Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Who cares? If you start applying logic to religion you are going to run into nothing but problems.
    To all but one, I agree.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The problem is that you’re applying your definition of marriage. The actual definition doesn’t mention religion or god. It’s a legal union.
    It's been stolen. That's what is being said. Not a problem of me applying a definition I made it. It's literally the original definition.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    But again, basic factual error.
    Not at all. But tell yourself what you need to.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Literally no successful person will say this. It's among the dumbest things ever uttered not only on this forum, but possibly in the history of not only the English language, but all language in general.
    I disagree... Successful people are often delusional about the causes of their success. If we stopped and realized how random and uncontrollable life actually is, I mean just stop and think about the random improbability of any individual person to exist in the first place, you would end up in some sort of lovecraftian maddness. it PAYS to be delusional. Quite literally.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    If we stopped and realized how random and uncontrollable life actually is, I mean just stop and think about the random improbability of any individual person to exist in the first place, you would end up in some sort of lovecraftian maddness. it PAYS to be delusional. Quite literally.
    Yup. The capacity for self-delusion is probably hard-wired into humans (a trait selected over the millenia for survival).

As for the Lovecraftian madness, just imagine how dependent our individual existence is on past events, big and small: for example, if the US had not dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I would venture that none of us would be alive today.

Is the Republican Party deliberately destroying themselves?

I disagree... Successful people are often delusional about the causes of their success. If we stopped and realized how random and uncontrollable life actually is, I mean just stop and think about the random improbability of any individual person to exist in the first place, you would end up in some sort of lovecraftian maddness. it PAYS to be delusional. Quite literally.
    I agree for most but think Sluggo might be truly independent and an exception. you dropped Sluggo naked and alone into the middle of the forest I think he’d build his own society

(Nice to see ya)

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    To all but one, I agree.
    All religions but one? Which one doesn't require faith?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree for most but think Sluggo might be truly independent and an exception. you dropped Sluggo naked and alone into the middle of the forest I think he’d build his own society

(Nice to see ya)
    ala jim jones
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    All religions but one? Which one doesn't require faith?
    What doesn't require faith?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yup. The capacity for self-delusion is probably hard-wired into humans (a trait selected over the millenia for survival).

As for the Lovecraftian madness, just imagine how dependent our individual existence is on past events, big and small: for example, if the US had not dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I would venture that none of us would be alive today.
    Most of the "faithful" here do not want to behead someone for saying something bad about Jesus. Guess People were burnt at the stake in times past, but we are not living in centuries long ago. The ability to suspend reality seems to have never left us though.

Your WWII analogy is probably accurate. They estimated 1,000,000 casualties if we had invaded Japan. Lotta potential Daddies wouldn't have been there. On the other hand, some contend Japan was ready to surrender when Russia joined the war against them. That we went ahead and dropped the bomb just to show the Russians we had it. Who's to say?

(Nice to see ya)
    It's amazing how little some of you know while thinking you know so much.

All I have ever done is tried to advantage of any opportunity that comes along. And these are not "opportunities for Sluggo." They are opportunities for all. Some people take advantage of them (moi) while others do not.

But, as always, feel free to think and do as you wish.

I see your point:

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It's amazing how little some of you know while thinking you know so much.

All I have ever done is tried to advantage of any opportunity that comes along. And these are not "opportunities for Sluggo." They are opportunities for all. Some people take advantage of them (moi) while others do not.

But, as always, feel free to think and do as you wish.

(Nice to see ya)
    Society is for suckers. Everyone needs to take care of themselves. He ain't doin that ****!
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I see your point:

No, I don't think you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No, I don't think you do.
    I do. If you win an Oscar your acceptance speech would be “there’s no one to Thank because no one did anything for me”. If you scored the winning TD you’d go “I’m not thanking God because he had nothing to do with how great I am”. At your funeral it will read “he is survived by no one because he got here all on his own”...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast