Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Yankees @ Blue Jays April 12-14

The New York Yankees and the Toronto Blue Jays meet Monday in MLB action from Dunedin Stadium.

New York is coming off a weekend series versus the Rays. After falling in the first two games, on Sunday the Yankees avoided the sweep with a 10-inning win. As for the Blue Jays, they played the Angels over the weekend. Toronto went 1-2 in the first three games, then on Sunday had a rainout postponement.

New York has had lots of trouble with the Rays over the past couple of seasons, and that trend continued this weekend with losses 10-5 and 4-0 in the first pair. In the Sunday game, New York snapped a three-game losing streak with an 8-4 victory. New Yankee Rougned Odor posted a game-winning hit in the 10th in that one.

For the Monday starting role, the Yankees are sending out Gerrit Cole. In two starts this year, Cole has notched a 1.46 ERA over 12.1 innings with nine hits, two earned, one homer, two walks and 21 strikeouts. Cole is 3-0 with a 2.97 ERA in five starts versus the Jays.

Over on the Toronto side, they dropped their first pair versus the Angels 7-5 and 7-1 before getting a big win Saturday 15-1. The Sunday game was rained out, so we’ll get a makeup of that one as part of a split doubleheader in August at Angel Stadium.

For the starter job on Monday, the Blue Jays are going with Robbie Ray. Spring training was great for Ray; he went 2-0 with a 1.98 ERA and 18 strikeouts. He’s coming off the IL after falling downstairs and hurting his elbow.

The Yankees are 43-21 in their last 64 Monday games and 4-1 in their last five versus a team with a winning record. New York is 2-6 in their last eight road games versus a team with a losing record and the over is 4-1 in their last five Monday games.

Meanwhile, the Jays are 7-1 in their last eight Monday games and 4-1 in their last five in game one of a series. The over is 13-5-1 in Toronto’s last 19 Monday games and they’re 18-37 in their last 55 games with the total set at 11.0 or higher.

Mon, Apr 12 • 7:07 PM EDT
    At TD Ballpark
    TV: YES, SNET, SNET-1
    i
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    1-0, 1.46 ERA, 21 SO
    Cole's 21 strikeouts are tied with Al Downing (1964) for the most by any Yankee through his first two starts of a season. Cole is 3-0 with a 2.97 ERA in five starts vs. Toronto, including an Opening Day no-decision.

Robbie Ray
    LHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO
    Ray posted great results in four Spring Training starts (2-0, 1.98 ERA, 18 strikeouts), but he landed on the IL after falling down stairs and bruising his left elbow. He missed two turns in the rotation, but now he's ready to go.

Tue, Apr 13 • 7:07 PM EDT

Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    0-0, 3.86 ERA, 7 SO
    Taillon is coming off his first start since May 1, 2019, limiting the Orioles to two solo homers among three hits over 4 2/3 innings. Taillon has revamped his arsenal, scrapping his two-seamer in favor of elevated four-seam fastballs.

Hyun Jin Ryu
    LHP
    0-1, 2.92 ERA, 12 SO
    Pitching on five days' rest, Ryu looks to continue his assertion as Toronto's ace. He pitched seven strong innings last time out vs. Texas on Wednesday, fanning seven and allowing two runs, but he's still looking for his first win of the season

Wed, Apr 14 • 1:07 PM EDT

Corey Kluber
    RHP
    0-1, 5.68 ERA, 8 SO
    Kluber lasted only 2 1/3 innings in his last start, smacked for five runs (three earned) by the Rays. He faced the Blue Jays on April 3 at Yankee Stadium, allowing two runs (one earned) over four innings.

Ross Stripling
    RHP
    0-1, 7.56 ERA, 10 SO
    Stripling forged through five innings in his last start on Thursday en route to a no-decision, but he ran into a Mike-Trout-sized buzzsaw and still owns an ERA above 7.00. He is 0-3 lifetime against the Yankees (four appearances, one start).
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    First!

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Aside from today, I will be surprised if this ins't a high scoring series.

Ignorance is bliss

I hoping one of Taillon or Kluber putz together a dominant start so they can start to prove all the haters wrong.
    Taillons probably a safer bet but if Kluber all of a sudden finds his command he's capable of a dominant outings

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I hoping one of Taillon or Kluber putz together a dominant start so they can start to prove all the haters wrong.
    Taillons probably a safer bet but if Kluber all of a sudden finds his command he's capable of a dominant outings
    I think its only a matter of time for both of these guys provided that they can stay healthy. They are still building up. Almost every pitcher has a rough outing or two this time of year unless they are a superfreak like Cole.

I thought kluber was going to do well in his last two starts and still hope he does well . So I hope you aren’t calling me a hater . As for tailon I said he did good I just wasn’t impressed so again I am no hater . As for them being dominant , I know they will both very good starts eventually . Even the worst pitchers put up great numbers every once in awhile , not that I think either are bad pitchers cause I don’t . And while I do believe they will do well , it might be while before either one goes past 6 innings since like you said they are building arm strength and tailon is on an innings limit .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-12-2021 at 03:07 PM.

i did not want gardner resigned for this reason if frazier has a few bad games in a row gardner would take games away from him and that is exactly what is happening if anyone should sit it should be hicks who been a bum this year...

give frazier the job for months to see if he can handle don't sit him 3 game sin a row because gardner had a few nice games.. gardner is not the answer eh should be a 4th outfielder not one starting 3 game sin a row

Btw I predict atleast 2 of 3 . And I think the tailon game is going to be a good close game . Like I said after the last game , I see a winning streak coming .

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i did not want gardner resigned for this reason if frazier has a few bad games in a row gardner would take games away from him and that is exactly what is happening if anyone should sit it should be hicks who been a bum this year...
    Yeah I can’t believe hicks is still starting . Put Gardner or tauchman in cf already .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah I can’t believe hicks is still starting . Put Gardner or tauchman in cf already .
    Right on cue Hicks is on the bench tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Right on cue Hicks is on the bench tonight
    About time , he should be the 4th outfielder instead of Gardner .

Makes perfect sense to move Stanton to the #2 position, his AB's have been so competitive lately... Then the drop Judge to 3rd... Boone is the smartest manager every because the anals say so

Makes perfect sense to move Stanton to the #2 position, his AB's have been so competitive lately... Then the drop Judge to 3rd... Boone is the smartest manager every because the anals say so
    It’s the definition of insanity ....

You know I Am almost done with baseball . Micheal Kay reported that the reason why hicks isn’t playing is because he is having issues with what’s happening in Minnesota . What a piece of garbage , he is making 10 mill per year and is putting politics ahead of doing what he is paid to do . He should just retire and focus on politics then

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast