Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cardinals (5-4) vs. Nationals (1-5) April 12-14

vs

Monday, April 12, 6:45 PM CT

Erick Fedde
    RHP, 0-1, 27.00 ERA, 1 SO
    Fedde, who is stepping in while the Nats' starting rotation is shorthanded, will make his second start of the season after allowing five runs off six hits over 1 2/3 innings last Wednesday against the Braves. This will be his first career start in St. Louis.
    vs.

John Gant
    RHP, 0-0, 0.00 ERA, 4 SO
    Injuries in the rotation have pushed Gant into a starting role after he pitched exclusively in relief the past two seasons. In his first 2021 outing, Gant allowed one unearned run in four innings against the Marlins on Tuesday.
    Tuesday, April 13, 6:45 PM CT

Stephen Strasburg
    RHP, 0-0, 0.00, 8 SO
    Strasburg battled Cardinals' starter Jack Flaherty in Game 3 of the 2019 National League Championship Series. He struck out 12 over seven innings that day in the Nationals' 8-1 victory.
    vs.

Jack Flaherty
    RHP, 1-0, 5.223 ERA, 10 SO
    Flaherty will be looking to build off a modest mark he set last his time out, becoming the first Cards pitcher to reach the sixth inning this season. Good news -- it'll be his 2021 Busch Stadium debut, where he owns a 2.78 ERA in 36 career games.
    Wednesday, April 14, 12:15 PM CT

Joe Ross
    RHP, 0-0, 0.00 ERA 4 SO
    Ross is riding the momentum of throwing five scoreless innings in his first start of the season on Friday vs. the Dodgers. He has not pitched in St. Louis since April 30, 2016, nearly five years ago.
    vs.

Adam Wainwright
    RHP, 0-1, 8.22 ERA, 7 SO
    Wainwright didn't have his best stuff, but he battled for five innings of one-run ball against the Brewers in the home opener his last time out. He'll face the Nationals, against whom he owns a 3.10 lifetime ERA.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals

Be nice if we could stop giving up first inning leads..

whew.... Gant is scaring the crap out of me. Good to get out of that jam.

This lineup is pathetic. Why does the front office trust dudes like Bader, Oneil, and Thomas? Need some veteran type of outfielders. These dudes are not the answer. Williams doesnt impress me either. Not spectacular #'s by no means in the minors.
    Last edited by scottyballgame; 04-12-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Nice job by Edman and Carp!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyballgame View Post
    This lineup is pathetic. Why does the front office trust dudes like Bader, Oneil, and Thomas? Need some veteran type of outfielders. These dudes are not the answer. Williams doesnt impress me either. Not spectacular #'s by no means in the minors.

I thought Austin Dean deserved another start after going 2-4 yesterday. I think he has the most promise outside of Carlson to be an every day player.

Yeah..probably. Oneil is a waste. He is what he is. Same with Bader. These dudes are not just going to all of a sudden figure it out. Yet some of the ones they got rid of and hardly ever gave them a chance came back and bit them.

What's sad is even with Nolan A., this is still a boring team to watch. Need more hitters in this lineup. Need another top starter as well.

Shildt made a big mistake by not pinch hitting for Gant in the 5th with two on. He had given you 5 strong innings... why push it?

Goldy?? Whats the deal with this dude?

Nice bomb Yadie!

Yadi doing his best to help this team win.

The lack out outfield production is crazy. I'm not sure why Williams is getting starts when Dean hit well in spring training and has done fine with his few chances so far this year in the bigs. Plus Dean has great minor league numbers compared to Williams' very average minor league numbers.

More production from Goldie would be nice too

Goldie will turn it around. I still can't get over Shildt leaving Gant in the ball game after 5 innings. I would have given him a 6th IF there hadn't been two on with 1 out in the bottom half of the inning. However, you have to take that chance.

Instead... you don't score in the 5th, give up 2 runs in the 6th... and now we're trying to play catch up.

Goldie mustíve heard the complaining... 1-0 already haha

Nolan with a 2 run bomb... 3-1 good guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast