Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

GT#53 Memphis Grizzlies (26-23) @ Höchst Heilig Knicks (25-27): Elvis Country

The Knicks are reeling (4-6 record in last ten, 1-8 in the division). The schedule is not getting any easier. They are just 1.5 away from falling out of the 8th spot. They need a win in the worst way possible.

Random Thoughts:

1. The Health of General Julius Randle: He averages 37 min/game which is second only to James Harden (37.1 min/game). No off-days. No depth. The Knicks cannot afford an injury to Julius Randle. There is no excuse to keep him out there especially if the Knicks are up by double digits. It actually may hurt the team.

2. Can the Knicks make the playoffs with Elfrid Payton(?): He's continuing to start and I'm not sure how that contributes to better play. At this point, the offense runs through Julius Randle. Payton can't set anyone up who isn't Julius Randle. Opposing teams don't fear his drive or shooting. On a losing team, he's a starter. On a winning team, he's a bench player. He's really handicapping the Knicks. At this point, I'd rather have Alec Burks in the starting line up over Elfrid Payton.

3. The Ghost of Joakim Noah: Just so you know, next season is the last year of $6.4M owed that counts against the cap. I remember when Knick fans were in an uproar, "He's a New Yorker, he'll play harder for us. He's not washed up." What is up with the Knicks and ex-Chicago Bulls? Isiah Thomas brought in Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Chris Duhon. Ernie Grunfeld brought in Tyson Chandler. Phil Jackson brought in Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah. And here we are back with Derrick Rose. Working out so far right?

4. Was Ja Morant the real #1 pick (?): He's pretty much a franchise guy. Last season, the rookie just missed the playoffs in the West but this season, he's got them at #8th spot. Memphis just needs to surround this kid with weapons and they'll be a force to reckon with. It's a lesson in franchise building. That is, a player who can create is way more effective and quicker to build around than an apex player at any one position. I'm not saying Zion or RJ Barrett are busts. Neither of the two can create for themselves. They're just good at what they do.

I think this might be a tight game but the Knicks are due. Let's go Knicks!

I like the idea of starting Burks for Elf. Then move Knoxs into the second unit. This keeps shooting in the second unit and forces more PG type responsibites on Quickley for development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Looks like we are back into must-win game every night territory. Grizz are on fire right now, gonna be a tough game. My expectations are low.

Nobody to guard ja this is a loss

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I like the idea of starting Burks for Elf. Then move Knoxs into the second unit. This keeps shooting in the second unit and forces more PG type responsibites on Quickley for development.

I like that too. Julius is the real point guard anyway so Burks at pg gives the starting unit more shooting. Kind of like Lebron does and like the Freak does and like Luka does. All of those teams start pgs who can score because they are the play makers.

Obi is also going to be really good. I see him getting better. Next year will be a breakout year. Especially if we get Ball.

We need to remember that our renewed reputation has been made on the defensive end, in fact we are one of the if not the best defensive team in the league. The more I thought about it, the more it became clear to me that far too often against the top tier teams, we play into their hands a bit too much by trying to go bucket for bucket with them which makes players like Julius start to chuck rather than finding the right play in the motion of the offensive schemes. Yea we can get hot any given night if our shooters are making 3s, but for the most part our offense features one go to versatile big (Julius) and one slashing 2nd option (RJ). For the most part it's kind of a "feed who's hot" game for the rest of the role players and this is why we are a bottom feeder offensively. That being said, a chess match is how we win... Defensively we have to impose our will and hold these teams to a grind out fight and force our pace on them... Slow and steady...

We have the offensive talent to score more, but we don't have a Pg that can facilitate to the degree of getting everyone else involved, in fact Julius Randle has been our best pg when we've looked dominant. Payton force feeds Julius and his second option is his own shot. The lack of a pg is keeping our numbers very low on the offensive end. I'd love to also see Burks get some significant time at the one along side julius and RJ because he is indeed an offensive threat that can't be overlooked, which in turn spaces the floor more. Thibs can't continue to turn a blind eye to this. I hope he continues to shorten Elf's leash, and hopefully DRose finds his form soon... But Burks would be the ideal move to start in order to boost offensive production

Quote Originally Posted by Mayweather&NYK View Post
    We need to remember that our renewed reputation has been made on the defensive end, in fact we are one of the if not the best defensive team in the league. The more I thought about it, the more it became clear to me that far too often against the top tier teams, we play into their hands a bit too much by trying to go bucket for bucket with them which makes players like Julius start to chuck rather than finding the right play in the motion of the offensive schemes. Yea we can get hot any given night if our shooters are making 3s, but for the most part our offense features one go to versatile big (Julius) and one slashing 2nd option (RJ). For the most part it's kind of a "feed who's hot" game for the rest of the role players and this is why we are a bottom feeder offensively. That being said, a chess match is how we win... Defensively we have to impose our will and hold these teams to a grind out fight and force our pace on them... Slow and steady...

We have the offensive talent to score more, but we don't have a Pg that can facilitate to the degree of getting everyone else involved, in fact Julius Randle has been our best pg when we've looked dominant. Payton force feeds Julius and his second option is his own shot. The lack of a pg is keeping our numbers very low on the offensive end. I'd love to also see Burks get some significant time at the one along side julius and RJ because he is indeed an offensive threat that can't be overlooked, which in turn spaces the floor more. Thibs can't continue to turn a blind eye to this. I hope he continues to shorten Elf's leash, and hopefully DRose finds his form soon... But Burks would be the ideal move to start in order to boost offensive production
    We were a top tier defensive team with mitch although he wasn't putting up big numbers mitch was having a break out year

Now without mitch not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I like that too. Julius is the real point guard anyway so Burks at pg gives the starting unit more shooting. Kind of like Lebron does and like the Freak does and like Luka does. All of those teams start pgs who can score because they are the play makers.

Obi is also going to be really good. I see him getting better. Next year will be a breakout year. Especially if we get Ball.
    I think Toppin is going to be good to. He is not being used as a big. Driving from a stand still from behind the arc and shoot 3s are should be supplementry skills for him not primary. I'm not sure how good he will be but he isnt terrible at those supplementry things despite some yips. He will get better at finding interior buckets for himself and hopefully we will start trying to use him as a finisher. He will at min efficient and an excellent connector imo. He doesn't know where he should be off ball right now but he definitely knows where everyone else is and is a high level passer

I'm probably in the minority but Obi Toppin should play minutes as back up Center. How power forwards were used in the 90s is now how Centers are expected to play. The game has changed. At this point, the Knicks have nothing to lose.

Payton looking like an 8th grader out there lol

They better play frank

Greyson Allen is a nice player. One of those older draft picks that took a little but is rounding into form. He is a little physically limited. Obi doesn’t have that issue so I think he will come along faster

Last edited by ewing; 04-09-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Randle think he dirk

they playing dmx R.I.P

It’s time for Thibs to swallow his pride and sit Payton

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast