Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    We scored three runs, but does it feel like we put up 10 to anyone else?
    Feels like weíve put up 15. At least to me lol

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Ok Kimbrel.

Sit these ****ers down

1 pitch.
    Ü

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

Jon "You get your 10 years its a huge honor! You got yours!?" Jim "Uh, no" Our cringeworthy booth perfect for the 2021 team.

Finally!

#FlyTheW

Kimbrel keeping his trade value up
    Lol

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Looks like tonite shows the recipe we'll need to follow to win games this year. Hope the pitching keeps us within striking distance till late in the game one Cubs hitter connects with someone on base, then hope Kimbfel can hold a 1-run lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Get out ball. Willy! Absolutely hammered.
    You have to be to watch the Cubs offense.
    Screw sabermetics.

Cubs hit balls on the grass today can't believe it.

Cubs have a 228 wOBA on fastballs down the heart of the plate, a full 40 pts lower than the 29th worst team, the Marlins.

I think that pretty much says all we need to know.

That really shouldn't even be possible. Like you should be able to throw a Double-A team out there and expect better output.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Cubs have a 228 wOBA on fastballs down the heart of the plate, a full 40 pts lower than the 29th worst team, the Marlins.

I think that pretty much says all we need to know.

That really shouldn't even be possible. Like you should be able to throw a Double-A team out there and expect better output.
    I mean, if everything holds up, it's a good thing we didn't waste more money this year (like so many on this board wanted) when we're not even close to competing.
    Ü

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I mean, if everything holds up, it's a good thing we didn't waste more money this year (like so many on this board wanted) when we're not even close to competing.
    Waste money? It doesn't rollover. Plenty of people would have been fine with an actual teardown. Instead they were unwilling to eat any money to make trades, throw in money to improve prospects, or spend money on guys who might play well and then be traded at the deadline. So they are just mediocre as expected on a low budget. There are plenty of ways they could have been better on a higher budget, or been mediocre, but building to the future on a higher budget. Don't worry, the Ricketts pockets are definitely safe this year, but the team will never see any benefit from it.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 04-14-2021 at 02:37 AM.

Never doubted them for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Waste money? It doesn't rollover. Plenty of people would have been fine with an actual teardown. Instead they were unwilling to eat any money to make trades, throw in money to improve prospects, or spend money on guys who might play well and then be traded at the deadline. So they are just mediocre as expected on a low budget. There are plenty of ways they could have been better on a higher budget, or been mediocre, but building to the future on a higher budget. Don't worry, the Ricketts pockets are definitely safe this year, but the team will never see any benefit from it.
    Itís not like we havenít seen them raise payroll in the past when they mistakenly thought the team was closer to being competitive? Donít get me wrong, Iíd still rather have LAís owners with their unlimited finances, but Iím not sure I put a ton of stock in a lot of the backseat quarterbacking when a lot of the predictions for the team have been so terribly wrong because again, this team is only a couple moves from being able to be truly competitive, . Maybe they didnít go all in on a rebuild (considering that so many here were advocating for the polar opposite, but itís pretty clear now they took a step in the right direction).

I think we have to recognize how wrong so many of the people on this board were in evaluating what we had this year (it is still early, but oof). Maybe some of our hitters wake up, but itís highly doubtful the starting pitching and bullpen continue to be able to offset that enough to even keep us in games. It feels very fortunate for us to be at 5-6 even, and thatís having played the pirates in that small sample size. Will all those posters arguing that the team should just go all in to win ever have any accountability? Doubtful.
    Last edited by Crusader; 04-14-2021 at 09:50 AM.
    Ü

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast