next year the same way Barrett is now. This is year 1 of a long career marathon. They are getting rookie treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think the Knicks believe they are developing their rookies every day whether or not they get a bunch of rookie year minutes. I think we ignore that many good organizations take this same approach with their rookies. We act like this treatment is permanent for Obi and IQ. This is rookie treatment. They will be involved heavily next year the same way Barrett is now. This is year 1 of a long career marathon. They are getting rookie treatment.
    I don't think they think that at all. They are asking them to put in work and make themselves fit into Thibs system. Development would involve Q in high screen roll like we see Burks at the end of games or at least trying to figure out a consistent role. Obi as a roller etc. I don't think guys should be guaranteed mins but I think you know Thibs is harder on them then other organizations. I also think you realize we are not giving them reps in the roles we are hoping for them to fill even in there limited mins

Last edited by ewing; 04-15-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Nunn, Herro, and Robinson were all rookies for the Heat last year, but it didn't matter. I disagree that most good organizations take this approach. IQ would be playing on almost any competing team despite him being a rookie. Thibs is just old school and stuck in his ways. Organizations today play players regardless of their tenure in the league as long as they can actually play.

Before you bring up RJ - He doesn't have a vet at his position and Thibs wasn't going to come in and bench him, just like he wasn't going to go into Minnesota and bench Towns. The Knicks had already identified RJ as a major piece moving forward.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast