Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you think about the new playin format?

Personally, I think it just takes two crummy teams out of a shot at the lottery. I would think the additional revenue will be marginal.

There are still 14 teams in the lottery.

My opinion of it, is its awesome to give teams a shot to get in. However, I think it's super unfair to the 7 seeds. All it takes is losing 2 games and the team misses the playoffs. Basically makes the entire season irrelevant at that point.

I think if they keep it going forward, there needs to be some stipulations on how many games back teams can be to trigger the play-in.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    My opinion of it, is its awesome to give teams a shot to get in. However, I think it's super unfair to the 7 seeds. All it takes is losing 2 games and the team misses the playoffs. Basically makes the entire season irrelevant at that point.
    I think if they keep it going forward, there needs to be some stipulations on how many games back teams can be to trigger the play-in.
    I could go for a team getting cut out if they're a certain number of games behind. But generally, I feel there's enough security as long as one through six isn't involved in the play-in tournament. Obviously, my dream is for the Blazers and lakers to get down to the play-in, and then the three-headed dragon hopefully gets hot.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I could go for a team getting cut out if they're a certain number of games behind. But generally, I feel there's enough security as long as one through six isn't involved in the play-in tournament. Obviously, my dream is for the Blazers and lakers to get down to the play-in, and then the three-headed dragon hopefully gets hot.
    I'd rather neither of those teams get down to the play-in, personally.

Just for a hypothetical if the Lakers were to drop to a 7. If in the 7/8 game it's a bad matchup then they drop down to play the winner of the 9/10 game. If they get in foul trouble or have some covid positives (even if false positives) to key guys. Then they're literally eliminated from the entire playoffs.

In no world do I think 2 teams from the same conference should end up a team several games over .500 should be in the lottery and a team several games under .500 in the playoffs.

Just for a hypothetical if the Lakers were to drop to a 7. If in the 7/8 game it's a bad matchup then they drop down to play the winner of the 9/10 game. If they get in foul trouble or have some covid positives (even if false positives) to key guys. Then they're literally eliminated from the entire playoffs.

In no world do I think 2 teams from the same conference should end up a team several games over .500 should be in the lottery and a team several games under .500 in the playoffs.
    Valid point Sir.

Luka Doncic critical of a play in tournament.

Just like you I think it's unfair to the #7th and #8th seeds, O was never a fan of this play-in, found it fair for last season with the bubble and all but it should have been a one shot rule...

What do you think about the new playin format?

Itís great. The NBA and change generally equals bad. This was a great change . Silver nailed the bubble imo as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I think its stupid... why would a 10th seed feel like they have a shot in the playoffs? I just dont get it. fight through a play in for a chance to get swept in the first round?

maybe Im missing something, is it incentivized?

That's why I think there should be a cutoff, which would likely cut out the teams well under .500.
    In the east, I'd only give Indiana ó No. 9 at 25-27 ó a chance. Tough luck for Chicago at .415.
    But in the west, the No. 7-10 seeds are all within three wins of each other. As it stands, they all deserve a chance. There's still an advantage in being the higher seed and having more chances to avoid elimination.
    Injuries and coronavirus happen to every team, so I don't buy that excuse. I could care less if the Lakers get eliminated becuase of it. The play-in tournament has made the regular season more relevant to several teams on the bubble between playoffs or lottery. And if you get eliminated, you get a lottery pick, and your players get rest!

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think its stupid... why would a 10th seed feel like they have a shot in the playoffs? I just dont get it. fight through a play in for a chance to get swept in the first round?

maybe Im missing something, is it incentivized?
    Nobody's telling the No. 10 seed to play that hard if they really want to make the lottery. But if the players want to go to the playoffs, why not let them? The incentive is having pride and wanting to compete.

That's why I think there should be a cutoff, which would likely cut out the teams well under .500.
    In the east, I'd only give Indiana ó No. 9 at 25-27 ó a chance. Tough luck for Chicago at .415.
    But in the west, the No. 7-10 seeds are all within three wins of each other. As it stands, they all deserve a chance. There's still an advantage in being the higher seed and having more chances to avoid elimination.
    Injuries and coronavirus happen to every team, so I don't buy that excuse. I could care less if the Lakers get eliminated becuase of it. The play-in tournament has made the regular season more relevant to several teams on the bubble between playoffs or lottery. And if you get eliminated, you get a lottery pick, and your players get rest!
    Covid can be massive when it's 1 game or go home.

It should be like last season, if anything. The upper seed only has to win 1 game, the lower seed 2.

A 7 shouldn't be able to lose to team a then the next night lose to team b and their entire season be irrelevant, that is pointless.

For seed 10 its awesome, for seed 7 its unfortunate.

This graphic is super blurry, but I like how it breaks stuff down. If I come across a better version, I'll post it later.

Nobody's telling the No. 10 seed to play that hard if they really want to make the lottery. But if the players want to go to the playoffs, why not let them? The incentive is having pride and wanting to compete.
    Foolish pride. When Youre 10th place with 22 wins in the east what business do you have in the playoffs? I try to picture the 11th place Raptors in the playoffs and i cringe. Sometimes you have to be realistic as a fan.

The only team I see this benefiting is the Bulls because they just got Vuc and maybe thatís a piece that can make them a lot better than their record shows.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 04-14-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast