Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 211
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,142
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Dude you are brain dead. You know what they could do instead?

    Say "we refuse trade with the US".

    Which even after massive sanction Iraq still traded us oil through the oil for food program. They were desperate to trade with anyone they were allowed to.

    Why couldn't we just exchange dollars for euros and buy the oil with euros?

    Why wouldn't we buy oil from the Saudis? Or Kuwait? Or Mexico? Or Brazil? Or Canada?
    Which is precisely what he did by saying he will only be accepting the Euro for his oil. What kills me is that you're the one calling me brain dead lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Which is precisely what he did by saying he will only be accepting the Euro for his oil. What kills me is that you're the one calling me brain dead lol.
    So you legitimately believe that you can only trade in your native currency.

    So by your logic when Iraq was using the dollar as currency for their oil they could only sell to America.

    You are brain dead

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,945
    Can't we all just rejoice in getting out of that country and bringing our troops home? Let's focus on that rather than the name calling.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,142
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    So you legitimately believe that you can only trade in your native currency.

    So by your logic when Iraq was using the dollar as currency for their oil they could only sell to America.

    You are brain dead
    It’s up to the seller what kind of currency they will accept for their product. Considering the Euro isn’t accepted in the USA it would make it impossible for the USA to deal in Euros. On top of that, the Euro is a higher currency than the dollar. If one of the World’s leading suppliers of oil at the time was only accepting the Euro it would put the dollar in jeopardy. Hence why you invaded Iraq.

    Keep trying to stuff words into my mouth though. The name calling is really cute too.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,210
    The country that messes with the petro-dollars system paid the price for doing so.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It’s up to the seller what kind of currency they will accept for their product. Considering the Euro isn’t accepted in the USA it would make it impossible for the USA to deal in Euros. On top of that, the Euro is a higher currency than the dollar. If one of the World’s leading suppliers of oil at the time was only accepting the Euro it would put the dollar in jeopardy. Hence why you invaded Iraq.

    Keep trying to stuff words into my mouth though. The name calling is really cute too.
    ]

    No to all. Every major country holds reserves of mainly the Euro, Pound, Yen, Yuan and of course the USD.

    Why would it put the USD in jeopardy? 60% of the world trade now is done in the USD. It wouldn't even dent that.

    I would suggest putting things in your brain before you let straight ******** pour out your mouth.

    And not as cute as someone trying to be condescending about world trade while sounding like a 3rd grader doing a book report where he only read the last chapter.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-15-2021 at 09:21 PM.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    ]

    No to all. Every major country holds reserves of mainly the Euro, Pound, Yen, Yuan and of course the USD.

    Why would it put the USD in jeopardy? 60% of the world trade now is done in the USD. It wouldn't even dent that.

    I would suggest putting things in your brain before you let straight ******** pour out your mouth.

    And not as cute as someone trying to be condescending about world trade while sounding like a 3rd grader doing a book report where he only read the last chapter.
    I dont think it would put the dollar in jeopardy, but it's certainly something the US doesnt want and it's certainly something the US is willing to go to war over.

    I dont think it's a make or break facet of the equation here, but its def SOMEWHERE in the equation.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,142
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    ]

    No to all. Every major country holds reserves of mainly the Euro, Pound, Yen, Yuan and of course the USD.

    Why would it put the USD in jeopardy? 60% of the world trade now is done in the USD. It wouldn't even dent that.

    I would suggest putting things in your brain before you let straight ******** pour out your mouth.

    And not as cute as someone trying to be condescending about world trade while sounding like a 3rd grader doing a book report where he only read the last chapter.
    Do you think it would've been that way if one of the World's largest oil suppliers chose to only sell his oil in Euro's back in 2001? I sure don't. Western oil companies were completely cut off from Saddam's oil before that phony war. You're working harder on your insults now. Bless your little heart.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 04-16-2021 at 01:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Western oil companies were completely cut off from Saddam's oil before that phony war. You're working harder on your insults now. Bless your little heart.
    I think this was the bigger reason for that war. They figured they would have iran surrounded and I'm pretty sure they were gonna be the next domino to fall. Guess we didnt really expect we wouldnt be able to defeat taliban.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Do you think it would've been that way if one of the World's largest oil suppliers chose to only sell his oil in Euro's back in 2001? I sure don't. Western oil companies were completely cut off from Saddam's oil before that phony war. You're working harder on your insults now. Bless your little heart.
    Are you honestly making this **** up on the fly You are massively contradicting yourself while being simultaneously wrong about everything.

    1. You realize when people talk about "the western world" they're talking about more than just the America's right? Like all of western Europe (the countries that use the Euro) would be considered the "western workd". So you're saying countries cannot trade with foreign currencies while simultaneously saying Iraq was choosing to use the Euro to cut the western world off.

    2. You are so unbelievably wrong about this. The "Western World" didn't get cut off from Iraq. It was the polar opposite. After the gulf War the UN signed sanctions that banned most trade with Iraq. These sanctions destroyed Iraqs economy and eliminated their revenue from oil till 96 when the oil for food act was signed.

    3. No. I don't believe any it. It makes no sense whatsoever. And I've never seen a shread of evidence to support this.

    Dude you deserve every insult. You are so ignorant and misinformed. And for some reason confident.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-16-2021 at 05:15 AM.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,308
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    You gotta em there.

    In fact, there was only one time in Canadian history where the Liberals and the Conservatives weren't the two largest parties, I think it was in the 90's when the liberals had a smaller coalition than the NDP. But that time was brief.
    Not that this is false, because it is but there's been quite a bit merging when it comes to political parties in Canada. That being said, elections held in 1921, 1993, 1997, 2000 and 2011 all resulted in either the Liberal or Conservative parties not being either in government or official opposition.

    Also, with our parliamentary style of government, we encounter minority governments from time to time. The last election, for example, saw Jagmeet Singh finish 4th with ~20% of the vote but with a liberal government he has the ability to side with the conservatives and take down the government. So the liberals have to cave to some of his demands to stay in power.

    And, going deeper, provincial elections have provided Premiers from NDP,.Green and the Seperatist Bloc Qubecois. Heck, even true blue Alberta has elected an NDP government recently and with Premier Kenny's mismanagement of Covid-19, they are threatening to do it again. And yes, Conservatives are blue up here while Liberals are red.

    Basically, we have a lot more options then you guys do and the leaders of the various opposition parties can get some of there platform passed into law with a minority government, which is not uncommon



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,837
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I think this was the bigger reason for that war. They figured they would have iran surrounded and I'm pretty sure they were gonna be the next domino to fall. Guess we didnt really expect we wouldnt be able to defeat taliban.
    Which is pretty ridiculous because we had just seen the second most powerful military on earth that was logistically far closer try and fail in this very venture a decade earlier.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,142
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Are you honestly making this **** up on the fly You are massively contradicting yourself while being simultaneously wrong about everything.

    1. You realize when people talk about "the western world" they're talking about more than just the America's right? Like all of western Europe (the countries that use the Euro) would be considered the "western workd". So you're saying countries cannot trade with foreign currencies while simultaneously saying Iraq was choosing to use the Euro to cut the western world off.

    2. You are so unbelievably wrong about this. The "Western World" didn't get cut off from Iraq. It was the polar opposite. After the gulf War the UN signed sanctions that banned most trade with Iraq. These sanctions destroyed Iraqs economy and eliminated their revenue from oil till 96 when the oil for food act was signed.

    3. No. I don't believe any it. It makes no sense whatsoever. And I've never seen a shread of evidence to support this.

    Dude you deserve every insult. You are so ignorant and misinformed. And for some reason confident.
    Instead of telling me what I'm saying how about read what I'm saying before you continue to try and expand in order to change the subject?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,210
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont think it would put the dollar in jeopardy, but it's certainly something the US doesnt want and it's certainly something the US is willing to go to war over.

    I dont think it's a make or break facet of the equation here, but its def SOMEWHERE in the equation.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It is what ties us to the Saudi and their allies, even when one of their own masterminded 9/11 with mostly Saudi-born terrorists doing the attack. Considering what has happened to those who don't use petro-dollar it seems very crucial to maintaining our empire. Also, I bet that all the western countries and second worlders use petro-dollars, but I could be wrong. That got to be a big contributor to the value of the dollar if I am right.

    Wars have been fought over the control of resources. By making the petro exchanges in dollars don't we gain some form of control of foreign oil resources?
    Last edited by WES445; 04-16-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    14,210
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I think this was the bigger reason for that war. They figured they would have iran surrounded and I'm pretty sure they were gonna be the next domino to fall. Guess we didnt really expect we wouldnt be able to defeat taliban.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They had that in Saddam. We back them in their bloody war with Iran, He also was an enemy of Al-Qaeda. Why invade a past ally and possible alliance with Iran's major enemy in a future conflict with Iran? If the hard-on Israelis have Iran, they would possibly form a stronger front against Iran with them siding with Iraq's Saddam, which was more stable during his rule.. Crazy huh, Isreal just sign a treaty with a couple of Arab nations last year. I just can't see blowing up all those possibilities unless it was Sadaam's move from petro-dollars.

    Funny, ISIS, and Iran have benefited more from our invasion of Iraq than we did, so what every our leaders reasons where I hope it was worth it for them. It wasn't for the country.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •