Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

2021 NBA Draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Both your points are right. Wiggins is still overrated by the masses, as the trade is publically viewed as a loss for us. However we all either don't care if that is true, or believe it's not. We are so happy to be rid of Wiggins it doesn't matter. Statistically speaking the #7 pick is a role player/starter. That and Wiggins at $37M is not as good as Russell at $27M. But the unknown of the lottery pick still grades the trade a win for GS right now, when thr player is an unknown asset with youth.

Either way, good riddance haha.
    Sure which again is part of what I was getting at, I think many just viewed Wiggins so negatively almost anything is gonna be a win if hes out. The value doesnít really matter to a chunk of fans it seems as much as him just being gone. We have had a couple situations like this and usually I feel following what a chunk of fans feel we ďneedĒ for them to watch doesnít produce the best long term results for the organization.

This one might be a little different though, I donít think Russell one blows up in our faces necessarily. I agree Wiggins and even that pick is currently overrated when looking at the main forum/media and what others are saying. I think that context makes what some of our fans think a little more reasonable this time even if many just wanted Wiggins gone and arenít overly factoring in value side.

As above post notes if we get end of year Russell and Wiggins regresses to the norm it looks better as early as start of next season. This one we have time on to me even if right now the value looks worse on our end (given current context). To me this one is still up in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mngopher35; 07-17-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    I think that russell struggled a lot last year trying to fit in. However, the last 10 or so games he really came on. I think thats closer to the normal production we will see. This trade is a huge win by addition by subtraction. Edwards growth would of been majorly stunted being around a player like wiggins. When towns and russel went out it made edwards have to step up the plate.
    Russell is at his best off the ball, so hopefully we use him in that fashion. The 3 man pyramid Finch used up top to close the season scored at will. I like Russell. He makes too much money and can't guard anyone but he is a crafty scorer with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Sure which again is part of what I was getting at, I think many just viewed Wiggins so negatively almost anything is gonna be a win if hes out. The value doesnít really matter to a chunk of fans it seems as much as him just being gone. We have had a couple situations like this and usually I feel following what a chunk of fans feel we ďneedĒ for them to watch doesnít produce the best long term results for the organization.

This one might be a little different though, I donít think Russell one blows up in our faces necessarily. I agree Wiggins and even that pick is currently overrated when looking at the main forum/media and what others are saying. I think that context makes what some of our fans think a little more reasonable this time even if many just wanted Wiggins gone and arenít overly factoring in value side.

As above post notes if we get end of year Russell and Wiggins regresses to the norm it looks better as early as start of next season. This one we have time on to me even if right now the value looks worse on our end (given current context). To me this one is still up in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We totally agree on this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123