Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just our domestic legislative response alone was incredibly bad for us.
    Oh for sure. Just trying to keep the lens focused on the war aspect of it.

A bunch of people hijacked some airplanes and killed a lot of people with them. Figure out how to not let people hijack airplanes and kill people with them again and we're safe from the dangers we learned about on 9/11. Is this a hot take?

Like, I know people hate TSA but give me a nation full of pissed off air travelers over the endless wars and the surveillance state.
    HELLO

Add to the list of nasty craziness. 9/11 and Bin Laden were hoaxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

A bunch of people hijacked some airplanes and killed a lot of people with them. Figure out how to not let people hijack airplanes and kill people with them again and we're safe from the dangers we learned about on 9/11. Is this a hot take?

Like, I know people hate TSA but give me a nation full of pissed off air travelers over the endless wars and the surveillance state.
    Unfortunately we got both.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I actually know from people aware of that operation that Bin Laden's capture in Pakistan is legitimate.

Do you not think he was in Pakistan? Or that we didn't capture him at all? Do you even think he had a hand in 9/11?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I understand why you feel as you do, but you are the last person who should be lecturing anyone on propaganda or indoctrination. Clearly, you’ve consumed your fair share of it regarding 9/11.
    He appears to be quite the easy and willing victim when it comes to propaganda and indoctrination.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Lmao, the China one be cracking me up. I didnt even know the anti china brainwash was on full rev til like a year ago, lol. I see it a lot more now tho, I think at this point everyone sees they are surpassing us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh my. You are truly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Add to the list of nasty craziness. 9/11 and Bin Laden were hoaxes.
    lol, what's the hoax?

I just see business as usual. You smell something funny..?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I had very mixed feelings about the Solemani killing, Solemani wasn't on Iranian soil, he was meeting with enemies in Iraq, and while Ghaani might be as big of a jerk, he likely isn't as effective. Solemani was well known as one of the brightest minds when it comes to unconventional war far, and insurgency. Ghanni could be an even bigger jerk, but he likely isn't as bright Solemani.

That happened under Obama, Trump tried to leave Syria, and then the Pentagon lied to him about how many troops were in Syria, so he THOUGHT we were out, but we weren't.
    It happened again when Trump decided to leave Syria.

And whether they lied or not... it was a massive failure of a decision.

I don't see how the US benefited in any way from killing Solemani.

Let me say this for everyone applauding the US withdrawing troops from a country. Syria for example under Trump.

After we abandoned the Kurds, Turkey immediately pounced calling Trumps bluff of punishment if they did so.. Thousands of Kurds were killed. Over 100 thousand were forced to leave their homes. And the Kurds were forced to make a new alliance with Russia to prevent a genocide from Turkey. ISIS also was able to re-emerge. And Putin got exactly what he wanted (a weird coincidence that seems to always happen with Trump).

This is the main reason Trump lost the military vote.

We abandoned a people that looked up to us as a big brother. They shared our ideologies and goals and they were loyal through and through.

Trump abandoned the, taunted them and left the to die. And forced then into a deal with the devil. Causing an even bigger problem in the process.

So if you think all this is fine.... that says a lot about one's character. And it's why leaving these regions needs to be done intelligently.

So how many trillions of dollars are too much to continue these wars? As for our allies, we have being backstabbing our allies since the French and Indian wars. We back Saddam in Iraq in his war with Iran with our supplies and then invade him a decade later. If anyone sees the USA as a big brother to their nation, with our history, well, I pity them.

Quit with this abandonment crap, we abandon our own every day in this country. Flint Mich?
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Honestly if we could go back in time and not invade Iraq and the web of pointless conflicts from there. I would have no problem with a focused effort on Afghanistan. Our military right now is spread too thin to actually eradicate Al Quaeda from there but we've done damage.

But Afghanistan was a danger for the world when Al Quaeda had free reign to do what they want. And they were only increasing in threat. There very likely would have been more attacks around the world if the US hadn't pushed them back.

Economic sanctions on Venezuela undeniably have had a massive impact on Venezuela's economy. At the very least, I don't see how anyone could argue that we've actually had a positive impact on the people of Venezuela with our foreign policy. Or our foreign policy in general in that region for as long as any of us have been alive.

And you can say "haven't they always had these problems" but if you're saying so without examining the role American imperialism has played in almost the entire region that's kinda silly. We've been trying to topple every government and tank every economy of every country in Central/South America that we don't feel like will be an economic ally of ours. Including Venezuela! Multiple times!

I KNOW you don't think our handling of Venezeula has anything to do with the USA's benevolence and compassion for the Venezuelan people and not their oil and how it can benefit us. Same with Bolivia. Same with the other 50 regime changes and coups we've backed!

Leave 'em alone.

And that includes sanctions.

It's the same problem with the Middle East. We can't see how much of the problem in the region WE are. How many of the problems we see are because of OUR involvement. It's the same think in Central and South America. You can't ignore the negative impacts American imperialism has had in these regions. And using the instability that we often sew as a justification to continue our imperialism is some backwards *** circular logic to me!
    Glad to see at least one person sees the situation in Venezuela and America's foreign policy in general for what it truly is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    So how many trillions of dollars are too much to continue these wars? As for our allies, we have being backstabbing our allies since the French and Indian wars. We back Saddam in Iraq in his war with Iran with our supplies and then invade him a decade later. If anyone sees the USA as a big brother to their nation, with our history, well, I pity them.

Quit with this abandonment crap, we abandon our own every day in this country. Flint Mich?
    Lol. Embarrassing response.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Lol. Embarrassing response.
    Nope, he hit the nail on the head. Saddam dumped the dollar for the euro then immediately became an enemy who possessed invisible weapons of mass destruction. Truth hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Nope, he hit the nail on the head. Saddam dumped the dollar for the euro then immediately became an enemy who possessed invisible weapons of mass destruction. Truth hurts.
    Um... OK. Lol.

1. No. You think we invaded Iraq because they switched currencies??? LOLOLOL
    2. Why would that "truth" hurt?
    3. The massively stupid claim he made infers that these wars are the reason we don't help Americans. We had the money even in war. We chose to give tax breaks to billionnaires.
    4. His post show his morality and his blind nationalism where he's ok with genocide.

It's cool though. I'm already aware of Wes and his very narrow view of the world. Now I'm aware of yours too.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-15-2021 at 12:34 AM.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast