Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Amazing for such a long run how few sure fire most of career guys played in NE. Brady, Gronk, Seymore, Vinaterri, is Bruschi a HOFer? Of course because of shenanigans like Peter King's HOF ****-erry I expect 2 very borderline guys to continually be a finalist to the point where the veteran committee thinks they were actually good and let them in.
    Bruschi probably wonít get in. I think he should though

McGinest and Harrison should absolutely be enshrined.

Wilfork should as well. But tough position for stats to prove it.

The rest are all legit I think. So not a HOF class like some of the other past dynastyís but still strong

-No brainers
    1. Belichick
    2. Brady
    3. Gronk
    4. Viniterri

-Have a solid case
    5. Harrison
    6. McGinest
    7. Wilfork
    8. Seymour

-Have a case (IMO) but probably wonít make the cut
    9. Bruschi
    10. Edelman

Then you have the HOFers that wonít be known as ďPatriotsĒ
    -Moss
    -Dillon (maybe)

They may get a OL or 2 on the ballot as well (Mankins, Light)

City of Champions

Richard Seymour not on the no brained list is grounds for incarceration. He was the best player on the team during their first 3 super bowl run. Itís a shame that he had to dominate as a 2 gap player can one gap because now he doesnít get his due as one of the handful of truly special defensive talents from the 2000s. Probably the most dominant defensive lineman most of us on this forum have watched and we donít even appreciate it. Very sad.

Bruschi, or Edelman or McGinest with better cases than Hightower is insanity as well. Hightower was a better player with more accolades than any of them in their careers AND he has as many if not more playoff moments than any of them.

There is no case for Edelman.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Richard Seymour not on the no brained list is grounds for incarceration. He was the best player on the team during their first 3 super bowl run. Itís a shame that he had to dominate as a 2 gap player can one gap because now he doesnít get his due as one of the handful of truly special defensive talents from the 2000s. Probably the most dominant defensive lineman most of us on this forum have watched and we donít even appreciate it. Very sad.

Bruschi, or Edelman or McGinest with better cases than Hightower is insanity as well. Hightower was a better player with more accolades than any of them in their careers AND he has as many if not more playoff moments than any of them.
    If Seymour was the no brainer you say he is, heíd already be in. I think heís 100% a HOFer but heís not in the class of BB, Brady, Gronk. A lot of that has to do with his position. But the above 3 are first ballot HOFerís... undoubtedly.

What accolades do you speak of? Heís been to 2 Pro Bowls. So did Willie. Bruschi went to 1.

Sacks/game
    Willie - .41
    Teddy - .16
    Donta - .25

Neither Willie or Donta ever had 100+ tackles.
    Teddy did 5 years (1 with 92)

Teddy 12 INTs, 17FF, 7FR and 4 TDs
    Willie 5 INTs, 16FF, 17FR and 2 TDs
    Donta 1 INT, 2FF, 5FR and 0 TDs

Teddy and Willie had far more game changing plays than Donta has had to date. I remember more Bruschi and Willie highlights in the playoffs than Donta (I remember 2, tackle against Lynch and FF on Ryan). Iím sure if I tried harder thereís a couple more but not off the top of my head

Playoffs!? We talking Playoffs!?
    Donta 78 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1 FR, 11TFL
    Willie 75 tackles, 16 sacks, 17 TFL
    Bruschi 119 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 2INT, 1 FF, 6FR, 1TFL

Nah bro. Donta isnít near the impact that Bruschi and Willie had

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    If Seymour was the no brainer you say he is, heíd already be in. I think heís 100% a HOFer but heís not in the class of BB, Brady, Gronk. A lot of that has to do with his position. But the above 3 are first ballot HOFerís... undoubtedly.

What accolades do you speak of? Heís been to 2 Pro Bowls. So did Willie. Bruschi went to 1.

Sacks/game
    Willie - .41
    Teddy - .16
    Donta - .25

Neither Willie or Donta ever had 100+ tackles.
    Teddy did 5 years (1 with 92)

Teddy 12 INTs, 17FF, 7FR and 4 TDs
    Willie 5 INTs, 16FF, 17FR and 2 TDs
    Donta 1 INT, 2FF, 5FR and 0 TDs

Teddy and Willie had far more game changing plays than Donta has had to date. I remember more Bruschi and Willie highlights in the playoffs than Donta (I remember 2, tackle against Lynch and FF on Ryan). Iím sure if I tried harder thereís a couple more but not off the top of my head

Playoffs!? We talking Playoffs!?
    Donta 78 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1 FR, 11TFL
    Willie 75 tackles, 16 sacks, 17 TFL
    Bruschi 119 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 2INT, 1 FF, 6FR, 1TFL

Nah bro. Donta isnít near the impact that Bruschi and Willie had
    Well no, Seymour is not in the class of Brady, Gronk or BB who are all probably the absolute GOATs of their positions. But itís an absolute joke he was t first ballot and still isnít in. Thereís no intelligent argument against it. Pure idiocy from voters.

I said Hightower had as many or more postseason honors than Bruschi or Willie. Hightower has two pro bowls which is more than Bruschiís one and ties Willieís 2. Hightower made one all pro team while neither Bruschi nor Willie ever did. So as I said, as many or more.

Hightower is undoubtedly a better player than Bruschi ever was. Like itís not even a question to me. Bruschi was never a guy who had any place on any top 5 LB lists. Hightower hasnít had the durability, but when he has played heís legitimately one of the elite at his position.

Willie was definitely closer to an elite player. A little under appreciated for how much of an absolute beast he was be the run, and in an era where that mattered more. But I really donít think he was ever someone worth legitimate mention as among the cream of the crop at their position like Hightower has been.

I honestly canít remember a single big postseason play from Bruschi or Willie. I know Bruschi had an INT vs PHI but it wasnít like a do or did situation. I remember Willie absolutely ragdolling STLs OL the next series after his defensive holding wiped out Tebucky Jonesí return TD on what ended up STLs first TD drive after that. Tons of amazing regular season memories but honestly cannot remember any individually game changing postseason moments.

None of these 3 guys have any resumes worth HOF discussions if weíre being honest. Any argument for them would be acknowledging their contributions to one of the most important eras in NFL history. And Hightowerís game changing plays have come in the SB while Bruschiís and Willies did not, and Hightower had more regular season honors than either. I just donít see how thereís even the slightest argument to be made that Willie or especially Bruschi deserve to be in over him. They were just more vocal and widely liked by Patriots fans.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Well no, Seymour is not in the class of Brady, Gronk or BB who are all probably the absolute GOATs of their positions. But itís an absolute joke he was t first ballot and still isnít in. Thereís no intelligent argument against it. Pure idiocy from voters.

I said Hightower had as many or more postseason honors than Bruschi or Willie. Hightower has two pro bowls which is more than Bruschiís one and ties Willieís 2. Hightower made one all pro team while neither Bruschi nor Willie ever did. So as I said, as many or more.

Hightower is undoubtedly a better player than Bruschi ever was. Like itís not even a question to me. Bruschi was never a guy who had any place on any top 5 LB lists. Hightower hasnít had the durability, but when he has played heís legitimately one of the elite at his position.

Willie was definitely closer to an elite player. A little under appreciated for how much of an absolute beast he was be the run, and in an era where that mattered more. But I really donít think he was ever someone worth legitimate mention as among the cream of the crop at their position like Hightower has been.

I honestly canít remember a single big postseason play from Bruschi or Willie. I know Bruschi had an INT vs PHI but it wasnít like a do or did situation. I remember Willie absolutely ragdolling STLs OL the next series after his defensive holding wiped out Tebucky Jonesí return TD on what ended up STLs first TD drive after that. Tons of amazing regular season memories but honestly cannot remember any individually game changing postseason moments.

None of these 3 guys have any resumes worth HOF discussions if weíre being honest. Any argument for them would be acknowledging their contributions to one of the most important eras in NFL history. And Hightowerís game changing plays have come in the SB while Bruschiís and Willies did not, and Hightower had more regular season honors than either. I just donít see how thereís even the slightest argument to be made that Willie or especially Bruschi deserve to be in over him. They were just more vocal and widely liked by Patriots fans.
    Hightower has never been and never will be a top 5 LB. thatís absurd. I love Hightower but you need to take the blinders off on that one. Heís a great player - heís not what you make him out to be though.

McGinest 2 biggest plays in my mind are on par with Hightowerís. His goal line stand against the Colts and his Sack in the SuperBowl that all but ended the Rams momentum for a comeback. Not to mention he has the most sacks in postseason history. But letís just glaze past that tidbit.

McGinnest is a legit HOFer

As I said Bruschi likely not, but I think he has a case

Hightower is a great player. But outside of 2 big SB plays idk what your argument is.

City of Champions

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567