Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You mean as the best player? Luka. But he won't have the presense or clout that Lebron has.

If not Luka, it will be Zion Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If not Luka, it will be Zion Williamson
    Luka a better all around player with much more skill. We will see how long Zion can survive on elite explosiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    so what young player in the league has a chance to be that guy if not Luca, I mean theres no one even close to him.

you see Zion, Tatum, Melo as the face of the league next over Luca, help me understand that.
    Well to be the face, you have to be the best, and you have to win. Right now Nobody is dominating like Lebron or Mike after Bron leaves. As of now Id say nobody is immediately taking over when Bron steps out. I agree with you that Luka is at the head of the pack right now, Id say probably tied with Giannis...but Giannis right now has been a lot closer to winning. Remember Jordan won 6 straight, Lebron went to what 9/10 straight...the face of the nba has to set himself apart from everyone else has similar to what these guys are doing. They also did it physically. Giannis and Zion both have that physical separation from the league as well like Jordan/Bron. Luca puts up amazing numbers so he can def be the face, but I just think Giannis and Zion might have a leg up on him in doing it even though they both probably fall short as well. I think whoever is considered the best player in the league when Bron retires is going to the face of the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Well to be the face, you have to be the best, and you have to win. Right now Nobody is dominating like Lebron or Mike after Bron leaves. As of now Id say nobody is immediately taking over when Bron steps out. I agree with you that Luka is at the head of the pack right now, Id say probably tied with Giannis...but Giannis right now has been a lot closer to winning. Remember Jordan won 6 straight, Lebron went to what 9/10 straight...the face of the nba has to set himself apart from everyone else has similar to what these guys are doing. They also did it physically. Giannis and Zion both have that physical separation from the league as well like Jordan/Bron. Luca puts up amazing numbers so he can def be the face, but I just think Giannis and Zion might have a leg up on him in doing it even though they both probably fall short as well. I think whoever is considered the best player in the league when Bron retires is going to the face of the nba.
    Wasn't Lebron 27 when he won his first ship? Jordan was 28 wasn't he?

I agree with you that Zion is one of them. I think its gonna be both of em. Doncic & Zion - 22 & 20 years old respectively. They will take the Torch.

I like the duel faces idea. League is getting more and more talented, and by far the worst parity American sport seems to be becoming more unpredictable. Two big factors I think, even if a GOAT candidate came along the league is so talented they'd be hard pressed to approach the success of Lebron, Jordan, Kobe which is what it basically takes. Remember when Kawhi was almost the face of the league for a year. I think we'll see more of that with the top 5ish guys and might see the 'leader' of the 2020s only win 2-3 championships

Quote Originally Posted by Snowone View Post
    I like the duel faces idea. League is getting more and more talented, and by far the worst parity American sport seems to be becoming more unpredictable. Two big factors I think, even if a GOAT candidate came along the league is so talented they'd be hard pressed to approach the success of Lebron, Jordan, Kobe which is what it basically takes. Remember when Kawhi was almost the face of the league for a year. I think we'll see more of that with the top 5ish guys and might see the 'leader' of the 2020s only win 2-3 championships
    Yeah until he broke the league with his load management lol... Thanks for that Kawhi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123