Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 25.00%
  • Sox Win Series

3 75.00%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Kopech needs to be a starter
    Shhhh you can't say that here......

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    He will be in due time. If anyone faulters as we progress thru this season, he will be in line to step in. We have 2 open rotation spots in 2022 as well.
    "If anyone falters"....He's got the best stuff of any pitcher on this staff!! The only reason he's not in the rotation ( And I think they're wrong) is because they are watching his innings...No one has to falter for this guy to be starting!

Really not sure why Eaton didn't start today, after two straight days off??

Hopefully it's because he is bad

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

[QUOTE=blams;33902913]Hopefully it's because he is bad

Once you figure out sports ....you should post, till then Shhhhhhhhhh!

[QUOTE=Bainsy;33903080]
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Hopefully it's because he is bad

Once you figure out sports ....you should post, till then Shhhhhhhhhh!
    Yikes. Try to be a bit more respectful , notice I didn't attack you, but you did attack me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 04-12-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    "If anyone falters"....He's got the best stuff of any pitcher on this staff!! The only reason he's not in the rotation ( And I think they're wrong) is because they are watching his innings...No one has to falter for this guy to be starting!
    Correct. They are watching his innings. I believe they have said they will continue to stretch him out, with hopes of having him available to start in the second half or for the stretch run. Why do you think that he should just be forced into a starting role immediately off of TJS and sitting out for a year?
    Which starter do you think has performed so terribly that Kopech should be rushed into the rotation immediately to replace him?

Iím not sure why we are in a hurry to start him anyways. Itís not like we are losing cuz of starting pitching. We are losing cuz of defense, our bullpen, and bad situational hitting. Kopech is one of 2 bright spots in our pen at the moment. Everyone but him and Crochet are struggling out of the gates.

Foster, Bummer, Marshall, Hendriks, Heuer have all let us down at least 1 time so far. Crochetís defense let us down.

Iím not sure who you replace in the rotation at this point. Kuechel? Cease? If you are going to say Rodon, I think he may end up being one of our top 2-3 starters this year.
    I know. I know. He has to stay healthy. If he doesnít stay healthy, then you can move Kopech in. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Correct. They are watching his innings. I believe they have said they will continue to stretch him out, with hopes of having him available to start in the second half or for the stretch run. Why do you think that he should just be forced into a starting role immediately off of TJS and sitting out for a year?
    Which starter do you think has performed so terribly that Kopech should be rushed into the rotation immediately to replace him?
    I believe Rodon had the same surgery as he did one of a few his had including his shoulder and elbow way after Kopech had his....Why aren't they watching his innings???
    To answer your question anyone not named Gio or Lynn...

I keep repeating this, its been 2 and a half years since he had the damn surgery!!

Remember, Rodon had his TJS in May 2019. Full recovery to prior levels takes 1-2 years. He may not have been fully ready last year when he came back. He looks much better this year, and his stuff has looked as good as anyone on the staff thus far.

I believe Kopech could have given us 5 innings in the rotation from the beginning of the season, with fewer pitch totals then the current duo of Cease and Rodon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I keep repeating this, its been 2 and a half years since he had the damn surgery!!
    I think it is a combination of the surgery and the subsequent year off. He has not pitched competitively since that surgery 2 1/2 years ago.

I really believe that he will be making starts in the 2nd half of the season.

He is must see TV when he is pitching!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast