Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Question Is the Republican Party deliberately destroying themselves?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...de/7114860002/

Or are they just too dumb to notice?

I realize I am a newb here and don't carry any sway, but I think the article I posted deserves some consideration.

Certainly there are those here who can enlighten me, but what IS the Republican Platform? What are they actively doing for the people of this country?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    I realize I am a newb here and don't carry any sway, but I think the article I posted deserves some consideration.

Certainly there are those here who can enlighten me, but what IS the Republican Platform? What are they actively doing for the people of this country?
    I am not necessarily the best person to respond here, largely because I have no clue as what the national party stands for other than gaining and maintaining power. Maybe they were once the party of fiscal responsibility (maybe, but in reality probably not). Or family values (again, a stretch). They don’t want immigrants. That’s about the best I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I am not necessarily the best person to respond here, largely because I have no clue as what the national party stands for other than gaining and maintaining power. Maybe they were once the party of fiscal responsibility (maybe, but in reality probably not). Or family values (again, a stretch). They don’t want immigrants. That’s about the best I can come up with.
    Yeah I would really like to know what they stand for but I come up with similar answers to yours.

When I was young the Republican Party was largely composed of idealists and even quite a few intellectuals. They were progressive in their thinking and looking for solutions to common problems. Unfortunately, when the Southern Democrats abandoned their party after the passing of the Civil Rights Act and joined the Republicans things have gone downhill ever since. I personally believe that Karl Rove had a great deal of responsibility changing the party to an "anything goes" one that felt that winning was the only thing and nothing was off limits to achieve this. Spinning, lying, character assassination and so forth were all acceptable tactics to achieve their goals--which were mostly just about winning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...de/7114860002/

Or are they just too dumb to notice?
    Or are these new dem voters the ones who are dumb.

Any improvement for minorities under the dems???

Do millennials have any valid ideas at all other than it sounds nice???

Can any of all these new dems show us anything that the dems have done???

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

Good point. With McConnell and other obstructionists in both houses when controlled by the Republicans virtually nothing got done.

Biden got the COVID relief bill through and has some excellent plans to get this country safer and back to work. Of course actually accomplishing anything does seem to go against the grain with the Republicans. So we shall see. It will clearly be an uphill battle to do anything that benefits ordinary people.

Nope. They are doing what is necessary to survive as a national party when you cater to an ever shrinking group of voters. As you shrink the tent, you need to make sure that your base is more and more fired up and more and more scared of societal change.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Nope. They are doing what is necessary to survive as a national party when you cater to an ever shrinking group of voters. As you shrink the tent, you need to make sure that your base is more and more fired up and more and more scared of societal change.
    Demonizing the opposition worked well for Hitler and Mussolini. For a while anyway.

this is what happens when there are more media supportive on that sign to influence people across America.

Gallup's latest measurements on political affiliation were taken during President Joe Biden's inauguration – days after supporters of former President Donald Trump attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
    timing, with media manipulation that Trump incited the riot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

Maybe you missed it, but this thread is about the Republican Party, not whattabbout the Democratic Party.

Do tell us, what does the Republican Party stand for (not what they might have once stood for or what you imagine they stand for).

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is what happens when there are more media supportive on that sign to influence people across America.

timing, with media manipulation that Trump incited the riot.
    That poor innocent man. He was playing golf just before it started, right?

Good point. With McConnell and other obstructionists in both houses when controlled by the Republicans virtually nothing got done.

Biden got the COVID relief bill through and has some excellent plans to get this country safer and back to work. Of course actually accomplishing anything does seem to go against the grain with the Republicans. So we shall see. It will clearly be an uphill battle to do anything that benefits ordinary people.
    Bold 1……what are these plans???

Bold 2……how does this differ from what the dems did toi Trump???

If you want to see the difference between the two parties you only need to go back to Obama's "you didn't build that" speech. He pointed out how successful people didn't reach that success on their own. He (incredibly) pointed out how successful people didn't build the roads in front of their building nor did they build the building. In his mind, this constituted help. In that speech alone he lost tens of thousands of supporters if not more. In those few words, he insulted successful people.

Successful people are successful on their own. They achieve success through their own devices (OK, some are of the lucky genes and inherit a good starting point [see Trump, Donald]), but the vast majority of successful people are self made. You don't finish at the top of your class because someone wrote a good textbook. This point, perhaps more than any other point, is the difference between the dems and repubs.

What Obama completely missed in his speech was that the roads and the buildings etc. created opportunities to succeed. Some people take advantage of those opportunities while others do not.

What repubs do is to work within these opportunities that are open to everyone. It's up to each individual to make something out of it. If you succeed, you will grow, and grow on your own. Dems, on the other hand, hand out free stuff to people that keep expecting more free stuff … forever. It's the old story……if you are hungry, the dems will give you a fish to fry, and then another fish tomorrow and on and on. The repubs will give you a fishing pole,, point you to the water and you can go it alone from there.

What most repubs want from their government is to just get out of the way and let us live off the fruits of out labor. Reasonable protective legislation and taxation is understandable, just don't hold us back with pie in the sky silliness.. And don't waste our $$$

Think it thru a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Maybe you missed it, but this thread is about the Republican Party, not whattabbout the Democratic Party.

Do tell us, what does the Republican Party stand for (not what they might have once stood for or what you imagine they stand for).
    Read my last post.

That poor innocent man. He was playing golf just before it started, right?
    There doesn't appear to be some weird or suspicious gap. But sometimes unserious people make unserious comments. You will find that out rather soon.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/p...filiation.aspx
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Republican Platform

Healthcare: Repeal Obamacare, replace it with nothing
    Environment: Do Nothing
    Infrastructure: Do nothing
    Fixing the Senate: Do nothing
    Gun Violence: Do nothing
    Education: Keep it unaffordable
    Taxes: Do less of them, for the rich
    Voting Rights: Have less of them, especially for minorities
    Immigration: Do less, be cruel if possible
    Religion: Do it all (Christian only obvs), make everyone do christian stuff