Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Julian Edelman to retire

If true itís been one hell of a run. Not really that surprising due to the nagging knee. I just hope he doesnít pull a Brett Favre
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp
    Last edited by BSF101; 04-12-2021 at 05:58 PM.

One of my all time favorite players to watch. Incredible career. One of the most difficult players in the league to defend and one of the most clutch WRís of all time. Incredible story - they donít make many like him. Always a shame when an injury ends a career, but he certainly made the most of his opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    One of my all time favorite players to watch. Incredible career. One of the most difficult players in the league to defend and one of the most clutch WRís of all time. Incredible story - they donít make many like him. Always a shame when an injury ends a career, but he certainly made the most of his opportunities.
    Not a bad career for a guy who was picked 232? In the 7th round.
    Second most postseason receptions in post season history, 3sbs and one SB MVP all in a 11 year span.
    Last edited by BSF101; 04-12-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Vince to Gronk

He wonít but he should be in the hall of fame one day. He was so important to the second part of the pats dynasty. Maybe even more important then gronk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    He wonít but he should be in the hall of fame one day. He was so important to the second part of the pats dynasty. Maybe even more important then gronk

I hope he's inducted in one day but guys like Eli Manning probably will be all because he upset the Patriots chances at going 19-0
    And him being Peyton's brother.

Vince to Gronk

How long until he's playing for the Bucs?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    How long until he's playing for the Bucs?
    I feel like his knee is non existent at this point. If he goes to TB it'll be as a water boy.

Amazing that Julian ended up with 3 more rings (3 to 0) than the often more celebrated Wes Welker.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Donít get me wrong Iím team Edelman is NOT a HOFer, but.,,

Meh, a little misleading to use Edelmans career numbers. It misrepresents the player people think of him as. He was a starting WR for 5 full seasons and got 530/5800 of his yards and he missed half of one of those seasons. That pace is the player people envision him as.

I get that Edelman has the postseason success. Not just the numbers but also some very iconic moments. If he had the longevity of playing at that pace he was at in his starter years for another 5 years to bring it to a decade long career of being very good PLUS the postseason stuff Iíd here an argument. But he was just very good, not great, for a pretty short period of time if weíre talking HOF careers. The postseason stuff just canít make that up for me.

Ward basically had that very good not great but longevity career Iím talking about. But even winning a SB MVP I donít view his postseason legacy as iconic enough to push him to HOF. Edelmanís I would have if he had the career to warrant discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Amazing that Julian ended up with 3 more rings (3 to 0) than the often more celebrated Wes Welker.
    Edelman's clutch post season play is probably the reason for that. Welker dropped what could've been a SB winning 1st down while Edelman caught what should've been a SB losing incompletion.

Hes definitely not a HOFer, but it's worth saying Tom Brady might have 2-3 less rings if he didn't have him. For sure doesn't beat ATL, but not but beat LAR without his SBMVP performance.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Donít get me wrong Iím team Edelman is NOT a HOFer, but.,,

Meh, a little misleading to use Edelmans career numbers. It misrepresents the player people think of him as. He was a starting WR for 5 full seasons and got 530/5800 of his yards and he missed half of one of those seasons. That pace is the player people envision him as.

I get that Edelman has the postseason success. Not just the numbers but also some very iconic moments. If he had the longevity of playing at that pace he was at in his starter years for another 5 years to bring it to a decade long career of being very good PLUS the postseason stuff Iíd here an argument. But he was just very good, not great, for a pretty short period of time if weíre talking HOF careers. The postseason stuff just canít make that up for me.

Ward basically had that very good not great but longevity career Iím talking about. But even winning a SB MVP I donít view his postseason legacy as iconic enough to push him to HOF. Edelmanís I would have if he had the career to warrant discussion.
    The tweet came from a space where someone said Edelman is a HOF player and Hines isnít. Their per game numbers are pretty on par with each other, so the guy was trying to highlight that if you put Edelman in for things unrelated to stats, you are doing a disservice to the guys who put up the stats.

Iím in team ďnot a HOFerĒ for both guys actually. They are both in my HOG (Hall of Great) because they were really good, just not all time good. And if Edelman does get in, it continues me issue of voting lately, in that stories are better than performance. (Honestly I think thatís the only reason Warner was 1st ballot)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The tweet came from a space where someone said Edelman is a HOF player and Hines isnít. Their per game numbers are pretty on par with each other, so the guy was trying to highlight that if you put Edelman in for things unrelated to stats, you are doing a disservice to the guys who put up the stats.

Iím in team ďnot a HOFerĒ for both guys actually. They are both in my HOG (Hall of Great) because they were really good, just not all time good. And if Edelman does get in, it continues me issue of voting lately, in that stories are better than performance. (Honestly I think thatís the only reason Warner was 1st ballot)

I agree neither are HOF, but I think Edelman's case revolves around his post season accolades, which Heins can't hold a candle to.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I agree neither are HOF, but I think Edelman's case revolves around his post season accolades, which Heins can't hold a candle to.
    Hines*

Also itís a bit closer than it initially looks. Plus Hines had Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Byron Leftwich, Mike Tomczak, Kent Graham throwing him the ball in a running era.

Edelman had Tom Brady.

Additionally:

https://twitter.com/averyperri/statu...485299713?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Not a bad career for a guy who was picked 232? In the 7th round.
    Second most postseason receptions in post season history, 3sbs and one SB MVP all in a 11 year span.
    As opposed to second most post season receptions in... regular season history?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast