Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I knew I would come across a good quality version of it!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I understand the play-in rules fine. Last year was cool, it was the same teams playing. Higher seed only needed 1 win, lower seed 2 wins; against each other.

Its not like if 7 loses to 8 they get to replay 8. Its not like if 7 loses to 9 or 10 they get to replay them.

Of course you don't care about the Lakers, if we flip it to the Blazers, you're probably not gonna be happy about getting a tough matchup in the 7/8 then foul trouble in the next game to throw away the whole season and make the 72 games before it pointless and a sub .500 team in over your team. Then your team isn't playing for a championship and also are picking 14 in the draft.
    It'd suck, but I still think it makes the NBA regular season more not less relevant. There's a bunch of teams all bunched up at the end of the playoff race out west. All of them have dealt with coronavirus and injuries. They all deserve a chance.
    Like I said, I'm supportive of a cutoff if a team is really far behind. Chicago, as of now, shouldn't be in the play-in tournament. It hasn't really earned the right with its current record. But if a team's too ravaged by injuries to take care of business in the play-in tournament, they probably have no business in the playoffs either. Just take the lottery pick and get back at it next year.

I knew I would come across a good quality version of it!
    Thx, never paid any attention to how they were doing the playoffs this year. Its kind of ****ed up that the 8/7th seed has to play each other tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Thx, never paid any attention to how they were doing the playoffs this year. Its kind of ****ed up that the 8/7th seed has to play each other tho.
    Np.

Yeah I think 7 vs 10 or 7 vs 9 made more sense. Or at minimum make it best of 3 or something. Maybe even like last season, the play-in is only triggered if they're within a certain number of games back.

We'll see how it goes.

If a 10 makes the playoffs there will probably be a lot of talk about format going forward.

Np.

Yeah I think 7 vs 10 or 7 vs 9 made more sense. Or at minimum make it best of 3 or something. Maybe even like last season, the play-in is only triggered if they're within a certain number of games back.
    We'll see how it goes.
    If a 10 makes the playoffs there will probably be a lot of talk about format going forward.
    I do think they should have the rule about number of games back. There's no way Chicago deserves a shot right now, although I hope they get better.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I do think they should have the rule about number of games back. There's no way Chicago deserves a shot right now, although I hope they get better.
    Even better, it's the Raptors now in 10th.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123