Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I never liked Cable. Don't get me wrong. I think he ruined a good player in Bruce Campbell. But you have to look at the way this O-line has been dismantled and start to wonder. Are they listening to the most sorriest *** of an Offensive Line Coach ever to have coached in this league? By bringing back Karl Joseph they are admitting that they made a mistake by drafting Abram and letting him walk. And that was on Guenther.
    Campbell was an athlete, just not very good at pro-football. It happens. I was going to respond to all of your above statements one at a time, but I think I can cover them with this blanket statement: No, you are wrong. Additionally, KJ is filling a need, for cheap, his return is admitting nothing.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Campbell was an athlete, just not very good at pro-football. It happens. I was going to respond to all of your above statements one at a time, but I think I can cover them with this blanket statement: No, you are wrong. Additionally, KJ is filling a need, for cheap, his return is admitting nothing.
    The college scouting reports all said that he was as close to being an elite pass protector than any other linemen in the NCAA. Had he stayed in college for his senior season he would've been a 1st round pick.
    Last edited by erickench; 04-13-2021 at 12:10 PM.

The college scouting reports all said that he was as close to being an elite pass protector than any other linemen in the NCAA. Had he stayed in college for his senior season he would've been a 1st round pick.
    They also said Ryan Leaf was awesome.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Karl Joseph is better at safety than Derek Carr is at Quarterback.

/fight

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Karl Joseph is better at safety than Derek Carr is at Quarterback.

/fight

Are you trying to get me kicked off this forum? Because you're not trying hard enough.

Are you trying to get me kicked off this forum? Because you're not trying hard enough.
    Haha <3

I figured Switch would get Prox in a headlock and the adults would have to come in and break us all up!

I say that with respect to everyone in here

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Haha <3

I figured Switch would get Prox in a headlock and the adults would have to come in and break us all up!

I say that with respect to everyone in here
    Hear Carr and Joseph are going to be our dual threats, KJ will line up at RT (certainly he is better than Veldheer) and Carr as our SAM, on game days.

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkett4HoF View Post
    Hear Carr and Joseph are going to be our dual threats, KJ will line up at RT (certainly he is better than Veldheer) and Carr as our SAM, on game days.

Dang it. You know KJ is a true 3 Tech and Carr is going to line-up as our WILL because he can cover the flats, he loves that area of the field. We are bringing back Jano to play the MIKE. Don't confuse the children.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Dang it. You know KJ is a true 3 Tech and Carr is going to line-up as our WILL because he can cover the flats, he loves that area of the field. We are bringing back Jano to play the MIKE. Don't confuse the children.
    Jano would wreck people at MIKE... if he could catch em

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Jano would wreck people at MIKE... if he could catch em
    All he would have to do is kick them in the nuts, that will stop them in their tracks.

You guys are the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    calling for Grudens head - 3 years hes been here and last year despite covid eating through our team we played our best football in forever, with the exception of our 2016 season. This was a complete rebuild, and removal of the GM as well.

Same people who gave RM 6 years to do nothing. It is what it is, I like the direction the team is going. People forget how awful we were prior to this I think
    I mean... JDR had a winning record in Oakland. You can't say the team didn't do anything when they were 12-4.

Now we had a disaster and two "almost" seasons ruined by a terrible defense, late-season collapse and roster mismanagement.

For Gruden, '21 is decisive. You have a QB you can win with, a new defense and 3 years of complete roster control. There are no more excuses, and the results will speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I mean... JDR had a winning record in Oakland. You can't say the team didn't do anything when they were 12-4.

Now we had a disaster and two "almost" seasons ruined by a terrible defense, late-season collapse and roster mismanagement.

For Gruden, '21 is decisive. You have a QB you can win with, a new defense and 3 years of complete roster control. There are no more excuses, and the results will speak for themselves.
    I disagree. Give him his time, why does it have to be 3 years? Letís take our time and build.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    I disagree. Give him his time, why does it have to be 3 years? Letís take our time and build.
    It doesn't take 10 years to build a winning franchise, though. Survey all of the dynasties and you'll see that most caught fire within 3-4 years. I gave Gruden until last season to put this franchise on a winning course. No excuses. He didn't get it done.

I realize many of you will give Gruden this season, while others will give him the full 10. But I've seen enough. I'm hoping for luck from the football gods at this point that somehow Mayock and Gruden have stumbled upon a winning formula. I don't trust that they have the wherewithal to build a truly winning franchise, let alone a dynasty. I'm ready to move on to someone else. But I'll continue to pray for Raiders success despite the current regime.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast