Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But you (hopefully) aren’t against interracial marriage, which was my point. The Liberals of the 60’s didn’t grow up and get smart by adopting the then conservative viewpoint interracial marriage was wrong, they became conservative because their previously liberal view that interracial marriage was acceptable became a conservative view in that they only though interracial marriage was acceptable, but not gay marriage, and the new liberal viewpoint was gay marriage.

Point is, as people get older they are not changing their views to become conservative, their views are becoming conservative as new progressive ideas become the liberal viewpoint.
    Dude were starting to see that trend reverse though were starting to see major publication publish trash like this.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/s...hes-white.html

And these sentiments definitely are NOT coming from the Right, same with the article I posted about that Boston hospital determining care based on race, same with Universities racially segregating housing.

California tried to pass an initiative that would have brought back state-sponsored racial segregation.

NONE OF THIS IS COMING FROM THE RIGHT!

By your theory, is the argument FOR racial segregation in dating, housing, employment etc going to BECOME the conservative viewpoint as those people who currently are *liberal* become conservative and the Overton window shifts?
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 04-09-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The states that were against interracial marriage were Democratic states bro.
    I’m aware, that’s why I said Liberals and Conservative instead of Democratic and Republican. The primary demographic who was against interracial marriage was southern conservatives (known then as Dixiecrats)

I’m aware, that’s why I said Liberals and Conservative instead of Democratic and Republican. The primary demographic who was against interracial marriage was southern conservatives (known then as Dixiecrats)
    No, they were southern LIBERALS.

Northern, and Western, and Mid-West Conservatives WEREN'T against it.

Also, you skipped my other point.

By your theory, is the argument FOR racial segregation in dating, housing, employment etc going to BECOME the conservative viewpoint as those people who currently are *liberal* become conservative and the Overton window shifts?

No, they were southern LIBERALS, Northern, and Western, and Mid-West Conservatives WEREN'T against it.

Also, you skipped my other point.

You straight up are out of your mind.

You straight up are out of your mind.
    Then why is it in states that were controlled by Republicans aka (conservatives) at that time, pushing these laws. The only ones doing it were the southern democrat ones.

You're basically defining conservative and liberal based on one issue and how you feel about that issue.

Northern Democrats and Northern Conservatives were pushing these laws, were they BOTH liberals? So were NY Republicans and NY Democrats Liberals? How does that work?

Also.

Furthermore, as gun ownership rates among Minorities and Women continue to rise, and the emergence of 3-D printing makes any meaningful gun control impossible, will being PRO-2A become the LIBERAL point of view or will that still be the Conservative point of view.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 04-09-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Then why is it in states that were controlled by Republicans aka (conservatives) at that time, pushing these laws. The only ones doing it were the southern democrat ones.

You're basically defining conservative and liberal based on one issue and how you feel about that issue.

Northern Democrats and Northern Conservatives were pushing these laws, were they BOTH liberals? So were NY Republicans and NY Democrats Liberals? How does that work?

Also.

Because at that time Republicans weren’t conservatives. Dixiecrats were about states rights, they are considered far right:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat

Because at that time Republicans weren’t conservatives. Dixiecrats were about states rights, they are considered far right:

Correct.

We have been down this lane many times here. It actually boils down to one catalyst: Abraham Lincoln. He was a Republican. For that reason alone, for 100 years white Southerners despised the Republican Party — at least until LBJ and RR.

Then how can you say that anyone successful did it on their own when you’ve listed no less than half a dozen people that helped you get to where you are?

Would you be the same person if your parents hadn’t cared about you? Would you have learned the same level of self reliance if not for the Army? Would you have been able to pay for college completely if your boss hadn’t convinced the company to pay for it? Would you have done as well without the luck of your superior retiring, or the company agreeing to promote you after you made your case?

All of that was due to your hard work and aptitude, but also due to the mentorship, education, caring, and actions of all those other people. Without them, you would not be where you are. It is the same for any successful person. There are many people who did not have half the opportunities you did, and that is not to belittle your accomplishments, as all the opportunities you had would not have mattered if you did not work hard to take advantage of them.

But the idea that no one helped you along the way is ridiculous.
    Also from the ability to accept and understand all that was shown to me.

Some kids had terrible parewnts and still turned out great. Read Gianno Caldwell's biography.

I go back to the great teacher example……You can finish at the top of your class because of great teachers but those same teachers also had failing students. Some students aooplky themselves, others do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Also from the ability to accept and understand all that was shown to me.

Some kids had terrible parewnts and still turned out great. Read Gianno Caldwell's biography.

I go back to the great teacher example……You can finish at the top of your class because of great teachers but those same teachers also had failing students. Some students aooplky themselves, others do not.
    Bolded: And some people survive falls out of airplanes without a parachute, but it’s unreasonable to expect everyone who falls out of a plane without a parachute to survive because some did.

Caring parents and great teachers make it more likely for you to succeed, even if one can succeed without them (or fail with them).

Yes, some kids fail classes from great teachers. That means they failed to take advantage of the opportunity. Which is why I said success is a combination of opportunity and personal effort. They had one of the two.

Bolded: And some people survive falls out of airplanes without a parachute, but it’s unreasonable to expect everyone who falls out of a plane without a parachute to survive because some did.

Caring parents and great teachers make it more likely for you to succeed, even if one can succeed without them (or fail with them).

Yes, some kids fail classes from great teachers. That means they failed to take advantage of the opportunity. Which is why I said success is a combination of opportunity and personal effort. They had one of the two.
    But some people stupidly do not take advantage of opportunity. That'w what I've always said about the US…it is loaded with opportunity.

To bastardize a Frank Sinatra song……

If you can't make it here
    You can't make it anywhere

But whatever.

Tell you what………

You do whatever works for you and I will do whatever works for me.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Correct.

We have been down this lane many times here. It actually boils down to one catalyst: Abraham Lincoln. He was a Republican. For that reason alone, for 100 years white Southerners despised the Republican Party — at least until LBJ and RR.
    lmao! Republicans bring up this time period as tho they were the progressive ones, yet turn out it was driven by even heavier racism!! [emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

First of all, Wikipedia is a terrible citation source, and you know that.

Second of all, the fact that they used the argument of states rights doesn't make them "conservative" It's an argument either party uses when a state wants to do something the party in Federal Power doesn't like.

Also,
    Dude were starting to see that trend reverse though were starting to see major publication publish trash like this.

And these sentiments definitely are NOT coming from the Right, same with the article I posted about that Boston hospital determining care based on race, same with Universities racially segregating housing.

California tried to pass an initiative that would have brought back state-sponsored racial segregation.

Second of all, the fact that they used the argument of states rights doesn't make them "conservative" It's an argument either party uses when a state wants to do something the party in Federal Power doesn't like.

Also,

First. I could have used the encyclopedia britannica:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/right

Which says “right portion of the political spectrum associated with conservative thought”.

Second, it’s not that I’m choosing to only use states rights, it’s that they espouse all conservative beliefs. They are for celebrating southern heritage, state rights, family values, Christianity, and small government. If that sounds like everything modern conservatives, it’s because they were conservatives.

This is all pretty well known among historians.

Also,

The examples you are usi g are in the context of minorities being at a natural disadvantage within the system, and so trying to correct that.

I'm not saying that makes it right, but you're trying to make it sound like each side is doing the same thing, but they're not, you have to consider context.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Republican party will cease to exist in the next 10 years. It will become the QANON party. Either way Republicans will not win any presidential elections in 10 years or so when Texas turns blue. Georgia, Arizona, North Carolina are already heading that way. Even if R's are able win the midwest and Florida that will not be enough to win the White House. Eventually Puerto Rico and DC will become states too and forget about them electing republicans there.
    Not if their voter suppression tactics are set in place.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast