Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,272

    Leafs 2021 Trade Deadline Thread

    Figured I'd drum up a deadline thread. Any ideas? Let 'er buck gals and guys.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,272
    Personally I'd like an upgrade on the 3C spot. First time in a long time I'm happy with the top 4 D. That being said add anything that helps. Never had a better path to the conference finals than we will this year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,272
    Leafs get forward Riley Nash from Columbus for a conditional 7th rounder. Nash is expected to be out 4-6 weeks with a leg/knee issue. They'll LTIR him to get a little more space for Monday.

    Edit: condition on the 7th round pick is that if Nash plays 25% of the Leafs playoff games it turns into a 6th rounder.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 04-09-2021 at 06:48 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,402
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs get forward Riley Nash from Columbus for a conditional 7th rounder. Nash is expected to be out 4-6 weeks with a leg/knee issue. They'll LTIR him to get a little more space for Monday.

    Edit: condition on the 7th round pick is that if Nash plays 25% of the Leafs playoff games it turns into a 6th rounder.
    Iím confused by this, but Iím sure dubas isnít lol.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,272
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím confused by this, but Iím sure dubas isnít lol.
    The closer you are to the cap the lesser the penalty for LTIR. So you almost wanna be maxed out when you exercise it. Plus once the playoffs start there's no cap. Nash is a very good bottom 6 guy. If they LTIR him and move Kerfoot plus a high pick or blue chip prospect they could act ually get in on Hall if the Sabres retained 50%.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,402
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    The closer you are to the cap the lesser the penalty for LTIR. So you almost wanna be maxed out when you exercise it. Plus once the playoffs start there's no cap. Nash is a very good bottom 6 guy. If they LTIR him and move Kerfoot plus a high pick or blue chip prospect they could act ually get in on Hall if the Sabres retained 50%.
    Forget Hall. How many 1sts for eichel!?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,272
    Baby we got news!

    Leafs get Nick Foligno from Columbus for a 1st rounder this 2021 draft. Plus Noesen from San Jose for a 2021 4th. Foligno is a big add. He brings it every night. So fired up. Of course he will have to do the 7 day quarantine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,272
    2022 4th rounder going to CLB as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4
    So stoked. Foligno adds some needed gritt/ defensive toughness for the playoffs

    Rittich is nice insurance and needed
    Still think one more deal is going to be made...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,272
    Rittich is absolutely a solid add
    If Freddie can't go he and Campbell should be be nice insurance.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,402
    Wow. All in dubas!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,272
    Leafs get D Ben Hutton from Anaheim for a 5th. Depth move.

    Barabanov to San Jose for Antti Suomela. Just a conteact shuffle.

    So Leafs end up with Nick Foligno, David Rittich, Ben Hutton and Antti ****ing Soumela. Lol. Jokes aside that's nice work by Dubas.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,402
    I have definitely never felt this optimistic about winning the cup in my life.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,526
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I have definitely never felt this optimistic about winning the cup in my life.
    Lol this didnít age well bro

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,402
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lol this didnít age well bro
    Well I felt it at the time.

    Now Iím at a loss. Not sure the FO could/should have done anything differently. Our team will likely not be as strong next season. They used assets and crazy cap maneuvering to make it as strong as it was this year.
    Hopefully the young defensman step up because that is probably our best hope to take another step forward.

    Maybe Nylander for a bigger stronger scorer? Honestly Iím at a loss.

    Regular season is definitely ruined for me. Iíll just be makinn sure theyíre in the top half of the league because seeding doesnít seem to make a difference for the leafs. They just need to perform in the playoffs somehow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •