Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: James Dolan

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,325
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    Anyone with half a brain would've canned Mills way earlier. Dolan promoted him and then kept him around after he proved he was worthless.
    From 2013-2020 that's how long it took Dolan to fire Mills sorry moved him to a different department non Knicks related.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,325
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    Anyone defending Dolan is delusional. Plain and simple.

    He's still throwing fans out of the Garden who want him gone and say so via signs. So he basically hates freedom of speech. (I'm only kinda joking there.)

    Also, yes, he hired some dudes in the FO who are turning things around. But that's after how many tries?? Fairly certain it wasn't his idea alone to hire Rose and Wes. Let's give whoever advised Dolan the credit.

    And lastly, we're still not even that good of a team! Just because we're not the worst team in the league this year for the first time in decades does not mean we should shower Dolan with praise. Let's see the team compete for a chip before we even consider that.
    The only way I'll praise Dolan is if he goes to hell. "Praise Dolan for finally going to Hell"

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I never seen someone thank the person who created those problems in first and he fired Phil because of KP trade then few months later let Mills dump KP so did he fix problem or make it worse if not for Dolan we could have Brown or Tatum from Boston instead of Dsjr so thanks Dolan first class organization.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Exactly.

    But, I do give him credit for learning how to let go a bit as painfully slow a learner as he is.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Brybmc868 View Post
    Why doesnt Marc Cuban get any hate , that guy is in the media talks so much shot ,plus he was involved in that whole rasicst scandal thing not long ago , how come he doesnt get any hate his way .
    Marc Cuban isn't in charge of ruining my favorite basketball team.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3,369
    Well, partially due to the Pandemic it's been pretty uneventful in the boardroom of MSG Corp. That's a good thing considering all the sideshow clown events involving the owner.

    According to PTI co-host and Chicago Tribune journalist Michael Wilbon, the Knicks hire the most minorities of any NBA franchise. I wonder, corporations presents themselves like they're trying to do "good" but in reality they're asking you to do things that can be considered "not right." Over the last 20 yrs, there have been many groan inducing reports coming out of the Garden.

    Recently Karl Anthony Towns said, he doesn't know who Alex Rodriguez is. As much as it's difficult to believe I wonder if some security guards at the Garden know who Spike Lee and Patrick Ewing are? Clear as day most kids don't know what Bernard King looks like.

    Having said that, Dolan's plan to bring in ex-Sports Agency big wigs to rebuild the Knicks has an INC grade. The only move I know they can be credited, hiring Thibs. That's it.

    The rest is to be continued. People say to lay off Obi Toppin, ok but I'm also going to wait and see with Immanuel Quickley who could follow up a promising freshman year with a sophomore slump.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tri Borough, so thorough
    Posts
    4,733
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I never seen someone thank the person who created those problems in first and he fired Phil because of KP trade then few months later let Mills dump KP so did he fix problem or make it worse if not for Dolan we could have Brown or Tatum from Boston instead of Dsjr so thanks Dolan first class organization.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    It's the definition of Stockholm Syndrome.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,325
    They should add it into dictionary what's another word for horrible James Dolan.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,079
    First thing, I never thanked him. I called him a scumbag and said hes been miserable for 99% of his time as an owner, I only gave him credit for his most recent hires/fires. One can be objective about his hiring of Leon Rose and the current FO group without having to bring up his failures before that.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tri Borough, so thorough
    Posts
    4,733
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    First thing, I never thanked him. I called him a scumbag and said hes been miserable for 99% of his time as an owner, I only gave him credit for his most recent hires/fires. One can be objective about his hiring of Leon Rose and the current FO group without having to bring up his failures before that.
    Except all the hire did was take us out of contention for worst team in the league. He shouldn't be praised for that.

    If we ever become a team with championship aspirations, then MAYBE we can give him some credit. But again, I highly doubt Dolan came up with the idea to hire those guys all on his own, so let's give the credit to his advisors, if we're doling out praise.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,325
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    First thing, I never thanked him. I called him a scumbag and said hes been miserable for 99% of his time as an owner, I only gave him credit for his most recent hires/fires. One can be objective about his hiring of Leon Rose and the current FO group without having to bring up his failures before that.
    WTF has rose done besides hire Thibs that's worth saying huzzah the Knicks are doing good?

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    465
    Man we have won 4 in a row and are riding high! Why in the world would you even bring up his name? Can we just pretend he doesn't exist?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,079
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    WTF has rose done besides hire Thibs that's worth saying huzzah the Knicks are doing good?

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Yall are acting like I said he saved us, settle down. Im one of the most critical people in the forum, but Im not allowed to like the FO hirings so far?

    Leon Rose was a complete outside the box hiring. Everyone was pegging us to sign a highly experienced executive and we ended up doing the complete opposite. So far Rose has brought in WWW, Aller, Zanin, Thibs and a solid supporting coaching staff, etc. I like what hes done SO FAR. And I give Dolan credit for that without having to bring up his million other failures as an owner and human being (all of which are pretty well known and documented).

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,476
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Yall are acting like I said he saved us, settle down. Im one of the most critical people in the forum, but Im not allowed to like the FO hirings so far?

    Leon Rose was a complete outside the box hiring. Everyone was pegging us to sign a highly experienced executive and we ended up doing the complete opposite. So far Rose has brought in WWW, Aller, Zanin, Thibs and a solid supporting coaching staff, etc. I like what hes done SO FAR. And I give Dolan credit for that without having to bring up his million other failures as an owner and human being (all of which are pretty well known and documented).
    Again the FO finally seems functional but it took him 20 YEARS to get here. Its a disgrace truly and if he wasnt a tubby silver spoon baby who daddy gave his castle to on a silver platter hed probably be like a janitor or something. Spoiled brat Dolan and his ****** blues band doesnt impress me. At all.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,079
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Again the FO finally seems functional but it took him 20 YEARS to get here. Its a disgrace truly and if he wasnt a tubby silver spoon baby who daddy gave his castle to on a silver platter hed probably be like a janitor or something. Spoiled brat Dolan and his ****** blues band doesnt impress me. At all.
    I 100% agree but Im not bringing up his failures the last 20 years, those are well documented and have been talked about in here non-stop. Dolan is a scumbag and theres no way around that, Im simply giving him credit for getting the hirings right this time around, doesnt mean I like him or agree with his past decisions.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,476
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    I 100% agree but Im not bringing up his failures the last 20 years, those are well documented and have been talked about in here non-stop. Dolan is a scumbag and theres no way around that, Im simply giving him credit for getting the hirings right this time around, doesnt mean I like him or agree with his past decisions.
    K well then sure, as of today this is the best weve looked in years so Im more happy with them than I have been in a long time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •