Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,902

    April 2021 Game Thread

    Before tonight’s Hawks game, we have a #TRADEALERT:

    Blackhawks acquire Brett Connolly, Reilly Stillman, the rights to Henrik Borgstrom and a 2021 7th rd pick from Panthers for Lucas Wallmark and Lucas Carlsson

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,857
    So salary dump and borgstrom?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,989
    I wouldn't say a total salary dump and Borgstrom, I would think the Hawks low-key hope Connolly can bounce back, but how the deal is structured if he doesn't it won't matter too much. Connolly could potentially be a useful role player again. At this point, he looks like a salary move, but he shouldn't be looked at as complete dead weight. Prior to this season, he had 5 straight seasons at 20+ points only one below 25. He had 4 straight 15 goal seasons. He could end up having some use. His contract goes through the 2023 season. Connolly could easily revive himself into a more useful player. But your right the big part of this deal is Borgstrom. Connolly is having a pretty bad year while his contract doesn't look great but is not a crippling salary figure knowing they're getting Borgstrom. But your right the big part of this deal is Borgstrom. If he pans out then really a good trade for the Hawks.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 04-09-2021 at 10:55 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,657
    One area I totally trust with Bowman is the foreign scouting so I like the move.

    Connolly if he rebounds at all is useful and tradeable. At 3.5, he's not going to kill us, and could attach something or eat part of the salary to move if he doesn't rebound at all.

    Carlson seems like a nice player, but we're pretty crowded with young guys trying to crack the lineup. We didn't really lose anything and got a shot at a really high upside guy.

    Really excited to see Borg next year.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,902
    Mattias Janmark being held out due to “organizational decision”.

    Which likely means he’s going to be traded by Monday deadline

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,902
    Hawks to acquire Adam Gaudette from Canucks for Matthew Highmore

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,989
    It's a decent move for the Hawks as it could pay some dividends for them. Last season Gaudette netted 33 points. He could be a decent 3-4 line player. They didn't give up much, Highmore had upside, but hasn't shown too much at the NHL level outside of his 3 goals in the playoffs, and almost seemed as if he had fallen out of favor here. I would likely initially grade Gaudette a little higher than Highmore from a statistical perspective. Gaudette's had some good and some bad, he's only at 7 points this year. At the end of the day, it's likely a swap of bottom-line players here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,989
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Mattias Janmark being held out due to “organizational decision”.

    Which likely means he’s going to be traded by Monday deadline
    It would be nice to get some draft capital for Janmark. Hopefully, if they do deal with him they don't whiff on the value of the play like they did with Lehner last season. I think if they play their cards right can get a 2nd or a decent prospect at a minimum. He could have a good value for teams looking to go deeper in the playoffs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,902
    Another trade:

    Hawks trade Mattias Janmark and 2022 5th rd pick to Golden Knights for their 2021 2nd rd pick and 2022 3rd rd pick

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,902
    3rd trade today for the Hawks:

    Hawks trade Carl Soderberg to Avalanche for prospects Ryder Rolston and Josh Dickinson

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,989
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Another trade:

    Hawks trade Mattias Janmark and 2022 5th rd pick to Golden Knights for their 2021 2nd rd pick and 2022 3rd rd pick
    I'd call that a pretty decent haul for the Hawks on this one. Two relatively high picks for Janmark who was not going to be part of the team's future.

    The Hawks also flipped Carl Soderberg for two prospects. I'm hearing the key on that deal was Ryder Rolston who the Hawks liked most in this deal. Most reports I've seen on him indicate a guy who could have a fairly high ceiling but comes with a good deal of risk as well. He still needs seasoning, but the scouting takes on him were all over on him, but the general take was he needs seasoning, but multiple reports had his ceiling being a top 6 forward if he is able to continue to refine his game a little more. Seems like a potential boom or bust prospect. Hard to grade this deal overall because it will be contingent on what Rolston becomes.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I'd call that a pretty decent haul for the Hawks on this one. Two relatively high picks for Janmark who was not going to be part of the team's future.

    The Hawks also flipped Carl Soderberg for two prospects. I'm hearing the key on that deal was Ryder Rolston who the Hawks liked most in this deal. Most reports I've seen on him indicate a guy who could have a fairly high ceiling but comes with a good deal of risk as well. He still needs seasoning, but the scouting takes on him were all over on him, but the general take was he needs seasoning, but multiple reports had his ceiling being a top 6 forward if he is able to continue to refine his game a little more. Seems like a potential boom or bust prospect. Hard to grade this deal overall because it will be contingent on what Rolston becomes.
    I am assuming they have seen a lot of Ralston while scouting/watching Slaggert at Notre Dame. Good trade IMO for Soderberg, he clearly was not coming back next season ... I was thinking they would at best get a late round pick (6th or 7th), instead they essentially got a 5th rounder in Rolston (where he was drafted by CO). who is a little further along than most 5th rounders.


    I think Stan has nailed the deadline so far. A good haul coming in and they only assets with any kind of future going out being Carlsson and a 5th round pick

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,657
    Stan is killing it right now. So hard to say, because I think he's the reason the dynasty didn't hold thru Toew/Kane prime years.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    917
    One more trade

    Canucks get: D Madison Bowey and fifth-round pick
    Blackhawks get: Fourth-round pick

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,989
    Quote Originally Posted by bearfanrp View Post
    I am assuming they have seen a lot of Ralston while scouting/watching Slaggert at Notre Dame. Good trade IMO for Soderberg, he clearly was not coming back next season ... I was thinking they would at best get a late round pick (6th or 7th), instead they essentially got a 5th rounder in Rolston (where he was drafted by CO). who is a little further along than most 5th rounders.

    I think Stan has nailed the deadline so far. A good haul coming in and they only assets with any kind of future going out being Carlsson and a 5th round pick
    Yeah, I would agree I think they have a pretty good feel on his skill. Of the things I saw that were negative seemed fairly coachable too.

    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Stan is killing it right now. So hard to say, because I think he's the reason the dynasty didn't hold thru Toew/Kane prime years.

    I'd agree hard to dislike what he has done. He got good future value or potential value for assets that were not going to be part of the long term future of this team. Certainly don't think he was fleeced on any deal. Some of the future assets may not pan out, but worth while moves

    Gained: Hinostroza, Borgstrom, Connolly, Stillman, Gaudette, Rolston, Dickson, a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a 7th.

    Sent: Wallmark, Carlsson, Janmark, Soderberg, Highmore, Bowey, Morris, and 2 5ths.

    A lot of potential added IMO in Borgstrom and Rolston and who knows what the picks could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by bearfanrp View Post
    One more trade

    Canucks get: D Madison Bowey and fifth-round pick
    Blackhawks get: Fourth-round pick
    That's pretty clutch considering we just signed him 2 months earlier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •