Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marner. Anyways the boys are going right now. Jack Campbell is on fire.

Plz mtlÖ plz hire a woman as president just to say you hired a woman. You can have all the social cups you want.

I have nothing against women. I love women. I have a poly relationship where we only hook up with women (wife ainít ****ing no dudes). Women are my absolute favourite.

ButÖ itís hard for me to believe that a woman is the best, most qualified person to run the MTL Canadians at this juncture. It will probably take time for a woman to get the experience needed for that type of gig.

Although the same could probably have been said about dubas running the leafs at like 27 years old.

I can give the Leafs credit especially because they keep finding ways to stay in games and win games...20-8-2 after last night beating the Oilers in Edmonton...can't help but give y'all your respect

I havenít watched many games this season (relying on streams sucks).
    But from the stats it looks like marner is sliding into nylanders spot as the odd man out.

Are the numbers lying to me? What has the eye test shown?

With his price tag it might make more sense to allocate that towards a really good forward and still have 5 mil for elsewhere.

You can argue that Nylander's been the best player on the team. Marner just got back from injury, so we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    You can argue that Nylander's been the best player on the team. Marner just got back from injury, so we'll see how it goes.
    Ok so itís more of a Nylander stepping up thing rather than a marner falling down thing. Thatís good.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Ok so itís more of a Nylander stepping up thing rather than a marner falling down thing. Thatís good.
    Yeah no knock on Marner. Kinda looking forward to tonight. They got the big 3 split up. Great depth but we'll see.

Who's Michael Bunting?

Who's Michael Bunting?
    He will be whoever you want him to be

Checking in for my regular season report from the king.

What happened to nylander? Was killing it earlier in the season. Did he just get moved off of matthews line or is there more to it? Tavares has been putting up the points again, that is huge, but nylander falling back to his usual 60-70 points and the worst +/- on the team. Marner finding his groove too. End of the day, that marner contract is not looking bad. Serious Patrick Kane vibes.

Would a nylander+ for Laine trade work for both sides? Laine is streaky but I think he could be insane on our 2nd line. We would be looking for a play maker for whatever line marner is not on though.

Can you fill me in on the young defenseman? The numbers look good, but I know stats donít tell the whole story.
    Iíve been disappointed they have not found another Reilly on defence who can put up the points, but I have hope in these young dudes. Am I dumb?

I'm fine with the Leafs standing pat given the prices teams are paying for rentals these days. Better off keeping assets and exploring deals in the summer when things are more realistic.

Two 2nds and a 3rd gone for Giordano and Blackwell. Chong I'll reply to your post after the deadline tomorrow so you can get your update! Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    He will be whoever you want him to be

Checking in for my regular season report from the king.

What happened to nylander? Was killing it earlier in the season. Did he just get moved off of matthews line or is there more to it? Tavares has been putting up the points again, that is huge, but nylander falling back to his usual 60-70 points and the worst +/- on the team. Marner finding his groove too. End of the day, that marner contract is not looking bad. Serious Patrick Kane vibes.

Would a nylander+ for Laine trade work for both sides? Laine is streaky but I think he could be insane on our 2nd line. We would be looking for a play maker for whatever line marner is not on though.

Can you fill me in on the young defenseman? The numbers look good, but I know stats donít tell the whole story.
    Iíve been disappointed they have not found another Reilly on defence who can put up the points, but I have hope in these young dudes. Am I dumb?
    My reply is simply.. (and totally looks like a cop out) "answer your own questions". I would like to know what you think. Instead of me giving my amateur (expert lol) opinion, what do YOU think of this team after the Gio trade? What's your opinion of the team this year overall? **** my opinion this time. What's yours? Total team examination. Let her riiiiiiip.

Why the **** does Arizona claim Sateri off waivers? They're the embarrassment of the league trying to win the next two draft lotteries. They can't even play in a pro venue next year for Christ's sake. I wouldn't care if they claimed him from the Canadiens. Just a total useless troll job waiver claim.

My reply is simply.. (and totally looks like a cop out) "answer your own questions". I would like to know what you think. Instead of me giving my amateur (expert lol) opinion, what do YOU think of this team after the Gio trade? What's your opinion of the team this year overall? **** my opinion this time. What's yours? Total team examination. Let her riiiiiiip.
    I wish I had more input, but I donít watch many regular season games.

My opinion on dubas has always been good though. Really impressed with the kid. Wish I was him haha. ****ers living the dream and doing a great job. Love the additions. Love that we have a farm to trade from. Always wanted giordano and I think he will be great with Brodie. The defence looks a lot better this season but itís still missing another Reilly imo. We need a 2-way point getter back there with him. Hoping Sandin or lilj can step up their point production.

As far as nylander - I would be looking to trade for an upgrade.

But seriously I know you watch the games and Iím curious about what Iím missing from the eye test.

I guess we just donít have a plan in net? Hope for the best with what we got?

What are your defense pairings when the playoffs start, assuming everyone is healthy?

These are my thoughts:

Reilley - Brodie
    Giordano - Liljegren
    Muzzin - Sandin

I know that doesn't have much left/right balance but I belive that's the best 6 they have with the bonus that Lyabushkin/Holl could draw in if either Liljegren or Sandin falter. The good news is that this is by far the deepest defense the Leafs have had in a very long time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast