Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Dolan

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Yall are acting like I said he saved us, settle down. Im one of the most critical people in the forum, but Im not allowed to like the FO hirings so far?

Leon Rose was a complete outside the box hiring. Everyone was pegging us to sign a highly experienced executive and we ended up doing the complete opposite. So far Rose has brought in WWW, Aller, Zanin, Thibs and a solid supporting coaching staff, etc. I like what hes done SO FAR. And I give Dolan credit for that without having to bring up his million other failures as an owner and human being (all of which are pretty well known and documented).
    He hired coaching staff big deal it's Thibs defense philosophy that's saving the team this season so all that it's added together in me asking what else has he done besides hire Thibs?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    He hired coaching staff big deal it's Thibs defense philosophy that's saving the team this season so all that it's added together in me asking what else has he done besides hire Thibs?

Disclaimer: I am not crediting Dolan here... hes horrible.

But the FO did maneuver late in the draft, pick Quickley, and Burks was a good signing. Noel has been a pretty good signing. And Id argue the DSJ for Rose trade has helped us as well.

The Kenny Payne hiring may have helped Randle as well. Not sure how much but that connection is there.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Disclaimer: I am not crediting Dolan here... hes horrible.

But the FO did maneuver late in the draft, pick Quickley, and Burks was a good signing. Noel has been a pretty good signing. And Id argue the DSJ for Rose trade has helped us as well.

The Kenny Payne hiring may have helped Randle as well. Not sure how much but that connection is there.
    IQ was all Kenny Payne pick so don't understand how that's being credited to Rose? Unless they bring in a star player or decide to stop wasting draft picks on bums and stop sleeping on trade deadline and draft night how are they any different from there predecessors?

With Mike Woodson gone to Indiana and Kenny Payne possibly leaving for a coaching gig at the end of the season, I'm wondering if this Front Office will search to replace them. I do credit this Front Office with finding the right balance with the coaching staff.

Now, having said that this franchise has to take a step forward...many questions remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    With Mike Woodson gone to Indiana and Kenny Payne possibly leaving for a coaching gig at the end of the season, I'm wondering if this Front Office will search to replace them. I do credit this Front Office with finding the right balance with the coaching staff.

Now, having said that this franchise has to take a step forward...many questions remain.
    Kenny Payne passed on the DePaul gig.

Damn still no credit ?
    The Knicks front office should win an award after this season . And if they win an award than I sure hope that Dolan will finally get the credit he deserves . For crying out loud we got

Julius randle -who should be in conversation for mvp .
    Who should win most improved.
    Who should be in the convo for at least one all nba team

IQ - should be in the convo for rookie of the year & should be in the convo for at least one of the all rookie teams

Nole -who should be in the convo for defensive player of the year
    And who should also be on the all defensive team as well either at the 4 or 5 position .

Than the players owe all the credit to there coach Tom thibs who should win coach of the year

And after all that you would think that the front office should be in the convo for GM of the year .

And owner jimmy dolan should win executive / owner of the year .

Go Knicks lets sweep the award show this year .

Quote Originally Posted by Brybmc868 View Post
    Damn still no credit ?
    The Knicks front office should win an award after this season . And if they win an award than I sure hope that Dolan will finally get the credit he deserves . For crying out loud we got

Julius randle -who should be in conversation for mvp .
    Who should win most improved.
    Who should be in the convo for at least one all nba team

IQ - should be in the convo for rookie of the year & should be in the convo for at least one of the all rookie teams

Nole -who should be in the convo for defensive player of the year
    And who should also be on the all defensive team as well either at the 4 or 5 position .

Than the players owe all the credit to there coach Tom thibs who should win coach of the year

And after all that you would think that the front office should be in the convo for GM of the year .

And owner jimmy dolan should win executive / owner of the year .

Go Knicks lets sweep the award show this year .
    95% of that wont happen. Could see Thibs winning coach of the year or at the very least receiving significant consideration. I also think Randle will win Most Improved Player and could earn one of the All NBA teams... all the other stuff is highly unlikely though.

Dolan...BAN DOLAN!!! My simple response. Nothin more, nothin less. He just don't deserve the energy. I mean look at the things he's done already and look at everythin certain Knicks alumni have had to go through in spite of Dolan like Oakley or even Ewing. Or don't get me started on how superfan Spike Lee has been treated by Dolan or even the staff at MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Dolan...BAN DOLAN!!! My simple response. Nothin more, nothin less. He just don't deserve the energy. I mean look at the things he's done already and look at everythin certain Knicks alumni have had to go through in spite of Dolan like Oakley or even Ewing. Or don't get me started on how superfan Spike Lee has been treated by Dolan or even the staff at MSG.
    I don't care about alumni or spike the guy has continued to hire one bozo after another a normal person would stop after few failures and accept he can't hire right ppl but Dolan is a trash who believes it's never his fault which is why he's been axing coaches and gms for two decades.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I don't care about alumni or spike the guy has continued to hire one bozo after another a normal person would stop after few failures and accept he can't hire right ppl but Dolan is a trash who believes it's never his fault which is why he's been axing coaches and gms for two decades.

Just as long as he stays out the way, yall won't have any problems

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Just as long as he stays out the way, yall won't have any problems
    Ha I thought the same way in 2012 not gone believe Dolan will stop meddling.

I dont think Dolan will demand anything with how things have turned around.

Also, I think Thibs would have no problem giving him a swift smack in the face. Thibs is boss around here.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I dont think Dolan will demand anything with how things have turned around.

Also, I think Thibs would have no problem giving him a swift smack in the face. Thibs is boss around here.
    Tell that to people in 2012 why Dolan and CAA forced trade for Barf then blamed it on Grunwald and fired him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123