Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 247
  1. #226
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    51,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I think it's al a learning process that all good players go through. Once another bonified threat comes to this team, things will really open up for Randle. His issue is when he has to try and create for himself too much which is the issue with this offense but i digress.

    RJ just being RJ. Gotta love what you see from this kid most nights.

    Burks and even Payton hit big shots. Payton early and Burks late. Burks is clearly our best off the dribble offensive player. That should give everyone an idea of how solid we'll be if we ever get another guy and or a good PG
    good post biv

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    56,503

    GT#53 Memphis Grizzlies (26-23) @ Höchst Heilig Knicks (25-27): Elvis Country

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Ideally the Knicks get a better closer/#1 guy and RJ keeps getting better and Randle settles in as a 2A/2B or 3rd guy. If the Knicks were able to win games when Randle has an off shooting night because they had other guys capable of carrying, than that would be the perfect scenario because yes I would like to have Randle be apart of a championship here more than I would not.
    I think Randle is banged up. I am more concerned about us then him. I don't think the team is going to sit Randle at all. I think there is definitely a possibility he plays banged up and cant be as consistent a scorer the rest of the year. I think Thibs is going try to adjust to this by keeping the ball in his hands but using him as more of a passer and maybe running a little more. Hopefully the team can keep winning games wirh this set up.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-10-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    51,323
    i really loved the signing when we got Burks, many on here kicked him to the curb, his problem on this roster he's asked to do more than he should. I'd like to retain him as we improve the roster, he brings a lot to any bench might as well be ours.

    Randle, is it the injury? Seems since the injury he's regressed, or he is once again doing to much and not reacting quick enough when the doubles come, he is mounting assists though and he took what 9 shots last night.

    Seems his defense is not the same since the injury as well, so we shall see, but his triple double was not close to impressive.

    Noel not sure what to say, he gets blocks but damn he's so useless in many other areas, another pass at his waist and he wasn't even thinking the ball was coming as he went towards the basket and yet another TO for his teammates, really bites. he is also one of the worst rebounding bigs in the league which is hurting us big time since Mitch went down, and Taj can only do so much.

    RJ, what more can be said, playing well, but again his close outs for who he's guarding, it's always open three's which a coach would get him one step closer, it's not like he's in position to help because you rarely hear RJ with the help defense, so damn get one step closer.

    That Brooks, i called him when we were drafting and we took his teammate, guess we made the wrong choice, but can't complain about our 2nd's or 25th so there is that.

    that was a much better game for IQ, and not just the fact he scored 20, just like how he played within the game more.

    Next few home games hate to say this but these next 4 or so games can make or break the season, have opportunities to win

    Toronto missing pg's and not playing well
    Lakers missing their two studs
    NO should be interesting on the 14th and 18th with
    Dallas smack in the middle
    Charl- big matchup for playoffs
    atlanta- big matchup for playoffs
    Toronto again
    suns
    Bulls to end the month

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    37,337
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i really loved the signing when we got Burks, many on here kicked him to the curb, his problem on this roster he's asked to do more than he should. I'd like to retain him as we improve the roster, he brings a lot to any bench might as well be ours.

    Randle, is it the injury? Seems since the injury he's regressed, or he is once again doing to much and not reacting quick enough when the doubles come, he is mounting assists though and he took what 9 shots last night.

    Seems his defense is not the same since the injury as well, so we shall see, but his triple double was not close to impressive.

    Noel not sure what to say, he gets blocks but damn he's so useless in many other areas, another pass at his waist and he wasn't even thinking the ball was coming as he went towards the basket and yet another TO for his teammates, really bites. he is also one of the worst rebounding bigs in the league which is hurting us big time since Mitch went down, and Taj can only do so much.

    RJ, what more can be said, playing well, but again his close outs for who he's guarding, it's always open three's which a coach would get him one step closer, it's not like he's in position to help because you rarely hear RJ with the help defense, so damn get one step closer.

    That Brooks, i called him when we were drafting and we took his teammate, guess we made the wrong choice, but can't complain about our 2nd's or 25th so there is that.

    that was a much better game for IQ, and not just the fact he scored 20, just like how he played within the game more.

    Next few home games hate to say this but these next 4 or so games can make or break the season, have opportunities to win

    Toronto missing pg's and not playing well
    Lakers missing their two studs
    NO should be interesting on the 14th and 18th with
    Dallas smack in the middle
    Charl- big matchup for playoffs
    atlanta- big matchup for playoffs
    Toronto again
    suns
    Bulls to end the month
    We pretty much have to make a run here before the late season stretch. It would require a huge fail to fall below 10 but at this point anything below 8 is a failure. At least at 7-8 you get two playoff games and two chances to make it.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    24,743
    Knicks team including the coach should rewatch last nights game and compare it with other games where they always fell short they need to figure out there strengths in closing out games if they want to become contender.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,815
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I’m definitely worried about Randle. Having that team option is a nice safety blanket though. I think you have to explore what Randle and a pick or 2 will get you in return before maxing him after next year.

    I'm not baling on Randle because he's been more than I ever expected him to be this season. But if we explore trading him, that would open the door for Obi to play more with IQ and RJ.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    37,337
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Knicks team including the coach should rewatch last nights game and compare it with other games where they always fell short they need to figure out there strengths in closing out games if they want to become contender.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I.e play keep away from Randle and let RJ and Burks take the shots down the stretch?

  8. #233
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    51,323
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Knicks team including the coach should rewatch last nights game and compare it with other games where they always fell short they need to figure out there strengths in closing out games if they want to become contender.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    i'm not too hyped on winning this one they pulled a Knicks.....

    they shot 21-34 from the FT line

    We shot 29-33 and Randle missed 3 of the 4, and Burks was 6-6 and clutch and IQ made a key 2 ft's as it turned out.

    And yet we still almost didn't win this and it took OT and then stupid Noel not only fouls but fouls for three shots, you don't get lower IQ than that, pure garbage.

    But to emulate those ft differentials, I'd probably say won't happen again.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    24,743
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i'm not too hyped on winning this one they pulled a Knicks.....

    they shot 21-34 from the FT line

    We shot 29-33 and Randle missed 3 of the 4, and Burks was 6-6 and clutch and IQ made a key 2 ft's as it turned out.

    And yet we still almost didn't win this and it took OT and then stupid Noel not only fouls but fouls for three shots, you don't get lower IQ than that, pure garbage.

    But to emulate those ft differentials, I'd probably say won't happen again.
    I'm talking about how they played in close game not talking about how grizzlies missed ft regardless how it led to 4th the end result is how knicks played with another gear when they caught up this is important if they want to become winners instead of pretenders.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The NBA is not about fairness. Look at the Nets. They kicked everyone that built their culture to the curb and will win a championship because of it. That’s the goal right?
    Nope. This isn't even about fairness. You have a guy having an MVP type season and you trade him. What player do sign up to play here?

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,921
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Nope. This isn't even about fairness. You have a guy having an MVP type season and you trade him. What player do sign up to play here?

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Who’s having an MVP type season?

    Randle isnt

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    958
    Randles's first field goal with the ran score at 71, Barrett @ 49. That's just not gong to work. Why are they starting games like this?

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,885
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Nope. This isn't even about fairness. You have a guy having an MVP type season and you trade him. What player do sign up to play here?

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Hate to burst your bubble but Randle isn’t going to get people to play here. There’s a certain “group of players” that is like a fraternity and Randle doesn’t belong.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,991
    Yeah. the Knicks aren't going to attract anyone unless it's a young player naive to the NBA clique and interested in starting their own.

    I honestly don't think the Knicks will have much luck this off-season trading for Lonzo Ball or Zach Lavine unless the Knicks give up a "Melo sized" sign and trade. That means the Knicks will not only give up future draft picks but also young player like Mitch and some cap space.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Who’s having an MVP type season?

    Randle isnt
    When you are best player on a team that's overachieving you are having an MVP season.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •