Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 33.33%
  • Split

2 66.67%
  • Sox Win Series

0 0%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Yup. Having a Twitter account qualifies as a reputable journalist. Of course they all have the same take... that is why they are called Twitter ďfollowersĒ. But keep going.....
    There is something to be said about building that kind of reputation.

For instance, Andrew Shaw was and has been my least favorite Hawks player in the last 10 years, he was dirty. Do not like him.

Both former players in the post game show said Eaton was definitely pushed off the bag and had no issue with Eatonís response. I put a little more weight in a former playerís perspective than a grudge holding media rat, who
    the closest he has gotten to sniffing a baseball diamond was the protective cups in the locker room.
    The white sox former players will not throw a player under the bus in the post game show. Negative chance.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 04-15-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

It wasn't malicious, but what the Indians player did was definitely crafty and intentional. He used his leg to dislodge Eaton's hand from the base. Eaton gave him the tiniest nudge saying wtf dude, and he had every right to be mad that he was called out. As for the 2nd shove by Eaton, also a tiny nudge, it was just to tell the other guy to get TF out of my face. He's an emotional player. He made a great read and hustle play, that he was safe on, and would have put us in a great position to go up 2-0 early, which could have changed the game from a mental stand point.

I'm not going to complain that they weren't able to overturn it. It was bang bang, but he knew exactly what he was doing when he used his leg to get him off the bag. Eaton did nothing wrong on that play.

Full on shoving someone that didnt hit or shove you is out of line. Ill agree the second one was a light one.

If by emotional you mean he has little man syndrome then i agree, he's hotheaded.

Im not intending to be dismissive. I just disagree personally. Obviously im in the minority here [emoji12]

Ill take journalistic research over team propoganda any day

Last edited by blams; 04-15-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Full on shoving someone that didnt hit or shove you is out of line. Ill agree the second one was a light one.

If by emotional you mean he has little man syndrome then i agree, he's hotheaded.

Im not intending to be dismissive. I just disagree personally. Obviously im in the minority here [emoji12]

Full on lol. You'd sound like the type that might press charges for assault over that type of things lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Full on lol. You'd sound like the type that might press charges for assault over that type of things lol.
    Pressing charges over someone shoving you is still better than actually shoving someone. Keep your hands to yourself and stay composed like a big boy lol. Obviously we're talking extremes here, without an injury there's not much you can do. Youll just waste your time and money grt nowhere.

But, no. I personally would not.

You seriously dont think, with how emotionally reactive eaton is and his love of "unwritten rules", that he's the kind of piece of **** that would get into bar fights, or walks around waiting for guys to check out his wife or gf and start ****? Thats the exact vibe i get.

Last edited by blams; 04-15-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Click here to register!

Pressing charges over someone shoving you is still better than actually shoving someone. Keep your hands to yourself and stay composed like a big boy lol. Obviously we're talking extremes here, without an injury there's not much you can do. Youll just waste your time and money grt nowhere.

But, no. I personally would not.

You seriously dont think, with how emotionally reactive eaton is and his love of "unwritten rules", that he's the kind of piece of **** that would get into bar fights, or walks around waiting for guys to check out his wife or gf and start ****? Thats the exact vibe i get.

I donít get that from him in the slightest. I see him as a true competitor. I mean I was an undersized, but fairly good athlete, and Iíve never been in a bar fight, but Iíve definitely had my fair share of altercations on a baseball field, soccer pitch, football field. I def play with a chip on my shoulder, but anyone undersized knows thatís kind of necessary to make it in a big mans world of sports. The fact is people donít like getting out worked by the little man.

The only knock I ever had on Eaton was he plays with so much heart and effort that he will kill him self on a wall one day. **** Iíve ran into my fair share of fences in baseball too. Granted most high school fields didnít have a warning track lol.

Well, letís just appreciate him for what he has been so far this season. One of our most productive hitters and a bargain so far. Weíll worry about the what ifs, when and if they happen. Iím not going to dwell on the doom and gloom of Chicken Little telling me the sky is going to fall. So far, so good.

Well, letís just appreciate him for what he has been so far this season. One of our most productive hitters and a bargain so far. Weíll worry about the what ifs, when and if they happen. Iím not going to dwell on the doom and gloom of Chicken Little telling me the sky is going to fall. So far, so good.
    Precisely

I think the sox can win with Eaton.

Click here to register!

Sheesh, that would be a tough one to mod im thankful im not , lol

It should be a paid position until all the banning is done
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

No, that isnt what i said.

It shows how safe vaccines are that 6 clots out of 7 million stop it.

The player that refused the vaccine at the time didnt have any scientific data to support the decision to opt out. (Unless it was a health exception of course)

The CDC is proceeding with caution, as they should.
    You don't need anything outside of the right answer to be right. Steps taken can be wrong, but right is right no matter how one gets there.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You don't need anything outside of the right answer to be right. Steps taken can be wrong, but right is right no matter how one gets there.
    You can have the right conclusion, but without steps taken to actually get there it isnt a viable one.

We're saying the same thing, i think [emoji16]
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It should be a paid position until all the banning is done
    I almost said that! Haha

Click here to register!

You can have the right conclusion, but without steps taken to actually get there it isnt a viable one.

We're saying the same thing, i think [emoji16]I almost said that! Haha

Agree and Agree

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    It wasn't malicious, but what the Indians player did was definitely crafty and intentional. He used his leg to dislodge Eaton's hand from the base. Eaton gave him the tiniest nudge saying wtf dude, and he had every right to be mad that he was called out. As for the 2nd shove by Eaton, also a tiny nudge, it was just to tell the other guy to get TF out of my face. He's an emotional player. He made a great read and hustle play, that he was safe on, and would have put us in a great position to go up 2-0 early, which could have changed the game from a mental stand point.

I'm not going to complain that they weren't able to overturn it. It was bang bang, but he knew exactly what he was doing when he used his leg to get him off the bag. Eaton did nothing wrong on that play.
    The Cleveland infielder stood on the base in a way that prevented Eaton from even standing up or maintaining his balance, i.e., interference.
    The league should address that BS call before it evolves into a bad precedent. A defender should not be able to dislodge a base runner's foot or even to stand on a base if he is interfering with a base-runner.
    I am still upset about it because it changed the momentum of that game. Instead of second and third with no outs, it became man on third one out. That is a far simpler situation for a pitcher and a defense to deal with early in a game. You just concede the run and you are 1/3 the way to getting out of the inning. Very unfortunate.

Edited to add:
    I watched the replay frame by frame. Giminez used his left leg to dislodge Eaton's left hand from the base. The second base ump was ten feet behind the bag and was watching Eaton's right hand and the tag....not the interference that clearly took place on the other side of the base to Eaton's left hand.
    The ump was emphatic with his out call which must have influenced the crew chief that he got the call right. The bad call would have been reversed if it was reviewable, which it should have been.

Hey, but when you have effed up rules for 7 inning games and resurrect a 9th inning out as a ghost base runner in the 10th, why do sh1t that makes sense?
    ANY umpire call should be reviewable at the discretion of a Manager who should have the right to two challenges per game (and more if he gets a call right similar to the NFL challenge rule).

I also am starting to lean in favor of an electronic strike zone or some hybrid form of it. Too many bad calls and sh1tty rules right now.
    Last edited by garypeters; 04-17-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Agree 100%. Also, if watch the replay closely, you will see the defender actually lose his balance slightly, causing him to take an additional step towards Eatonís side of the base, which basically displays a continuation of his intention to lean and lift in that direction. Subtle, but you can definitely see it, and it was intentional.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678