Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

GT#54 Toronto Raptors (21-32) @ The Ayatollah of Rock'n'rolla Knicks (26-27): Brandin

Right Above It: Houston Rockets have Beyonce. Brooklyn Nets have Jay-Z. LA Lakers have Ice Cube. Toronto Raptors have Drake. The New York Knicks have Steve Stoute who closed a $50M deal with Apple. *record scratch* Quick someone get Taylor Swift's number.

Random Thoughts:

1. Team of Destiny: I have an unpopular opinion. The 2019 Toronto Raptors Championship was an anomaly. Kawhi Leonard's drain shot. Both Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson going down in the Finals. While I'm not going to go so far as to say the Raptors weren't a good team, there was a lot of serendipity in order for the Raptors to win the title. Now they are a rebuilding team.

2. Raptors and Knicks are in a similar situation: Recently the Raptors went on a recent 1-13 skid including 2 butt-kickings at the hands of the Detroit Pistons. How can they be so bad? Pascal Siakam, Fred Flintstone VaVleet, Kyle Lowry, & Gary Trent put up nice numbers and seem to play well together. Yet, this IS a worse team than the Knicks. The Knicks are a much LESSER talented team, yet better. Neither team can attract a star to save their lives.

3. Once again, General Julius Randle IS the point: At this point, other than being Perry's boy, I don't understand why Elfrid Payton is out there. Julius Randle has doubled his assist total per game. The Knicks need shooters desperately. Why is there a guy who can't shoot and a defensive liability. See Elfrid Payton waiving off the Knicks and trying to cover Kyrie Irving 1:1 in the 4th. Start Alec Burks in the backcourt.

4. Start Obi Toppin at Center: Doesn't have to be a permanent situation. Similar to when Mitch was a 2nd year player, starting but only playing 15-20 min with the starters. I think Obi Toppin would benefit. With General Julius Randle running the point (equal to Fred VanVleet's 6.1 apg) it's time to give him a weapon down low. The Raptors are not the deep stock of big men anymore. Obi Toppin can dominate in the paint. It can't hurt.

5. Comes down to Coaching: For all the talk of Nick Nurse, I'm sorry the Raptors shouldn't be THIS bad. If Nurse was coaching any other team, that 1-13 drop would have led to his firing.Luckily in the true North, the only job in Toronto that is short-lived is coaching the Maple leafs. Thibs has much, much less talent to work with, the Knicks are overachieving and clinging to the 8th seed. Come on Bean Counter Brock (Aller), reward a coach who wants to win!

Let's go Knicks!
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 04-10-2021 at 07:36 PM.

according to Nick Nurse, he's expected to be available for Sunday's game against the Knicks.
    (Lowry)

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    according to Nick Nurse, he's expected to be available for Sunday's game against the Knicks.
    (Lowry)
    lol

The lovely jorja Smith, another Canadian gem...

While the Raptors coming into New York, the 2nd of the back2back games should make things more palatable for the Knicks, the New York Knicks are 1-8 within the division.

That's awful.

We'll see if this off-season, the much hyped Front Office can bring in some talent. It's going to take more than a couple of late first rounders to get the job done.

lil wayne sux can we never involve him in anything again thx

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    No problem. I put up that song because it was kind of Drake's not Lil Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    No problem. I put up that song because it was kind of Drake's not Lil Wayne.
    I'm a 80s baby I hate drake too gimme some wu tang biggie dmx jadakiss

GT#54 Toronto Raptors (21-32) @ The Ayatollah of Rock'n'rolla Knicks (26-27): Brandin

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Mid-2000s Lil Wayne was elite tbh. He definitely fell off a bit afterwards imo.

OG Anunoby (rest) has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Knicks.

GTJ had 44 points last night on 17-19 shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    GTJ had 44 points last night on 17-19 shooting...
    yea safe to say he's not going anywhere, so he should be off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    OG Anunoby (rest) has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Knicks.
    thanks DeeJay, love the up to date info....

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Mid-2000s Lil Wayne was elite tbh. He definitely fell off a bit afterwards imo.
    Nah he was ok but he stole cam and Jay z flow and combined it

This obviously is a must win we can't let the craptors creep back in it

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    thanks DeeJay, love the up to date info....
    Welcome stilla.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast