Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2021 General Discussion Thread

GD here. Be nice to get some new people here or older members to come back.

Great extension for simmonds.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Great extension for simmonds.
    Hopefully his wrist gets to 100% for camp. He wasn't very effective after the injury, but it's a tough one to battle through mid season. I just want the playoffs over so the offseason starts. I don't think we have a 1st or 2nd in the draft either, so that's gonna suck. But free agency will be interesting.

Without looking at the salary cap ramifications, I'd really like the Leafs to focus on leadership and players who are difficult to play against like Savard, Landeskog (I know...pipe dream), Coleman, Oleksiak, Goodrow, etc. This team has been way too soft both mentaly and physically.

I feel like the McCann trade is just insurance if Seattle takes Kerfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    I feel like the McCann trade is just insurance if Seattle takes Kerfoot.
    That's all it is. McCann is cheaper than Kerfoot too. So it would make sense for the Kraken to take him lol. This will all make alot more sense when the protection lists are made public tomorrow.

I know it won't happen, but if the Leafs decided to entertain trade proposals for Mitch Marner then the Kings could be a good partner. I've read they will be aggressive to add a top 6 forward and could move the 8th overall pick and/or prospects.

I think they'd have to consider a package around Matt Roy, Arthur Kaliyev who is close to NHL ready and that 8th overall pick who could end up being Luke Hughes if Bob McKenzie's rankings hold true.

They have the cap space to take Marner on ++ and the $7 mil + per year (Roy makes just over $3 mil) could help the Leafs go after someone like Landeskog as a replacement.
    Last edited by T.O. Fan; 07-20-2021 at 08:35 PM.

At least we didnít sign Suzuki to an 8 year 64mil contract lmfao. What a terrible deal for Montreal. Like they havenít learned a damn thing from the price and Webber contracts.