Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 211
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Instead of telling me what I'm saying how about read what I'm saying before you continue to try and expand in order to change the subject?
    I've read every line you've written. What did I say there that isn't an accurate representation of your claims and opinions in this thread?

    How bout instead of constantly doubling down on this opinion you just admit you aren't very informed and might need to do further research?

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,142
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I've read every line you've written. What did I say there that isn't an accurate representation of your claims and opinions in this thread?

    How bout instead of constantly doubling down on this opinion you just admit you aren't very informed and might need to do further research?
    I've been very direct with my words. Pretty much every time you respond you say something along the lines of, "So what you're saying is" which shows that you're not even reading what I say and only trying to jam words into my mouth in order to launch a measly attack. It's really cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I've been very direct with my words. Pretty much every time you respond you say something along the lines of, "So what you're saying is" which shows that you're not even reading what I say and only trying to jam words into my mouth in order to launch a measly attack. It's really cute.
    I'm making logical conclusions from your assortment of illogical and false statements.

    Do you want to point to something specific? Or are you going to just continue with vague BS?

    What did I say that doesn't logically follow from the claims you've made?

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    What is "being tactful" mean, they have no incentive to negotiate in good faith with the current govt since we announced were leaving in Sept unconditionally.
    Sorry I was distracted.

    Making sure there are agreements in place in order to insure that the Taliban doesn't move in. I would but Turkey is going to play an important role.

    And we don't need to be in Afganistan to make life difficult for the Taliban.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    If he didn't pull out we'd be in the same position in Syria that we are in Afghanistan, and you'd be making a thread praising Biden for "pulling us put of Syria" the only positive that came out of Obama's disaster of a policy in Libya was that he didn't send troops in.

    Solemnity was 2nd in line to take over Iran after their current leader the Ayotola, he was the known success, and he was personally responsible for planning, training, funding and orchestrating terror groups throughout the region.
    The whole area is safer with him dead.
    Totally disagree. His replacement is just as devious.

    And you're wrong about everyone hating him in Iran. People are definitely split on their feeling about him.

    But the Iranians successfully used his death to have a "rally around the flag" response that massively toned down protesting. Even the people in Iran that don't like Solemani hate the idea of the USA killing their generals illegally.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    False. If we create a power vaccuum and hundreds of thousands of civilians die... that's blood on our hands.
    Oh, you mean like the one we created in Iraq? Almost had the Caliphate. Maybe we can get one in Afghanistan too.

    Look, I am as sick as anyone of this with all the blood of youths and treasure we have wasted in this place. I know I am a bit evil, but why haven't we used bunker busters and bombed these skumbags into submission?

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Oh, you mean like the one we created in Iraq? Almost had the Caliphate. Maybe we can get one in Afghanistan too.

    Look, I am as sick as anyone of this with all the blood of youths and treasure we have wasted in this place. I know I am a bit evil, but why haven't we used bunker busters and bombed these skumbags into submission?
    Bombed who exactly?

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Bombed who exactly?
    The Taliban. Sorry. I am mostly a libtard, but there is a hawkish element to my thinking. If you are committed to act in a certain way, you should expect consequences.

    According to the Navy Times 241,000 people have died in this war including 74.000 civilians, 2400 US Troops, 78,000 Afghan Military and 84,000 opposition fighters. We have also spent approximately 2 Trillion over the years we have been there. Perhaps decisive military action will eventually save lives.

    The death toll does not include those who died from disease, loss of access to food and water, infrastructure and other direct consequences of the war.
    Last edited by Blue6; 04-17-2021 at 10:33 AM.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    The Taliban. Sorry. I am mostly a libtard, but there is a hawkish element to my thinking. If you are committed to act in a certain way, you should expect consequences.

    According to the Navy Times 241,000 people have died in this war including 74.000 civilians, 2400 US Troops, 78,000 Afghan Military and 84,000 opposition fighters. We have also spent approximately 2 Trillion over the years we have been there. Perhaps decisive military action will eventually save lives.

    The death toll does not include those who died from disease, loss of access to food and water, infrastructure and other direct consequences of the war.
    It would cause a massive backlash from the rest of the world. Rally a ton of people to their cause and likely kill 100s of thousands of civilian deaths. Not to mention being an unethical massive war crime

    People get up in arms about our use of drones. Which are extremely efficient.

    It would be an awful decision that would likely make way to a domino effect if very bad things happening to America. Our allies would shun us and cut us off from Intel.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Oh, you mean like the one we created in Iraq? Almost had the Caliphate. Maybe we can get one in Afghanistan too.

    Look, I am as sick as anyone of this with all the blood of youths and treasure we have wasted in this place. I know I am a bit evil, but why haven't we used bunker busters and bombed these skumbags into submission?
    Bombing can only do so much, we dropped a helluva out of bombs on Vietnam and we couldn't subdue them. Nothing replaces foot on the ground in destroying an enemy and we don't have the armed troops to do that.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-17-2021 at 11:18 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    The Taliban. Sorry. I am mostly a libtard, but there is a hawkish element to my thinking. If you are committed to act in a certain way, you should expect consequences.

    According to the Navy Times 241,000 people have died in this war including 74.000 civilians, 2400 US Troops, 78,000 Afghan Military and 84,000 opposition fighters. We have also spent approximately 2 Trillion over the years we have been there. Perhaps decisive military action will eventually save lives.

    The death toll does not include those who died from disease, loss of access to food and water, infrastructure and other direct consequences of the war.
    You have a good way to determine exactly who is the bad guy and who is a bystander? Like they have in the first Iron Man movie? Some sort of AI that can just instantly read the scene and knows who has been naughty and nice?

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Bombing can only do so much, we dropped a helluva out of bombs on Vietnam and we couldn't subdue them. Nothing replaces foot on the ground in destroying an enemy and we don't have the armed troops to do that.
    No to all this.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,234
    That is why we shouldn't go to war lightly. Civilians are fair game in war. collateral damage like hospitals, and schools are often acceptable to accomplish the mission. Human errors can't be avoided in the fury of armed combat. War is hell on earth where it happens.

    I can't imagine being on an American city street during a bombing or trying to live in the rumble of my home.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-17-2021 at 11:30 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,220
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    It would cause a massive backlash from the rest of the world. Rally a ton of people to their cause and likely kill 100s of thousands of civilian deaths. Not to mention being an unethical massive war crime

    People get up in arms about our use of drones. Which are extremely efficient.

    It would be an awful decision that would likely make way to a domino effect if very bad things happening to America. Our allies would shun us and cut us off from Intel.
    Probably not all that bad for us, money always talks and US money still spends pretty good.

    That said I'm for massively increasing our support of UN intervention and making our military MUCH smaller. If the US left and the UN stepped in would you have the same issues with what will happen?

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,580
    1. We could easily blow any and every country to smithereens. We have more than enough fire power.

    2. Troops are mainly used for taking over places and occupying them. Not really necessary to blow **** up.

    3. Infantry soldier are becoming outdated. Outside of special ops we likely won't have human foot soldier sometime in the next 20-30 years.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •