Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 33.33%
  • Split

2 66.67%
  • Sox Win Series

0 0%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Were you studying to be a long snapper? LOL.
    Come on, Billy Madison quote lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqCdZ_-RWVY

Are you talking about the "gun" speed that they were showing or what you saw?
    I do not believe all the gun readings they show on TV or at the stadiums. I go with what I see and batter reactions....What I saw , he's fastball was fine , location not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I do not believe all the gun readings they show on TV or at the stadiums. I go with what I see and batter reactions....What I saw , he's fastball was fine , location not so much.
    Iíll be worried when I hear something medical come out. Until, the , Iíll just chalk it up to a few high count innings. He looks fine to me

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I think Benetti and /or Stone commented on it as well, during game. Again, nothing else was mentioned since then, but hopefully he looks good tonight.

Why is Crochet only hitting 96,97?

Crochet's velocity is way down, that concerns me

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 04-13-2021 at 10:56 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Yeah...Crochet at 96, unable to field his position, is a lot different than what we saw last year. Kopech is a little slower than where he was pre-injury, but he has a lot of movement, compared to Crochet.

This extra innings rule is going to kill us, if we canít play fundamental baseball.

That was very disappointing last night...To me the biggest loss this year, it started with a very disappointing line up he put out! It's Cleveland not the Rangers or Mariners ,it's one of the teams in your division you have to beat in a game like that! I'm actually so far been disappointed in Moncada...That at bat in the ninth was pitiful for a "clean up " hitter! And supposedly a corner stone of the franchise.
    Also I do not like Robert in the 2 hole, way too many swings and misses for him to bat there.In theory I know why he has him batting second Abreu to protect him so he sees more fastballs, but it only works if Robert would get on base more and he hasn't....I know he's reached base at least once a game so far , but we need more out of the 2 hole. He also sees very few pitches as opposed to say Eaton or Mandigral.
    Last edited by Bainsy; 04-14-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Really not crazy about Moncada batting fourth either....That's why when Anderson comes back I would like I've said before have him bat third and Abreu 4th Moncada 5th and so on...You get a deeper lineup that way...

Eaton-RF
    Madigral-2B
    Anderson-SS
    Abreu-1B
    Moncada-3B
    Mercedes-DH
    Grandall-C
    Robert-CF
    Vaughn-LF

The thing I don't like about Vaughn sitting the last 2 games, is he's actually had a good eye for the strike zone, and I feel like the hits are going to start coming. Moncada and Robert are held to zero accountability for their terrible plate discipline.

I'd probably go with:

Eaton
    Madrigal
    Anderson
    Abreu
    Mercedes
    Grandal
    Yoan
    Robert
    Vaughn

Until Yoan and Robert decide they aren't going to be a threat for a K every time they come up, let them suffer at the bottom of the order.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The thing I don't like about Vaughn sitting the last 2 games, is he's actually had a good eye for the strike zone, and I feel like the hits are going to start coming. Moncada and Robert are held to zero accountability for their terrible plate discipline.

I'd probably go with:

Eaton
    Madrigal
    Anderson
    Abreu
    Mercedes
    Grandal
    Yoan
    Robert
    Vaughn

Until Yoan and Robert decide they aren't going to be a threat for a K every time they come up, let them suffer at the bottom of the order.
    Yea...That's fine with me too....

With Vaughn at 9 , when you replace him for Defense , Hamilton would then bat 9th which is fine...

To be honest, Abreu has been disappointing as well. Aside from the 2 grand slams, one of which came when we were up by 3 in the ninth, he has been putting together some really poor at bats as well.

Only 3 guys are batting over .230 right now, and 2 of them, werenít even originally going to be on the roster.

Iím hoping the bats will warm up with the weather, but the lack of quality at bats and approach has been alarming.

With losses of Eloy, long term, and Anderson, short term, we should have expected some hiccups early on. All things considered, a 5-6 record isn't the end of the world. Especially when you look around the AL. The Red Sox, Angels, and Indians are the only teams sitting more than 1 game over .500, with 3 teams 1 game over, 1 team .500, and 6 teams 1 game under. Just about every team has had disappointing starts. The fact that we have been in every game, with our hitters underachieving across the board, tells me a shift in the tides is coming.

For reference, we were 10-11 through 21 games last year. We went on a 7 game winning streak at that point.

My point is, it's ok for us to pick apart some issues (Bullpen Struggles, Poor Hitting w/RISP, Bad Defense), but remember how early it is. We are 1 mini run or series sweep away from 1st place. Our hitters are ice cold. Our starting pitching is actually pretty good. Our BP has been a mixed bag with some really good and some bad. Lets come back to this after a month of games, and see where we stand.

Yeah 5-6 is a nothing in my opinion . I still hate La Russa and Eaton, but stretches like this happen very often

Watching LA Russa on the bench and in interviews it feels like he's just gonna whisk away into the afterlife (should you believe in that) any second lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast