Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HOME OPENER: Cardinals (4-2) vs. Brewers (3-3) April 8-11

vs

Thursday, April 8, 3:15 PM CT

Corbin Burnes
    RHP, 0-1, 1.42 ERA, 11 SO
    What does Burnes have in store for an encore? His season debut was a pitching duel for the ages with Minnesota's Jose Berrios, as both righties took perfect games into the fifth inning and no-hitters into the seventh.
    vs.

Adam Wainwright
    RHP, 0-1, 20.25 ERA, 1 SO
    Wainwright will be starting his sixth home opener -- but none may be more impactful than this one. It'll be the first game with fans at Busch Stadium in over a year, on top of the fact that the 39-year-old's future is unclear after his one-year deal expires.
    Saturday, April 10, 1:15 PM CT

Adrian Houser
    RHP, 0-1, 3.60 ERA, 4 SO
    When Houser is on, he's a ground-ball machine. He did a good job of that in his season debut against the Twins following a shaky first inning. He'll be seeing the Cardinals with fresh eyes; Houser didn't start against them last year.
    vs.

Carlos Martinez
    RHP, 0-1, 7.20 ERA, 4 SO
    Martínez was perfect through three innings his last time out before getting bit by Nick Castellanos -- twice. Martínez recorded six whiffs on his slider but allowed hard contact on the cutter.
    Sunday, April 11, 1:15 PM CT

Brett Anderson
    LHP, 0-1, 7.20 ERA, 4 SO
    Tame the Cardinals' big boys, and Anderson could be all right. Paul Goldschmidt (10-for-18, two homers) and Nolan Arenado (6-for-15, two homers) have given the southpaw trouble in his career to date.
    vs.

Daniel Ponce de Leon
    RHP, 1-0, 1.80 ERA, 3 SO
    Ponce de Leon will make his first home start after securing the Cards rotation's first win on Monday in Miami. He may very well mix in some secondary pitches after throwing nearly 90 percent four-seamers last time out, successfully limiting walks in the process.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals

FINALLY

I love opening day. Lots of momentum going into today as well. I'm confident with Waino on the bump today

Need to get some quality pitching this series. Carpenter needs to not be hitting 5th. Maybe bump up Carlson to the 2 or 5 hole.

Will be good to see Wong back. Hopefully he doesn't become a thorn in our side when we play the brew crew lol. Arenado's first at bat in St. Louis will be big.

I heard Carpenter talking to another player and he was asked where was he going to hit the ball. Even tho the Brewers had their whole roster on the right side he said "I'm gonna pull it.". He struck out!! Ok...not really but if he had of hit the ball you know that was where it was going.

Burnes is nasty

What a moment for Arenado!

That's why they're paying Arenado the big bucks!!! Great win.

Carp sent one for quite the ride, but an out is an out... he needs to figure it out.

What an ending!

Not sure how long Goldy will be out but in any case give Nogowski a start even in LF and move O'Neill to RF.
    Carpenter is not getting it done in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Not sure how long Goldy will be out but in any case give Nogowski a start even in LF and move O'Neill to RF.
    Carpenter is not getting it done in the lineup.
    I'll take Carp over O'Neill at the plate right now... holy cow Tyler looks bad. Luckily for him, defense doesn't slump... he'll keep getting the starts.

We need to find someone to give Arenado some protection in the lineup..

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I'll take Carp over O'Neill at the plate right now... holy cow Tyler looks bad. Luckily for him, defense doesn't slump... he'll keep getting the starts.
    They both suck at the plate right now.

Don’t agree with Webb coming in the game here..

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    At least O'neal gets a hit occasionally. Carpenter does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by OsageJ View Post
    At least O'neal gets a hit occasionally. Carpenter does nothing.
    O'Neill and his .179 OBP with 14 strike outs.... I'll take Carpenter's .286 obp.

It certainly is which turd sandwich you prefer. Both are horrible right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast