Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Red Wings announce Blashill extension, Dan Bylsma is out

UPDATE: #RedWings executive vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman today announced that Jeff Blashill has agreed to a contract extension to remain head coach of the Red Wings.
    Additionally, Yzerman announced that assistant coach Dan Bylsma will pursue other NHL opportunities in 2021-22.
    via the red wings facebook page

The PP will improve just from Dan "Abysmal: Bylsma leaving. Not thrilled with Blash coming back but w/e, the rebuild is still years off.

it's funny to me that we keep this guy around so we'll lose more

and dude is actually trying to win

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    via the red wings facebook page

The PP will improve just from Dan "Abysmal: Bylsma leaving. Not thrilled with Blash coming back but w/e, the rebuild is still years off.
    I had a feeling that they were going to bring him back. Once Yzerman completes the rebuild he will let him go. I guess for me since I grew up during the streak this really sucks but I know greener pastures are on the horizon.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

2 year extension according to Pierre LeBrun

I wanted him gone. I still want him gone.

However, this move essentially says to the fan base that we are still rebuilding. No sense in bringing in a new guy if you believe, talent wise, that we are still a few years away.