Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    We brought in 7 free agents? 8? And only one of them is a true starter? (Yannick)

Karl sucks, that is why he was unemployed for 2 months. He is irrelevant. You are excited about him being a back-up? Why?

As of today----- 7-10

They will call for Gruden's head by Thanksgiving. Hope I am wrong.
    Personally I wanted Grudenís head long before this signing, but that is not happening he isnít going anywhere unless he decides to quit. That being said Joseph is better than what we currently have and Iíll take that as a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Personally I wanted Grudenís head long before this signing...
    You're not alone. I can see giving Gruden a couple of years to realize a winning season, but at some point it has to register in Mark's brain that he's basically getting the same results from Gruden that he would have gotten from a rookie head coach with experienced O and D coordinators without the hefty price tag or 10 year commitment. Al Davis is definitely rolling over...and nothing short of a Super Bowl victory will change that.

We brought in 7 free agents? 8? And only one of them is a true starter? (Yannick)

Karl sucks, that is why he was unemployed for 2 months. He is irrelevant. You are excited about him being a back-up? Why?

As of today----- 7-10

I mean NFL free agency hasnt even hit a month since it opened so not sure how he has been unemployed for 2 months. Also after the first wave of free agency teams tend to prefer to wait till after the draft to see what they still need and players who dont sign right away tend to wait till after the draft to try to get more money from teams with a need still at their position. For example Sherman has already said he is waiting till after the draft to sign and he would start for plenty of teams around the league still.

A lot of teams and players are waiting for the draft. We could release some of the guys we just got too

I could the Raiders keeping Joseph and trading Abrams.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Too early to tell.
    He had some pretty good PFF grades while with the Raiders. Not elite but above average I would say. But Guenther didn't think so. Makes you wonder if all these moves the Raiders are making is an indication that Guenther's word wasn't worth a **** and that Cable is the one to listen to.

As of today----- 7-10

You donít think John brown will be a true starter?

And while they wonít be starters, joseph, drake and hopefully Solomon Thomas will all be on the field quite a bit. I envision drake as almost a co-starter.

Whatís the average number of players team sign that contribute? Canít imagine itís much more than weíve signed. I donít think the issue is the number, but rather the position of a few signings. Instead of Solomon Thomas, I would have expected a RT. Instead of drake, a FS. Definitely some questionable decisions. But we did add talent. Now just have to fill in the blanks in the draft and coach them up... lol. Guess weíll find out how this all works out.

calling for Grudens head - 3 years hes been here and last year despite covid eating through our team we played our best football in forever, with the exception of our 2016 season. This was a complete rebuild, and removal of the GM as well.

Same people who gave RM 6 years to do nothing. It is what it is, I like the direction the team is going. People forget how awful we were prior to this I think

Karl isnt a bad player. Not exceptional by any means, but a serviceable player who can start. If he does play with Abrams thats too guys who can blitz, strong run support and lay the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Karl isnt a bad player. Not exceptional by any means, but a serviceable player who can start. If he does play with Abrams thats too guys who can blitz, strong run support and lay the wood.
    I would just go ahead and draft Jevon Holland in the 2nd round and have K. Joseph as the starting free safety until Holland is ready. Out of all the top safeties in this years draft Holland is the only true free safety and a great pass defender.

That is the perk... we can draft and not force a rookie to be a day 1 starter, like we have done for years. If they prove to be good enough to start so, great but options are good.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean NFL free agency hasnt even hit a month since it opened so not sure how he has been unemployed for 2 months. Also after the first wave of free agency teams tend to prefer to wait till after the draft to see what they still need and players who dont sign right away tend to wait till after the draft to try to get more money from teams with a need still at their position. For example Sherman has already said he is waiting till after the draft to sign and he would start for plenty of teams around the league still.
    No, we knew for 2 months Cleveland was not going to bring him back. They might it quite clear they will be looking for a safety again. Karl is always hurt.

Wouldn't it had made more sense to purchase Yannick, Anthony Harris, and one or two OL, and stop there?

Why bring in depth, when you're lacking in starters?

The purpose of free agency is to bring in starters, only the playoff teams can get away with just buying depth(Chiefs). IMHO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    calling for Grudens head - 3 years hes been here and last year despite covid eating through our team we played our best football in forever, with the exception of our 2016 season. This was a complete rebuild, and removal of the GM as well.

Same people who gave RM 6 years to do nothing. It is what it is, I like the direction the team is going. People forget how awful we were prior to this I think
    Covid affected everyone last season. The good teams battled through it and made the playoffs, everyone else likely wasnít going to anyway. Fairly giving Gruden a mulligan for 2018, the clean slate and absolute kings ransom of draft picks/cap space he had since then, where we are sitting now can only be deemed a massive disappointment. It doesnít take 4 years to rebuild, especially considering the assets we had. It would be one thing if we were, say, the dolphins coming off a 10-6 season and looking promising....but we collapsed down the stretch, again, and have OL issues in addition to a perpetually brutal defense that is filled with holes.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    He had some pretty good PFF grades while with the Raiders. Not elite but above average I would say. But Guenther didn't think so. Makes you wonder if all these moves the Raiders are making is an indication that Guenther's word wasn't worth a **** and that Cable is the one to listen to.
    He's gotten better every year and plays more FS than a lot of fans think. No, he may not be elite, but above average is head and shoulders above what we had last year. I think Guenther stunk it up, misused players, put them in bad situations, and wasn't very good at adjusting on the fly. Joyner for instance should have never been moved to CB, if I remember correctly even you mentioned that. KJ was in a contract year, it may have cost us to keep him, but it looked to me like they thought they had a comparable guy for cheap in Abrams. We are going to see a vastly different defense this year, at least I am hoping we are. As for Cable, I like the guy, always have. I think he has done a hell of a job with our O-line, our backups performed when they got in. I believe our O-line will be fine this year, just need to replace Brown.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    As for Cable, I like the guy, always have. I think he has done a hell of a job with our O-line, our backups performed when they got in. I believe our O-line will be fine this year, just need to replace Brown.
    I never liked Cable. Don't get me wrong. I think he ruined a good player in Bruce Campbell. But you have to look at the way this O-line has been dismantled and start to wonder. Are they listening to the most sorriest *** of an Offensive Line Coach ever to have coached in this league? By bringing back Karl Joseph they are admitting that they made a mistake by drafting Abram and letting him walk. And that was on Guenther.
    Last edited by erickench; 04-13-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast