Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leafs 2021 Trade Deadline Thread

Figured I'd drum up a deadline thread. Any ideas? Let 'er buck gals and guys.

Personally I'd like an upgrade on the 3C spot. First time in a long time I'm happy with the top 4 D. That being said add anything that helps. Never had a better path to the conference finals than we will this year.

Leafs get forward Riley Nash from Columbus for a conditional 7th rounder. Nash is expected to be out 4-6 weeks with a leg/knee issue. They'll LTIR him to get a little more space for Monday.

Edit: condition on the 7th round pick is that if Nash plays 25% of the Leafs playoff games it turns into a 6th rounder.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 04-09-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs get forward Riley Nash from Columbus for a conditional 7th rounder. Nash is expected to be out 4-6 weeks with a leg/knee issue. They'll LTIR him to get a little more space for Monday.

Edit: condition on the 7th round pick is that if Nash plays 25% of the Leafs playoff games it turns into a 6th rounder.
    Iím confused by this, but Iím sure dubas isnít lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím confused by this, but Iím sure dubas isnít lol.
    The closer you are to the cap the lesser the penalty for LTIR. So you almost wanna be maxed out when you exercise it. Plus once the playoffs start there's no cap. Nash is a very good bottom 6 guy. If they LTIR him and move Kerfoot plus a high pick or blue chip prospect they could act ually get in on Hall if the Sabres retained 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    The closer you are to the cap the lesser the penalty for LTIR. So you almost wanna be maxed out when you exercise it. Plus once the playoffs start there's no cap. Nash is a very good bottom 6 guy. If they LTIR him and move Kerfoot plus a high pick or blue chip prospect they could act ually get in on Hall if the Sabres retained 50%.
    Forget Hall. How many 1sts for eichel!?

Baby we got news!

Leafs get Nick Foligno from Columbus for a 1st rounder this 2021 draft. Plus Noesen from San Jose for a 2021 4th. Foligno is a big add. He brings it every night. So fired up. Of course he will have to do the 7 day quarantine.

2022 4th rounder going to CLB as well.

So stoked. Foligno adds some needed gritt/ defensive toughness for the playoffs

Rittich is nice insurance and needed
    Still think one more deal is going to be made...

Rittich is absolutely a solid add
    If Freddie can't go he and Campbell should be be nice insurance.

Wow. All in dubas!

Leafs get D Ben Hutton from Anaheim for a 5th. Depth move.

Barabanov to San Jose for Antti Suomela. Just a conteact shuffle.

So Leafs end up with Nick Foligno, David Rittich, Ben Hutton and Antti ****ing Soumela. Lol. Jokes aside that's nice work by Dubas.

I have definitely never felt this optimistic about winning the cup in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I have definitely never felt this optimistic about winning the cup in my life.
    Lol this didnít age well bro

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lol this didnít age well bro
    Well I felt it at the time.

Now Iím at a loss. Not sure the FO could/should have done anything differently. Our team will likely not be as strong next season. They used assets and crazy cap maneuvering to make it as strong as it was this year.
    Hopefully the young defensman step up because that is probably our best hope to take another step forward.

Maybe Nylander for a bigger stronger scorer? Honestly Iím at a loss.

Regular season is definitely ruined for me. Iíll just be makinn sure theyíre in the top half of the league because seeding doesnít seem to make a difference for the leafs. They just need to perform in the playoffs somehow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast